Tree of Savior Forum

Running out of SP in dungeons

Hi!

I’m still divided between going alchemist or full mage, but right now I’m Wizard 3 and what I’ve noticed is that I keep running out of SP in dungeons, specially in agressive pulls.

What do you guys sugest? I have 25spr 80 int and 10 con atm. More spr?

Eventually running out of SP in dungeons is normal really but going alchemist may just save you from taking intervals resting on bonfires by just making condensed SP potions.

Campfire?
Is the party that rushy to just sit down for like 20 secs?

They never stop >.< I stopped using energybolt and keep swift cast + missiles spam so my SP can keep it up

You wouldnt believe it how rushed people are

Just sit down on your solo bonfire next time, when you regained your sp join up with them. They can’t do anything to you xD

I honestly suggest not going Alchemist? Because why would you spend a whole circle devoting yourself to something that can be bought with silver anyway? Unless you love the aspect of crafting and being a chemist, or miss your RO character, then I would suggest to just buy potions instead of going Alchemist just to get your own, they are not that expensive.

Build wise, yes, more SPR. INT scales badly, you will benefit with a higher SP pool with a higher SP regeneration. You also want CON btw, even if it’s PVE only.

invest in SP recovery gear

Nothing wrong if a mage runs out of sp after doing those big burst, unless you intend to go support.

Wizard3 / Elementalist 3 here, no points used in SPR. Spam sp potions during the dngn, you won’t need to sit. Int is not so bad depending in what classes are you choosing, Con is an importan stat even if you are a mage.

Reset your stats, no need for SPR. Use alchemist potions, they are cheap and restore your full bar of SP. The price has almost dropped to the point that it is cost effective on par with the best SP/silver ratio of the npc’s potion (120 silver for 168 sp). Also wiz3 makes no sense with alch

Does potions in this game have cd? If so how long?

W3 makes all the sense in the world in any build as 50% dmg is a lot.

read on spr and sp regeneration here: https://github.com/vyne1/tos-mechanics

a good thing to know is to sit once each 10 sec to ‘double’ your sp and hp recovery, since the natural recovery while standing is each 20 sec, while its each 10 sec while sitting, so just sit once each 10 sec to reduce the need for campfire and pots a bit.

Campfire is the best thing there is, but this trick is also quite good to know. Still, make sure you got plenty of firewood, always, like 100+

Well, you can’t use that kind of reasoning because it’s simply ‘this class has X benefit therefore it is always good’ - I’m looking at it more from a synergy perspective.

When you take alch that usually means you have only 5 ranks to play with. I doubt people would squeeze in W3 there because W3 needs follow up dps classes in order to be really good - like Ele3 or Kino3.

Most Alchs either go 2 routes - support (cryo, linker, thaum) or if they go the dps route they take pyro linker or cryo kino. That’s because given only 5 ranks, you have to choose something that doesn’t take more than 5 ranks to be effective, which are the above.

But that’s off topic haha sorry for digressing.

If you go alchemist you have to get Alche 2 and probably Alche 3 once it’s released. It’s not a path you should go for yout main char, but for an alt to make money and things like that.

If you’re going for it for the potions you should take other jobs and simply buy the potions you need.

Wiz 3 is very bad for alche since you only have the first 5 ranks available to pump your damage until rank 7 or 8. If you want alche you have to understand it and plan accordingly.

Buy level 10 alchemist potions, they are almost as cheap as the npc pots now.

There is nothing you can do stat wise to keep you from running out of sp, everyone uses pots, its just part of the game. At higher levels you make up the sp cost of a pot after just a few minutes, and you dont go through them that fast. A level 10 alchemist potion almost refills my entire sp bar at level 200 (base spr)

Buy pot or such, but do not waste your stat points in SPR.

And how does one reset stats in this game?