Tree of Savior Forum

Runecaster skills (rune of justice specifically)

Does anyone else feel like runecaster is lackluster? I love the class flavor, costume, everything… except all the skills take runestones and have obnoxious cooldowns. Compared to meteor, which has the same cooldown, takes no reagent, and has the same scaling basically. I dont so much have a problem with this, its more rune of justice. Very cool idea, but its cooldown is too long for the amount of damage it does with the difficulty of actually casting it and hitting things. It would be so much more useful if it had a shorter cooldown (or maybe overheat of 2) and didnt take a runestone to use. I always feel like runecaster skills are a last resort because of the reagent and cooldown, when they should at least have some kind of skill that can be used in some kind of primary attack capacity. The buffs seem fine as they are with the runestones, and rune of destruction doesnt feel like a primary attack (much like meteor) so its fine, but justice could use some love I feel.

3 Likes

runecaster right now is only effective if you go cyromancer :cry: , i agree that rune of justice should be buff , 4 sec cast (with quick cast ) + 50 sec cooldown , and its damage is much worse than frost cloud with 0 cast time + 30 sec cooldown :expressionless:

1 Like

8 sec cast time is much more crippling than a runestone cost.
runecaster class is lacking a primary attack skill.
it is inferior to necro flesh cannon in every way. it should have the same cooldown as flesh cannon, a lot faster cast time than it currently has, a bit less damage, with a longer aoe. and hopefully have some interesting skill interactions.

can only hope it gets buffed or has better circles ahead.

1 Like

I have a Wiz3 Cryo1 Kino1 Rune Caster.
Rune of Ice is awesome, Destruction isn’t bad, but Justice…
What were they thinking? It does half of the hits of my Magic Missile. for weak damage and on a small, line AoE. All this behind a 4 seconds cast time and 50 seconds cooldown without overheat.

Tbh… the damage wise is pretty decent. It Is a pretty superb single target skill… The issue is when the monster move one box away… Or move into the example( north east zone) . You miss everything. Currently sitting on 2.6k x 5 (13k dmg at Lvl 185) Lvl 1 rune Of justice (wizard 3 ele 2 rc> ele3 ). The aiming system need to be fix . 3/4 angle is just terrible

You need to stand there for 8 seconds, or 4 with Quickcast, right next to the monsters hoping they don’t move for mediocre damage. It’s just bad, I could use Magic Missile from far and do twice as much damage.

RC cast times were buffed to 6 secs on KTOS, hope someday we get all the balance changtes from there.

1 Like

i quite happy that they did something for runecaster , but 6 sec cast ( 3s with quickcast ) is still a long time for that crappy damage Dx , i hope i buff the damage more in the future .

Oh wow, I’m super happy they buffed RC even if it’s a tiny buff like that.

They should really put Justice on a lower cooldown and an even lower cast time.

I’d just want more burst damage for justice honestly.