Tree of Savior Forum

RuneCaster or Alchemist?

So im nearing rank 6 only 2 class lvls away and im having a hard time deciding if to go rune caster or alch. I was going to go alch but mainly to make money then i heard people telling me that the money making potential on alchs have been reduced badly so it made me reconsider but im not sure if later on alch will start to make money to so idk would like some advice plz.

What are your current classes?

C1 cyro and C3 kino so far

i cant stress this enough:
RUNE OF ISA(Ice): “All ice type magic cast by you and your party members [EXCEPT FOR DEPLOYMENT MAGIC] will be stronger(300%) for a certain duration”.
Deployment magic is things that are Put onto the field, such as flame ground, hail, frost cloud, ICE WALL, etc etc. as a cryo-kino, Rune caster offers literally nothing, and all the rune caster spells are on a 8 second cast time, making them inviable for anyone who isnt a wiz3. if you want to continue you’r build, keep going with Cryo. that is the route you have chosen. if you don’t want to do that then you are stuck taking something else for 2 circles. so out of your current wants, Alchemist would be the smarter choice.

rune if ice applies to the ice wall projectiles ice pike and ice bolt all kills that i use 8 second cd isnt a prob for me casue i can CC mobs for longer than 8 seconds basically wat i can do is gravity pole> raise> rune of destruction and boom or just place ice wall and psy pressure and they still will melt lol

no no, 8 seconds JUST to sit there, you can’t do anything else, just for a buff that at level 5 will only last 50 seconds on a 3 minute cooldown, for level 5 skills, is a HUGE waste, no matter how big the 300% boost is. you can not reliably use something you need to stand still for 8 seconds without wizards surespell/quick cast. it is jut not worth it. at level 5 your ice wall is already dissapearing very quick, i could cast lv1 rune of ice just to cast 3 charges of level 5 freezing sphere, and it would do more then your level 5 ice bolt boosted by the same rune. as i’ve said, runecaster is not viable for you, especially with only one rank of cryomancer.

u do have a point wat about necromancer? would that be ok to go?

Personally i’m a fan of necromancer because of shoggoth. any class thats summoning Eldritch abominations is okay in my book, the uglier and meaner the better. it also helps that the shoggoth is kinda cool, but thats all i know about the class. i’ve no numbers or data i can give you about the class itself. it also not cheap i’ve heard, as if you cant reliably collect corpses off their skill, you’re stuck paying for them from the npc.

They are good for bossing

@dark_nobody212 is right, it isn’t worth it unless you run Wiz3-Cryo3-RC and have someone else proc the Ice Walls at a good rate, or Wiz3-Cryo2-Kino-RC, which lacks a lot of stuff even with the combo. I haven’t tried Necromancer myself, bit a lot of people bash at the class as much as Hunter and Bokor because the AI seems to just plain suck. So, until fixed, I wouldn’t recommend it. Of you still haven’t decided both ranks 6 and 7, I’d recommend Linker+FF,

Just to let you know that, unlike other money making class, alchemist is still a incompletely class. Both squire and pardoner can go to max rank(rank 5-7), but alchemist is still only max at rank 2(rank 6-7). Its money making potential has NOT BEEN COMPLETELY REVEALED YET (still has skill that has yet to be reveal+skill not at max level yet).

argh y is it all the classes i like have a problem or useless. But what if later on in the game they get better then id be like dam it should of really picked it

Wiz > Cryo 2 > Kino 3 > Warlock

PvP king, if you like PvP you won’t regret it, ever.

If all you wnjoy is PvE Cryo > Kino is not what you really want.