Tree of Savior Forum

Rune of Destruction & Justice question

Does increasing their levels increase anything else beside base damage?
Like perhaps, number of bounce for Destruction / number of hits for Justice?

Was planning to take Rune of Giant and Rune of Ice while also taking Destruction & Justice. Thanks in advance

I had a RC and lvl only increases the base damage. The number of bounces of Destruction and hits of Justice wont change. Anyway, in a near future (i think) Rune of Justice will have 2 oveheats and Holy element, making this the best choice between destruction and justice, because the real utility of destruction is with more than 3 targets.

1 Like

Rune of destruction i think does 1 bounce per enemy hit kinda like a Magic missile, so damage is pretty irregular on mobs, some mobs take multiple bounces sometimes, others aren’t hit by a single bounce.

Due to this mechanic, pairing Rune of Destruction with Circling (falconeer) is really strong, all monsters inside circling will take damage from each bounce, if 10 enemies are hit, all enemies take explosion damage + 10 bounces.

Since I don’t now what rank9 is about I’ll tell you what I have lerned about my rune caster.

Giant is useless. Cosmetic only. It would be usefull with a atribbute that halves the buff and allow you to use skills.

Rune of Resistance is beasutiful… but useless since it scales with SPR.

Justice is a flash of light that hits alot. But not that much.

Destruction is the best rune for those who dont play Cryo/rune.

So for builds I recomend you go always for Cryo caster.

Wiz 1, cryo 3, psy 1, Rune, Pyro 1, Sage / Enchanter
or
Wiz 1, Cryo 3, psy 1, rune, Lock 2 (this one is better for farming silver)

Or go for full Ice like mine

Wiz 3, Cryo 3, Rune, Psy 1.

In the ktest server, all Wizard skills have become usable when under the effects of Giant. The cooldown has also been reduced, so you can have the effects at 100% uptime

All wiz branch? Oor only c3 wiz?

All wiz branch. Look the neighbour topic where giant casts hell breath.

Rune of giant will have Cooldown equal to duration so you will can be a giant 100% uptime and use ALL wizard skills.[quote=“windysama, post:4, topic:348218”]

Rune of Resistance is beasutiful… but useless since it scales with SPR.
[/quote]

Rune of Resistence will have the duration doubled. 100% uptime

will have 2 overheats and holy element. I think that this will be very better then Destruction

Cooldown reduced in 30 seg (60 seg now)
And Rune of ice with cooldown reduced in 40 seg. (140 seg now)

With this changes, RC will be viable for all builds those want high HP and Def without invest in con or have skills based in your HP like Featherfoot. DPS builds can use the 2 damage skills of RC too since now will have more damage and less cooldown. RC maybe can enter in a new meta line of mages.

Hum… that’s a huge buff. At least…
Let’s see what lock 3 and ff 3 brings to us.

New build for Rune caster will be based around warlock with the combination of Mastema + rune of Justice, and Full int Thauma, since you can transpose + rune of giants and right click transpose for high effective HP and still being Full int.

I guess Wiz3 Thauma2 Rc1 Warlock2 would be legit. 100% uptime giants, max justice and destruction for DPS. Rune of Ice is pretty worthless without Kino anyway.

thinking of that i’ll wait to see if lock 3 is worthy.
I have a Wiz 3, Thauma 3, lock 2. All i have to use is magic missile.
Sigh… reset vouchers for the win.

Thanks for the exact info that I need…

Keep discussing guys, some will give good insights w/ the “brainstorm”.

I have other question though, what kind of resistance will Rune of Resistance give? Will it have a chance to negate hard CC, or only up to lv 1 / lv 2 status effect?

1 Like

Level 2 status Effects. Algiz is an underestimated rune.

the bad thing it’s 50% chance and duration depends on level, so you need a high level to actually be “fine” on duration.

Rune of Protection is for Melee Wizard builds and the damage runes for the other, non-melee builds.
I’d go with Rune of Giants 5, Rune of Justice 5 and Rune of Destruction 5 on my Thauma if it had an open slot. Maybe I’ll just postpone Enchanter to Rank 9 and get Rune Caster first, as it seems more reliable currently on that Thauma.
Also, the main attraction of Rune of Giants is the defence and movement speed boost, a giant character has more movement speed boost than a character with level 10 Haste can have [RoG grants +20 movement speed while Haste level 10 only +15; take that Chronos!].

However, it must be a pain to cast the Runes on characters without Wizard C3, since they have cast times of 6 seconds each; gl trying to cast that Rune of Justice inside a mob without Surespell/Quickcast xD

Side note: Just realized how OP the HP gain on a Thauma is from Rune of Giants. If you have around 1k INT (achievable by spending 329 stat points into INT +INT equip [Vienerazis Mace e.g.] +Swell Brain), you can transpose this into 1k CON and grant everyone 60k extra HP when turned into a giant…

Hmm… still deciding what to do with my trash caster…

Currently Wiz > Cryo3 > Linker > RC > ? > ?

FULL CON :sweat: (I was planning on going Thaum 1 for transpose to full int, but don’t have room… so yeah).