Tree of Savior Forum

Rune casters! : destruction v/s justice ¿what does more damage?

my inglish sucks so… ill try to know what is better, rune of justice or rune of destruction. if i think in a simple equation;
rune of destruction = [(Matk4) + (Matk + base damage) + (hidden effect damage)]
rune of justice = [(base damage + Matk)
5 hits]

wath attribute i need max first ?

Destruction damage all the way all the way, also destruction is more reliable since you can decide where it will explode instead of setting up the straight line that is so narrow that by the time you finish casting your team mates probably moved the boss somewhere else.

You are also in need to add magic amplification and elemental property attack to those formulas.

the problem is, i dont know whats is the order of the bonuses aplies. this formulas is a try to deduce the “basic damages” before appli anoter bonus
for example if the attribute bonus of rune of justice its applied before the 5 hits and after oters bonus thats mean justice rune have a better scale of damage

i have de doubt cos my rune of justice are dealing the same damage to single targets but y have 20% more damage on the rune of destruction

rune of justice is , not that good, Because hard to aim but the damage itself isn’t that great.
Rune of destruction is way easier to aim and do WAY more damage because of the echo damage.
Rune of giant is more fun to use if you don’t have it you could think about it the game is also about having fun !!! Rune of ice is nice with a cryo/kino with you (well really situational and not usefull if they go RC themself …)
Rune of protection can be usefull for TBL/GvG mostly.

im asking for single target damage cos i see rune of destruction have a maximun AoE ratio i just test with ice walls

Some testing for you on single target:

Rune of Justice Lv5 30% Attribute
35967 DMG

Rune of Destruction Lv5 30% Attribute
30911 DMG

So Justice actually beats out Destruction single target wise. You also have to consider that Justice is on a 50s recast VS Destruction on a 1:35 recast.

However the moment even a second mob is introduced, Destruction definitely pulls out ahead.

From some quick testing based on my character, the additional magic bounces do an extra 20-21k damage, bumping it to about 50k~ and from my memory, an enemy can receive more than one bounce too which could increase it even more.

So basically, Justice is better against single target & Destruction is better vs more than 1 enemy.

2 Likes

anoter tip, destruction looks like have some max AoE ratio. but justice hasnt and considerate the range of the runes rune of justice have more AoE, i test the runes on icewalls to see the AoE ratio

i dont know if u guys ever played a Rune caster and used Justice…
If ur using a game controller it is not hard to aim with justice - u have to put urself into the right place if u use it but i nearly never miss.
Fact : Justice is a multi hit, hitting the enemy like 5 times - Destruction is a singel hit aoe skill - with the option to spread damage.
If I use destruction i do around 17k with quick cast at lvl 190 (not full int)
if i use justice i do around 6k dmg - 5 times -> 30k.
Justice only has a 50 sec cd - Destruction 95 sec.
So u have to think about the utility of the skill u want to use if u have to decide. If u want mass destruction - go destruction.
If u want burst (boss) dps - go justice.

RC really needs a buff… or more synergy with other classes.
30k dmg is just negligible when your next door r7 warlock can burst 300k with DT every 32 sec x_X

1 Like

The only buff I know of for RC coming up later is the KTOS DMG buff for Destruction according to a ninja patch.

The base damage + the growth rate is getting improved a good chunk: http://puu.sh/o8PVh/60580ab67c.png

Original
1392 Base + 322 per level

New
4264 Base + 896 per level.

That’s Lv5 2680 Base Damage VS LV5 7848 Base Damage, which is a pretty significant increase especially with attributes and such. I’m assuming that this change is going to come after Rank 8 comes out or something, as it hasn’t been implemented yet here in iTOS.

But more importantly, I feel like as Runecaster, I know my burst damage won’t be as good as Warlock’s- for me personally, I just didn’t really like the way Warlock’s aesthetic and spells were. So based on my choice, I try to make it work as much as I can rather than lament over something I don’t have.

Also because I didn’t go Warlock, I’ll definitely be going Sage for the really awesome defensive utility they have with Missile Hole + Blink, plus some decent damage spells. It’s a little bit early to be saying this, but I’d also be very curious to see how Sage develops overall in later R9 and R10.

Probably the major things I would want changed to Rune Caster:

• Make Rune of Ice work with Hail and Frost Cloud, even if it means they have to nerf the damage bonus. Maybe they could make it a toggle-able attribute, where you sacrifice the 300% ice bonus to something like 30-50% MATK instead (like a 2nd Quickcast). That way, the people that still do the Icewall combo still have their niche, but those who go Wiz3 > Ele3 actually have a useful option for a damage buff that also helps out other MATK casters in your party. Obviously the 300% ice version and the MATK version won’t stack to keep it a little less crazy.

• Justice got buffed recently-ish, with increased base damage+growth and better width range on the laser, but they could probably do more. Personally I feel like there should be a toggle-able attribute to consume extra runestones (2-3 maybe) for increased range width wise + damage. Also they should revert it back to Holy damage.

• Destruction is actually really good for AoEing mobs, plus with the buff it got in KTOS, I think it’s fine as it is.

• Honestly, they probably could lower the cast times even more overall- I’d say even down to 3-4 seconds.

With those changes, I think Runecaster would definitely be a bit more attractive as an alternative to the typical Wiz3>Ele3>Warlock build. Certainly Warlock would be pulling more damage numbers, but Runecaster would be offering bigger numbers in different ways.

That’s all just my 2 cents of course, haha.

1 Like

Oh good idea right? It makes me think to turn Skilled casting attribute to somewhat toggle-able attribute with 50% chance to double power of each skills, cosume 4 rune stone when cast?