Tree of Savior Forum

Rune Caster PvE advice

Hello, I already played this game for a month, I tried almost class (only up to lvl92~105ish) ok still early I know xD

and I recently took a liking to looking ppl playing a wizard class! So I find the info and took a liking to this Rune Caster costume :3

So, this is what I’ve come up with, how do you think this build will do on PvE content? and mebbe will do GvG sometimes.

I plan to go int:con mebbe 4:1 or 4:2

wiz > cryo > kino > cryo c2 > kino c2 > RC > kino c3

I have still 5 SP left on cryo tree, and 8 SP left on kino tree. Should I go cryo c3 instead of kino c3? me likey that raise skill, seems usefull? Hahaha…

Only get Kino 1, get Cryo 3 since there are some good utilities and rolling ball i think benefit from RC ice buff, not sure if the IW shards get buffed tho. And for the last i would suggest Wiz 2 for sure spell, but if you will start the class, i would suggest Wiz C3 for quick cast, -50% cast time is a good improvement for the 8 seconds cast time for RC skills.

As for stats, put CON up to 80 i think, it should give you good survivability, then the rest in INT.

Mine is a bit different, i only took Cryo C2 and Wiz C2, my last Rank is FF, but until i reach there i may change my mind.

thanks for advice! oh FF sounds like a good idea too! hmm hmm

what do you think of this one?

still have 3 SP left on kino tree…should I put it on swap?

I’m making Rune Caster too. xD
With your path choice in PvE:

• Gravity pole: pull mobs & deal (decent) damage.
  • Raise: hold mobs (and make them as fly-monsters).
  • PP: deal (decent) damage (small) AoE (reliable with stun).
  • Magnetic Force: mini/tiny black hole.
  • Ice wall + PP combo (beward the interuption): your main BURST dame.
  • Acceptable Subzero shield (duration).
    Compare to Cryo3/Psycho2:
  • Frost pillar: bigger black hole (& frozen chance). Keep in mind that mobs can attack you when they are NOT frozen.
  • Snow Rolling: CC control and a little bit damage. Take time to charge.
  • Subzero shield: use Ice Rod/Audra you will have 2/0s cd on this shield.

I prefer Psycho3 to Cryo3 on PvE content:

• Gravity pole give you “completely” disable & decent damage (10s). Raise disable mobs completely too.
  • Maxed PP is secondary-skill deal damage.

With Cryo3, you no need to afraid of interuption. :grin:

This is my build, since Swap don’t change the distance, only the number of targets, i decided to keep as 1 just for some utility purpose.

is ice wall + PP still a decent combo, or is it weak now.

also interested in runecaster, but the 90-180cd and 8sec casttime on almost the skills scare the crap out of me

The combo is still a nice filler but it is far from strong…

You also need blessing and a +dmg offhand to even see any damage numbers. Your tiles only last for 10 hits, no matter the IW level.

Not a useless combo but FAR weaker than the videos on youtube suggest.

can u give us the link? :smiley:

should I take one pyro? lol

No, Pyro’s a bad choice for an RC build.

This is wrong. Each block can withstand [2 * skill level] hits.

Ice Wall - PP is still pretty strong against bosses. The reason why people often see it not do a lot of damage is because a lot of people are running full/high CON, but the combo is extremely dependent on magic attack.

I pretty much went with this build, it’s a solid PVE/PVP/GVG build, kino gives a solid CC with gravity pole and stunlock of psychic pressue, and magnetic is 1 point wonder on how easy it makes gathering enemies, and raise + swap is pretty OP as well. Wiz 2 is there for sure spell.

In PVE it pretty much takes away 75% bosses hp in Siauliai with the ice wall + psychic pressure combo. Just make sure you have an audra plus humming bird gem for a lvl 8 ice wall.

does rune of ice buff ice shard damage as well?

yep /20charlimitsssssss