Tree of Savior Forum

Rule against off-topic images or feature to block users

Usually I don’t ever block people on forums and respect their opinions, but I’m slowly getting sick of people spamming memes/MRW gifs in EVERY SINGLE THREAD. Some users(you know who you are) only ever post gifs and no real content or anything related with the thread at all. We have Reddit for this kind of rubbish. Here however I want to read about the game.

My proposal is to forbid posts containing images/gifs unrelated to the game, except for the off-topic category of course. This rule will greatly increase the quality of posts and force people to explain their opinion in proper words and not silly gifs.

Should this fail, please give us the ability to block individual forum users. I’m pretty sure this already exists within the forum software, so you only have to enable it.

Let’s make this a better place!

Thanks for reading. :smile:

8 Likes

If you don’t think that a post is relevant to a discussion, just flag it. But if you know who are posting those gifs, why don’t you just mute 'em? you can do that from your account preferences :smile:

1 Like

3 Likes

Putting aside the urgent desire to post some GIFs right away… I do think that the level of moderation you are requesting would be a bit too much.

As @Grillo already suggested you can just mute those evil giffers/memers and enjoy the forum again though you may miss some brilliant comments from them. And those GIFs are just so hilarious…

Join the Dark Side of the Meme.

1 Like

2 Likes
1 Like

I agree with you @Jasdemi but you can just ignore those silly gifs :smiley_cat:

No.

1 Like

they’re more like. reaction pictures
holding the poster’s inner emotions. they cannot be helped u_u

Couldn’t hold it!

RUN!

1 Like

I agree with the OP as well… Looking at the thread itself already half of them are gif replies. I think yeah maybe banning posts like these may be too extreme, but I wouldn’t mind having it improved like, have a limit of texts in the message not including images or whatever. Gif + text posts would be more in between each party, but i guess it really boils down to the community itself, if most of them are like these then why bother. It just says that the community we want might not be for the best for the general.

1 Like