Tree of Savior Forum

Rogue, Sneak Hit bugged?

Hi, returning player here, have always played rogue, I just feel how weiredly low my crit chance right now, basicly no crit on mobs and boss past lvl 420.

I was runing 400 dung today and did some test with sneak hit, only one crit for the entire boss fight.

Sneak Hit should give you 50% crit chance when attaking monsters from behind, is it bugged or something? I was using back stab to the boss from behind, which is another 80% crit chance, still no crit.

Can anyone explain whats happening to crit system right now?

The rules for crit fit into 3 distinct groups:
+crit rate effects: increase your crit rate stat, which shows in the status tab (goes into the crit rate/crit resistance formula)
+crit chance effects: increase the final probability of criticals, past the crit rate/crit resistance formula (e.g. if your crit rate allows u to have 10% after resistance, 20% crit chance will boost that from 10% to 12%, a relative 20% increase)
+minimum crit chance effects: adds a second-roll on criticals, like “if your hit was not a crit, grants X% chance of applying crit”

In this case, sneaky hit works as the second case, so it only increases the final critical chance. If you have low crit chance without sneaky hit, it would only increase a very low amount (e.g. if you have 2% without it, you will have 2 x 1.5 = 3% with it). If you have 0 crit chance without it, it would not increase anything (0 x 1.5 = 0%).

ohh thats how it works, thanks, i thought it was bugged or something

Also, i just want to add, Episode 12 mobs have very high crit resist, you need at least like 1600+ crit rate to have a “decent” chance to crit in the new content, so yeah, dont be surprised if you go an entire boss fight without landing any crits ;A;