Tree of Savior Forum

RMT "demand and supply" thoughts

The only way to make trade system unusable for “gold sellers” is to have no trade system at all.

I mean, there always will be the way to sell something to someone for $$. No matter how painful you will make your game for fair players, unfair dudes will always find their way. Because there alway will be the demand for buying ingame stuff with real money. So, any restrictions are a completely wrong direction. I mean, you literally can’t make anything good by just forbidding some parts of it.

To overcome RMT problem devs should look in a completely different direction. Thay should meet the demand instead of killing trading. And there are two things to do:

1. Give people the legal way to invest into game
  2. Make people fear to invest illegally.

First means completely free market with ability to sell premium stuff.
Second means thought-out eula, and bans for buying stuff illegally and for any connections with known bots / gold sellers.

So, Devs should meet the demand by themselves. That’s all. Restrictions will not kill the demand. Actually, restrictions are only making it stronger. Since I have no option to have some help from my friend, I might start looking for some help elsewhere… Since I have no option to sell my stuff freely to make some money, I might try to find some other way to get rich… You see? Restrictions are only warming the demand for illegal stuff. Restrictions doesn’t reduce the demand, but killing the legal supply. And artificially short legal supply with naturally strong demand, is the exact situation where crime is blooming.

P.S.: Sorry for my english. Looks like all the text above should be translated from my english to common english ) But I hope you can still catch the idea…

Yea they still haven’t figured that out. Seem they are a little slow on learning this but they will come around, i hope.