Tree of Savior Forum

[REWORK] Safety Zone

Yeah I know lol. I had around 6 Fire Balls out at a time when grinding because the CD was 15 seconds with 2 casts and they lasted around 60 seconds each. Too bad the mobs made my Fire go bye bye.

The block times seems big but duration are fix at 20 sec with 48 sec cool down.
(Lv1 defense 2 times, Lv5 defense 10 times / Lv15 defense 30 times all with in 20 second only)
This skill purposely to use for party play as for all other member can also activate skill by stand on it.

As for cleric 3 with max lv15 30 times block. Youā€™ll be fully lack of damage skill because attack skill canā€™t use on flying monster and too few skill to use when all skill end up cool down (compare to krivis build or monk). I have try cleric 3 (str and switch to int later at high lv since normal attack is very very weak even with lot of str) > sadhu > pardoner > oracle. And SZ never ever stay up till boss die when I was in rank 3+ . When it end I still got a big damage from boss attack and can still die after get knock out from my SZ especially if that boss can plant bomb around or attack on me right away while I laying on ground after knock back. Killing boss for me is very slow even at high lv. Not to mention about solo monster which is also same slow.

Later on almost all boss can do knock back. Thereā€™s no way SZ from cleric rank 1 who not go with circle 2, or 3 will be stronger than rank 5 and 6 Monk spell. Yes it can help you survive for a while but it never ever make you able to stay in SZ the whole fight till boss die at high lv due to the big hp it have. You can still get damage or die from boss attack while SZ still on cool down. If anyone can avoid those damage while SZ on cool down? Then look what theyā€™re doing to avoid all of those boss attack.

However, If nerf happen Iā€™d prefer it to be reduce xx% damage instead of full immunity to all damage.

1 Like

If they do this they will have to change the way Sadhu works, so a hit dosent knock you out of OOB, or itā€™s a massive Sadhu nerf.

And suddenly, you get pushed back and the bossā€™s AI decides to sit on top of the safety zone. Now you cant do any dps,

2 Likes

Currently boss wonā€™t take any effect from SZ.

If thereā€™s a change. I donā€™t think itā€™ll be good If change it to be like thatā€¦ orz

I mean they stop you from being inside the sz lol. Thats enough counterplay(knocking you out+stopping you from re entering the safety zone).

If cleric who use SZ have attribute to increase range buff will still work even boss stand on it
(If donā€™t have range attribute maybe not work since panel will be smaller and we canā€™t walk pass boss)

I think itā€™s a good idea though if IMC gonna change it like what you said. But when boss stand on it we should still be able to attack it too. Just donā€™t make boss have full immu buff by SZ buff. Iā€™m gonna laugh hard if that happen :joy:

Pneuma ? hmmm hmmm. definitely that.

loooool that would be hilarious if the bosses would be able to use your field.

Why is that?
Also, theoretically speaking, what would you think if they reduced the hit-count of the spell instead? Would that affect you strongly later on?
Since everyone says how bosses counter SZ by knocking you out of it. So itā€™s not that later bosses suddenly manage to reach the hit-count of SZ but rather that they just avoid it altogether, unless several people use the zone and all of them use up the hit-count by letting themselves get hit, right?

For me Iā€™m fine as it is right now. But I thought people think itā€™s op because SZ can immu to all damage so I think if make it as reduce damage maybe itā€™ll be better? One thing I can confirm isā€¦ it will never be able to put up till end of solo boss fight for anyone who play up to cleric 3 or priest 3 (and possible to some higher rank job). They can still get damage after SZ end.

(Armor was red cos I died before start record lol
Not all boss doing that freakin push back all the time like that one though :scream: )

As hit count I think itā€™s fair use if use with party since count should be share to all member in party.
(ex. 5 members = 5 counts = 1 hit if it hit all 5 persons who stand in SZ. I havnt test yet but I think thatā€™s how it suppose to work?)

Since everyone says how bosses counter SZ by knocking you out of it. So itā€™s not that later bosses suddenly manage to reach the hit-count of SZ but rather that they just avoid it altogether, unless several people use the zone and all of them use up the hit-count by letting themselves get hit, right?

Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m confuse @_@

1 Like

dat Toy Hammer.

Yea I think the hit-count is supposed to be a pool for every party member that stands on it to draw out of. Iā€™ll formulate what I was hinting at in my last paragraph into a question: Do you feel later on SZ ever runs out by getting hit too often by a boss? Or is it always the duration that ends the spell?

So if they were going to nerf it, you would rather have it stay useful against all kinds of damage and be okay with reduced protection instead of changing it to make you immune against only specific attacks (i.e. physical/magical)?

I think as for boss fight. It usually run out by duration end (20 sec) cause boss will keep using knocking attack like clip above. Boss also attack slow so itā€™s rarely reach the cap of 10 times or 30 times. (Some boss not frequently knock back but they still do it)

As for normal field fight. Example with level up by use oracle CoD party group. My cleric 3 was in this grind group at prison 5th floor before and usually put up SZ after CoD summon (lv.15 summon 31 monsters). SZ will gone before we can kill all monsters (used all SZ 30 hit before 20 sec duration).

Only thing thatā€™d seem to make it OP is when rank up to some job that can killing fast. If combine with SZ they might have no problem to solo thing at all. Because they can do a lot of damage = less time to fight boss = less need of SZ ex. can use just 2 cast for whole fight. But as for cleric 3 , priest 3 (and possible pardoner/oracle) fight will took longer and SZ wonā€™t stay till end of fight. It does help survive but not to the point that can keep them out of damage for the whole time.

So if they were going to nerf it, you would rather have it stay useful against all kinds of damage and be okay with reduced protection instead of changing it to make you immune against only specific attacks (i.e. physical/magical)?

Iā€™d prefer it to useful against all kinds of damage. Since boss can do attack both phy and magical? And sometime field mob we gather to killing or from CoD are mix with both phy/magic depend on what map it is. I have no idea about pvp though. No one doing it anymore.

1 Like

Thank you for all the detailed first-hand information btw.
I think that covered everything of importance regarding the skill (aside from PvP but nobody cares about that atm xd).

1 Like

If I understand you correct, thatā€™s also pretty much how Cure works ^.^ The skill has a set number of hits and all things on the tile draw from that pool.
http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/Talk:Cure

^Thats also something I really liked about that skill. It makes you think, ā€œhow fast are these monsters going to soak up this tile?ā€ Too many and they just burn through it and keep coming! Having to consider the load you were putting on the tile made the skill feel dynamic and interesting. I was very happy with how Cure worked. Good job IMC =P

And if SZ works the same way, thats cool.

Oh that golem boss(it is golem right?).
I hate that boss the most. I 1st met it at lvl 58 in story quest (or might be sub quest)
at that time it keep summon adds all the time
knockback laser and knockdown punch is very annoying
it also has fk large AOE and 1 shot ground slam (purple aura) and that trap pilla.
really hate it.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œFatePGN, post:17, topic:38156ā€]
Why look at safety zone and consider it OP when a psychokino can still just kill bosses with psychic pressure and have 0 int as well as stun the boss
[/quote]Stun from his Attribute works on bosses?? Regrets from going Thauma intensifies! (Damn you pretty clothes!)

On launch I will stick to my Psycho 3. >___<

threatened muchā€¦ haha

Donā€™t give into the class of the month flavor. Stick with your favorite class and it will be glorious!!! Pyromancers4Lyfe

B-but I always thought of making Psycho 3 (you can see that by my avatar and name, if you know the anime called Shin Sekai Yoriā€¦). @_@ā€™

I just decided to go for Thauma on CBT to test and see if it would be worth dropping Psy 2. Which even before Fateā€™s post, more likely as soon as I got the skills of Thauma 100 levels ago, I regreted my choice. lol

1 Like