Tree of Savior Forum

Rework for alche class. just do it!

I’m sure that the alche class of this game its the most disapointed on every mmorpg, soon the alchemyst will be an afk shop class and their skills to combar will be forget due the useless than they are. like the disposable and useless homunculus

in the lore of alchemyst on every mmorpg the alche have:
.- poisons
.- chimeras
.-homunculus (nice homunculus)
.- bombs
.- pots
.-botanic skills
.- chemycal skills (acid and fire)
.-transmutation skills

but us alche class only have a kind of magic missile an (useless) explotion) and some merchant buffs. your take the alche from ragnarock and turn into the alche from skyrim (a seller) :tired:

so please rework this class at once and may be give them one of that kind of classic skills:

.- change the missile to a kind of bomb (strike damage)
.- make a kind of chimera using 2 boss cards (plant+beast)
.- make an usefull homunculus (and if its needs a kind of quest/materials make it unexpendable)
.- at least make it a kind of off-healer with pots buffs. (cd potion reduction or more % effectiveness)

the actual and the incoming kind of alchemist its a insult from the classic RO alche. so please just do it, rework the class
:sad:

2 Likes

2 years later and people still want classes to be as the Ragnarok one. Move on, buddy haha

PS.: Alchemist deserves a rework, like for yesterday. But it is a seller class on this game, after all.

1 Like

Like you said Alchemist have as much use as the Blacksmith NPC and even that got extra stuff that makes it more useful D:

We leave on a world were Energy Bolt a rank 1 Circle 1 skill looks cooler, bigger and faster than a Rank 8 C3 skill that is small lame and needs charging… (DMG is good) but when I read Alchemistic MISSILE, I imagine the a skill that could go through multiple enemies like Magic MISSILE…

but instead all I got was Energy Bolt level 20 :triumph:

Homunculus is amazing and I love it, but imagine my :rage: wrath when I found out that after farming and putting my blood sweat and tears into it… the :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: thing expires… WTF WHY :nauseated_face:

@fabricio_polo is not about been a seller, is about giving Alchemist more choices…

cause I would totally let it be a seller… hell RO was seller central where towns would be 99% shops…

but this game only let you set 1 offline shop and has like 10+ possible shops in it >.>

when there are better shop classes… no one will pick alchemist for it in the end…

the rework needs to make alchemist more attractive to players

2 Likes

i dont care the RO alchemist I take it like an example just because its the “same” company who made it. and i remember the first shortcut from this game when they hanging on some class/skills from some class to bait the players (like the claymore trap from zapper as the hunter claymor trap)

but even the WoW alchemist its more usefull than us class and its just a secondary profession

For some reason when i think Alchemist as a game class - i’m thinking potions, lots of them, and Ragnarok-esque ability to throw them at allies/enemies for greater effect and/or duration.

I think it’s a class you make till C3, then leave it there forever. It’s only purpose is to make potions and awaken stuff.

lol it is not the same company. People said that “ToS is the spiritual successor of Ragnarok” because the creator is the same original RO creator (that, if I’m not mistaken, left Ragnarok project even before the transcended classes episode) and, when it was first released, it was sprite-like, on a similar way to ragnarok.

Anyways, ToS is completely different than Ragnarok (classes concepts are way better). There are classes that deserves reworks (like Alchemist, Hunter, Scout, Sadhu and Matador in my opinion), but this doesn’t mean that it has to follow RO only.

What is funny to me is that every now and then there is someone that come up with a rework request/idea, that end up comparing TOS with RO and saying that the class concept can only be right (or should be right) if follows RO concept, as if Ragnarok Online dictates how classes should work for every single other game.

I wish RO2 followed this logic, as it was clearly supposed to be the sequel to that old mmorpg. TOS has to be different, otherwise what is the purpose.

PS.: I still think that Alchemist deserves more care, I just think that copying another game is terrible. Maybe fixing the damage skill to be more usable and removing the Homunculus expiration, plus the new Awakening Shop, will be ok-ish

1 Like

I still want them to be able to use cannons… XD …and make cannon balls/bombs/rockets for it… some of them could be also used by Cannoneers…

Alchemist is rly plain I hate Alchemistic missile too…could look better with a cannon involved too xDDD

I also don’t know btw why in most games developers don’t make crafting classes just be able to use their own stuff better than others. Like alchemists could have attributes for potions like +effect +duration and stuff like that… Pardoners could have attributes for their scrolls… maybe something like 50% chance to not use up the scroll when u use it etc…

Oh and I’m also angry about awakening… they should have just make the dungeon more fun and let us awake more things at once… What is awakening in it anymore? I don’t like that they killed their own concept…

If crafting classes are only for crafting then they should have let us pick them as secondary professions…life jobs whatever we call it…

1 Like

3 ranks to only make pots and have a barely usefull enchant on your weapon think that against miko who gives “dispellers” and improve the entire cleric tree damage with only 1 (hidden) rank

i made that comparasion just because im sure that almost the half lf players knows some about RO ¿what I get if I compare this whit others alchemist mechanics in example like Skyrim like as I said? every body knows how was the alchemist on that game ?
instead RO alche was almost the same way than the ToS alche with a build of Pot seller and with some combat skills but its become too way the seller and never has some nice buff to the damage kind. and like I say this kind of alchemist its the most useless of every MMORPG and I know a lot of them

Sadly we cant use cannon cause of current alchemist family rules :frowning:

That’s why the bullet marker had to stop been a winterspoon so he could focus on guns…

If they allow cannons it would be a contradiction to the plot… or a different class in the future…

or plot evolution…

aw…I don’t know too much about that… There is so so much filler stuff in this game btw that I easily got bored of the plot and I don’t even care about it anymore…maybe there is some good stuff too idk but I had enough with the boring parts… XD

well yeah it could be “fixed” in a way tho… I definitely could find a way if I wanted to XD… If master classes wouldn’t be in the far far distant future…that could easily change the plot for it already.

maybe thats why the alche class its too useless. because the entire game its based on a kind of “holy” stuff and “divine approval”
the godness don’t ike the trap guy (alche master) and make potions to cure people from the diseases that the goddess send us it’s a blasphemy
instead some kind of “evil” class are one of the most powerfull of the game like summoner, necromancer or warlock
maybe thats why the pags are alchemyst, renegades alchemist out of all law :heeey::heeey::heeey:

Giltine Seal of approval

1 Like

they are more on the Plague doctor side than alchemist though…

Because it’s what developers said first before the CBT. They clearly said it was the RO successor.

The class system is indeed completely different, but there are many similarities with RO on the gameplay side.

The thing with RO alchemist is…
not to say its OP, but it had a very wide range of capabilities.
Healing, DPS, Selling profitable stuff - name it.

Throwing pots can match priest heals, and can even restore mana/sp.
DPS is mainly through Acid Bomb, which kills both (most… since there bosses with elemental propoerty that completely negates damage from it) boss monsters and players (in a PvP scenario) with ease.
The homunculus system provides very good support/dps, very versatile and a lot of possible combinations to try (Homunculus S)
The potency of RO alchemist’s potions is also better than what we have on TOS. iirc, there’s a ranking and the ones on top has better efficacy. (correct me if i am wrong)

I guess many people kinda expected something similar here. I couldn’t blame them though, we have to admit that TOS Alchemist is really lackluster, even with alchemists of other games.

I would’ve wanted at least a revamp on the potions section (making them more potent or something) and the homunculus too.

2 Likes

I think Alchemist rework is on its way, judging by the removal of skills like ‘Item Awakening’ and ‘Briquetting’ it is very much likely they will do “some” changes to the class, and hope it will worth it. They should increase the life span of a homunculi for sure, 7 days is just outrageous. Takes more than 7 days to get the materials needed to get one homunculi.

Potions are needed to rework too. In my view…

• Block potion has +% to block, effect% increase with potion’s lv. Current 260 block at LV15 potion is too op since block is related to CON, and with 300 CON(Char LV 360) you just has ~300 block(if you is a Swordman without shield).
  • Critical Damage potion has +% to CriDam, effect% increase with potion’s lv. Similar to Block, Critical Damage is related to DEX.
  • Magic Amplificaiotn potion has +% to MagAmp based on Magic Attack(since MagAmp doesn’t relate to any stat), effect% increase with potion’s lv. *** I also need someone to clarify what MagAmp acutually does. ***
  • Attack Booster has +% to both Physical/Secondary Physical Attack(originally to Weapon Attack), effect% increase with potion’s lv. Since it is togglable and consumed 1 ea every hit, just make any true multi-hit skills consume it too. *** Please note that 8 sec CD on https://tos.neet.tv/items/641336 is wrong, it has no CD at all. ***
  • Condensed SP Boost Potion has +% to maximum SP and recover %SP every 10 sec(can work with combat stance), effect% increase with potion’s lv. Either increase effect duration or decrease CD to make it can be use continuously(I prefer the first which effect duration is 3 min).
  • Condensed Protection Potion has +% to maximum HP and recover %HP every 10 sec(can work with combat stance, remove increases physical and magic defense effect), effect% increase with potion’s lv. Either increase effect duration or decrease CD to make it can be use continuously(I prefer the first which effect duration is 3 min). Also should be renamed to Condensed HP Boost Potion. And since we have Squire to buff our armors so Protection Potion should increase elemental resistance instead…

That’re all my ideas.
PS Sorry in any engrish