Tree of Savior Forum

Reversi - Checklist

What if group of Pyro/Thaums chain-Reversi own flame grounds and pillars?

Or an Wiz3-Ele3 + 4 Wiz3 Thaum 3 (fully swelled) circle-jerking frost cloud?

I think you should also make a list of spells that were suspected to be flippable but arenā€™t.

Afaik it only works for the person flipping it.

Say, if Thaum 1 Flips Flame ground, it applies his damage.

Thaum number 2 then flips flame ground, and the damage is overwritten, now counting Thaum 2ā€™s damage instead.

^ā€“Iā€™ve only managed to pull that off once, youā€™d be surprised how few thaums there are running about.

ā€¦and how many more actually use reversi properly.

@tampon
Suspected though, thats the hard one. But Iā€™ll definitely make a list in the future.

But what if it snapshots damage at the moment of flip and then applies Thaumā€™s stats?

1 Like

@nizidr
That, I must be honest, I do not know.

Tbh all I need is a pyro + another thaum to test it out. Cuz if you can flipflop damage and it just completely snowballs out of control itā€™d be crazy. Though the next problem is this - world boss hunts are going to be thaum vs thaum vs thaum lol since the person who flips the spell gets the credit xD

But yeah Iā€™m willing to put it to the test. Just need some help.

(Or if anyoneā€™s willing to do it since I cant get in game and I have to redl the whole thing now)

Easiest is to get a pyro with flame ground, just make him cast it, thaum 1 flips (full buff, dont pt), watch the dmg, then thaum 2 flips it. This is cuz Flame Groundā€™s damage doesnt have a min/max (doesnt fluctuate, not talking about resistances) so its easier to see if thereā€™s a damage increase.

-Important note, if one thaum does not have Quickcast 50% the other thaum shouldnt use the quickcast also. Assuming the damage increases regardless, youā€™d know quickcast will proc properly.

Major Edit:

Just thought of something, if say, Reversi works completely by taking a snapshot of the ā€˜current appliedā€™ damage, itā€™d scale with your own Reversi, since we can do it 3 times.

Though, the counterargument is that itā€™ll only work if thereā€™s another player, so maybe a test is the only way to know for sure.

To get credit you still have to be in top5 dps. Reversi has overheat 3 and a rather long cooldown so i doubt anything of that sort will happen.

But, thauma can still deny some DPS of the competing party(-ies) while his own group works on DPS.

[quote=ā€œMonkeyMoniker, post:25, topic:281150ā€]
Just thought of something, if say, Reversi works completely by taking a snapshot of the ā€˜current appliedā€™ damage, itā€™d scale with your own Reversi, since we can do it 3 times.
[/quote]I doubt you can flip own circles.

Ah, wording, my bad. I meant that if you flipped someone elseā€™s AoE, and it works by snapshot, flipping it again should increase the damage, but it doesnt.

But of course - it is already yours.

Ah yes, but using it again actually flips the spell again (indicated by the animation). Of course it could just be the animation playing and not saying much more than ā€œhey you casted the spell again im just gonna play the animationā€.

But seeing as how the game has quite a few hidden interactions, who knows? Iā€™ll find the time to test it for real however and get back to this post : D

Well there are already much more interesting ones on the listā€¦and I donā€™t have thaum yet or any thaum friend but monsters flipped my Monstrance and that is quite an obvious ground based tile. It also got a beautiful purpleish color. :smiley:

Looking at the list and seeing things that I would have never thought could be flippedā€¦ Iā€™m almost sure Exorcise and Magnus should be flippableā€¦ but those wouldnā€™t be too interesting either anywayā€¦ X)

So I was thinking about skillsā€¦and Counter Spell came to my mindā€¦ it would be quite good counter-counter spell XD unless it wouldnā€™t let you use your own magic either. So if you could test that Iā€™m curious about it. :slight_smile:

Also because of Stop and Raiseā€¦ Pandemic came to my mindā€¦ I dunno if you would have enough time for thatā€¦but anyway at the end I realised because of Bloodletting and other factors it wouldnā€™t have effect anyway. XD

I wonder, what about Cryomancer3 Ice Pillar

I wouldnt mind testing it for people if they want to, haha but Iā€™d need them online at the same time (not to mention on the same server)

@raydensorc
Havent had a chance to test it out sadly. I know I can flip firewalls but thatā€™s about it.

Edit:
^ā€”Im talking about ICE WALL here, just to clarify.

Cuz you said Ice Pillar. Thereā€™s Ice Wall and Frost Pillar, both do different things. xD

But yeah you said Cryo 3 so Im assuming itā€™s Frost Pillar (the tree)
If thatā€™s the case - no, it cant be flipped. Sorry for the confusion!

I think sleep and slow are reversible too because they are ground spells and dont end immideately (stay on ground for a while).

Slow is confirmed but apparently I forgot to add it to the list! Thanks!

Sleep cant be flipped. For some reason itā€™s not considered a magic circle (Tested)

Didnt you say

:open_mouth: or did you mean Ice Wall for one of them?

Yeah I meant ice wa-

ā€¦Wait he mixed Frost Pillar and Ice Wall.

LOL

Ill edit my post thanks for telling me xD

Edit:

Just to clarify

Ice Wall - Can probably be flipped -need a cryo to 100% confirm- since I can flip Firewall

Frost Pillar - Can -NOT- be flipped.

Magic arrow from fletchers

http://i.4cdn.org/c/1464477099483.gif

Yep. Thatā€™s about right : 3

IT FEELS SO GOOD WHEN PEOPLE STACK MULTIPLE MAGIC CIRCLES YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

no confirmation on frost cloud yet?