Tree of Savior Forum

Returning to Tree of Cleric

Hello everyone. I quit TOS something around a year ago to bide my time for Maple Story 2. Now that it’s out and turns out to be a disappointment (for now anyway), I’m going back to Tree of Cleric. Let’s not sugarcoat things here. I know the battle system and formula has been revamped and all, but in an ARPG where the support character is allowed to tank and deal damage, it tends to be the most powerful option available.

At any rate, I’ve come across the skill simulator and found a few fun builds to try. These builds caught my eyes because either the skill/stat revamp or the presence of the 10th circle made it look viable. I’ll be making a new account for these four builds, so any advice regarding actual viability or stat allocation would be highly appreciated.

The Templar (Diev-Pala-Druid):
It doesn’t have the new and shiny classes, but between Safety Zone, Sterea Trofh, and Laima, this holy man isn’t going to let you die even if you want to, and that’s without even mentioning anything in the Paladin arsenal. Contains a fair portion of holy smites. Stat is lots of CON and a little STR/DEX?

The Ascetic (Priest-Monk-Zeal):
It’s your run-of-the mill Double Punching Fanatic, but it’ll spend it’s first 4 circles whacking evil with (literally) blessed hammers. I guess this is a pretty safe bet, though I can’t figure out how to distribute the skill points. Do I just stack Blessing+Blind Faith+Fanaticism and whack away? Stat is lots of STR and a little SPR/DEX?

The Kannushi (Kriv-Miko-Taoist):
Yet another run-of-the mill build. Yes, yes, Kriv-Sadhu-Exo and all, but I just can’t help being more of a Taoist guy. There’s something… well… charming, about paper charms. Anyway, I still don’t understand Aukuras’ Fire God Mode. Skills should be Sweep the ground and pop a Storm Calling, Hamaya when off rotation. Do I need Daino? Stat is lots of INT and a little SPR/CON?

The Mad Scientist (Bokor-Oracle-PD)
It’s based on the Zombie Doctor build I saw long ago, bless the author. It’s a cool concept and I like the flavor. Oracle is there for Death Sentence, making things extra Incinerate-y. Also I’d like to imagine my character screaming “My diagnosis? You’re finished!” when applying Death Sentence. I guess I need to take Hexing for Incinerate, but I like my zombie party so I’m not sure how to balance that. Stat is lots of SPR and a little INT/CON?

From the looks of it , tosbase builds ?

Only the priest monk zeal looks optimal compared to the rest. I’m not saying the others can’t work, just not optimal.

You can also go Kriv 3 for for the monk-zealot.
Stats for this build should always aim for 390 min. Dex with monstrance ( best dex:atk speed scaling ). Rest SPR .

Kriv-miko-tao

Taoist have generally Long CDs and skills are linear directional. It’s more of an offensive support for melee parties

Oh yeah I forgot Kriv can give Zalciai to Zealot now. I still think they’re only good for Zaibas from time to time. Also, if Zaibas got activated by Storm Calling attribute, would it go on cooldown?

For the rest, yeah I guess the Mad Scientist can gain a bit more from a circle of Priest or any of the rank 8 classes, buuuut they’re PD you know. Can’t go wrong with PD. The Kannushi I guess would flail around when their skills are on cooldown, but I think Creeping Charm and Judgement can nuke just fine to fill the rotation. My personal favorite has got to be the Crusader though. While I do agree that killing the enemy faster is the best way to mitigate damage, I just find it a cool concept for my party members to literally face tank absolutely everything.

Nope , it’s a built in zaibas from storm calling. No implications of CD from your krivis’ zaibas.

As for the crusader / Templar build . It provides very strong damage mitigation but suffers in the healing aspects ( compared to kabbal 3)
I would prolly go CON/SPR. Since barrier mdef buff scales to SPR

I see, so CON and SPR for the Templar. Can I afford to take a little DEX to hit things reliably or is this build fated to only tank hits forever? (Not that I mind doing so)

Also I just remembered that Chaplain just got more OP with Kriv3-Chap-Inq1-Zeal1. How does that compare to my Priest3-Monk3-Zeal3 and the previous meta Cleric2-Chap-Kabba2-Inq2 (a.k.a. wheels for days)? Would Cleric2-Chap-Kabba2-Zeal2 be better considering the Ein Sof fueled Blind Faith and the additional hit from Merkabah?

Tank: Diev-Pala-Druid (CON/SPR/DEX)
Physical: Priest-Monk-Zealot (STR/SPR/DEX)
Magical: Krivis-Miko-Taoist (INT/SPR/CON)
Summoner: Bokor-Oracle-PD (SPR/INT/CON)
Support (AA): Chap-Kabba-Inq (DEX/SPR/CON)

Please pardon my obsession. I just feel fuzzy inside when each class fits a combination without repeats. The fact that each one has a different primary stat gives me further gratification. I haven’t found a place for Pardoner, Sadhu, and Exorcist but Sadhu and Exo are interchangable with Miko and Taoist on my build I guess.