Tree of Savior Forum

Returning player looking for some advice

Hi guys,

Recently i’ve returned to ToS and i come back to this huge re:build update, bad timing or good timing not sure yet.
Anyway i’ve been looking into how those new class builds work and stuff but i don’t really know where to start.

I am a wizard/elementalist and now picked as third onmyoji but dont know if this is wise since those skills all take alot of time to cast (i know they wont be interupted anymore). I could go Rod/shield for the cast reduction attribute but is it worth it?

Now what i’m looking for is just some advice, something to point me to the right direction. I don’t neccesarely need complete builds unless it’s for constructive feedback.

What i always liked are the aoe skills and later on wanted to specialize into something awesome but never got to endgame unfortunately.

Anyway have a nice day :wink:

People usually go either elementalist or onmyoji, but if you like having almost too many spells at your disposal that’s also fine. Both classes together works as well thanks to elemental essence.

Your last class choice can / should be support oriented:

Chrono for 90% cast reduction with quickcast, auto-revive via reincarnate, cooldown reduction via pass and backmaksing to reset magic circle durations.

Runecaster for knockdown and knockback immunity via RoP, 50% mdef bypass via RoD and Quickcast attribute.

You can also go pyro, tao or cryo to further take advantage of elemental essence. Alchemist and Featherfoot are also options for self heals and sp replenishment.

People usually go either elementalist or onmyoji, but if you like having almost too many spells at your disposal that’s also fine. Both classes together works as well thanks to elemental essence.

I can see one of the two is indeed good enough with elementalist getting a bit of an edge with ‘Elemental essence’.
That said i am thinking of leaving onmyoji and perhaps change it into something else perhaps tao for the lightning synergy? Not sure if it’s good yet gonna have to test that out.

Your last class choice can / should be support oriented:

Thinking about how i’m gonna play later on with party’s i totally agree the last one should be support based. I am now thinking about alchemist or chronomancer, i like the alchemist skills more also i can earn some extra money with gem roasting or awakening but i feel chronomancer may be more asked for in parties?

Also what do you see most players opt for as for weapon choice? Rod/shield or staff