Tree of Savior Forum

Returning player here. So many question

Back from 3 years break (If anyone remember MamyPokoPants from Telsiai yeah its me). And Im clueless sheep now. Apparently things aren’t the same anymore, especially the build part. My deep understanding of every aspect of this game 3 years ago is now an ancient knowledge.

I have so many questions regarding focused build, but keep in mind I am PVE oriented, party player; and have zero interest towards PVP. Please answer any or better yet, all.

1. PD was self sufficient, OP build back then. Capable of doing just about everything. Its still good now? running around spreading virus.

2. Wugushi sapper was also good all rounder. Still same?

3. Doppel’s Punish. Still good? That controller shake while oneshotting bunch of must powerful mobs was so satisfying.

4. Full tank pelta build is still a thing nowadays?

5. Murmillo still good for bossing?

6. Quarrel shooter is still garbage no one ever use?

7. Cryokino tree and ice wall machinegun still a thing? anything changed?

8. How about elelock? still played the same?

I have 30 lvl 330 chars to continue growing. I could use some cues on variety of good current build.

1. Is there any good suggestions on full support cleric now? preferably one that involve dievs or miko.

2. Any good swordsman build that doesnt require me to mash 21893717823 buttons chain of skills? Yeah barb>doppel is great. But im using controller, I don’t have that much buttons.

I still have so many questions… uhh… but lets stop at 10 for now.

Well sorry for bad english here, but i will tell you what i know.

1.I was PD main (330lv cap time) too. it still a good job, but not prefer as PVE job now. You can try to find some good PVE cleric as 2 kind of that nowaday: for Patk (main job is iquisitor/Zealot ofc) and for Matk (main job is druid/exocist)

1. Wugushi sapper i think that’s good for CM (challenge mode only) but ya, it’s still good but not meta tier. i look around and saw that 80% archer player is mergen/musketeer/cannoneer.

2. Doppel’s punish is good. But people don’t use it usually now. (since they have a lot of skill to kill mob, i mean they prefer for more skill from another job than doppel’s skill now. like use focus on buff, cyclone and some skill (max them cuz ur skill pool is a lot now 3 jobs and 45 point each job) For me, i prefer 4-5 skill each job… that will take all my keyboard, no space for like 1/15 skill, only have 15/15 skill (but well it’s ur choice).

3. hmmm i don’t think they need pelta nowaday since swordman class have attribute/skill to provoke mob now (but ya i’m a fan of peltasta. especially swack buckling. cuz people don’t go grinding much now. CM/raid/uphill/boss/event will take a lot of time so no need swack buckling unless u want to farming). My main is (fencer/matador/barbarian) used to be peltasta- not barba.

4. i don’t know much about murmilo… but it isn’t a dps class now… it’s good on PVP ya. But you have many way to kill boss with swordman (fencer is one of it). another is lancer/dop-blossom/retiarius.

6.Quarrel shooter is garbage… hmmm idk but ya i didn’t see anyone use it right now since even archer can reach 200k hp… like i said above, u have a lot of skill point, that’s mean u have limitation of skill to use (ur controller/key board)

1. it’s still a thing but wizard tree have more way to deal damage. Same reason above ( skill point and no time to spam, that’s why people choose high damage skill with low casting time). Pyro-ele is meta now but u can choose another.

2. Elelock. It was a meta in the past but nah they don’t use it anymore, since Pyro will buff ele skill. flaming ground make meteor deal more 5 times damage. and also warlock now good with another job with dark- magic type.

3. For full support, hmmm well you can try some but there are some good jobs on support like diev/miko/druid/PD,…

4. Actually i think fencer is really good right now since u can easily invest crit rate/atk to it (finish ur main quest and it give u legend weapon, it isn’t best but ya very good gear)

Full Tanks are not used.

Murm+Quarrel are not very good now.

CryoKino icewall works but i heard its weaker.

PyroEleTao is a famous and good caster wizard build.
Warlock not very used. Summon builds are stronger.

Priest Diev Oracle is very good full support and meta.

Barb Dopp BlossomBlader is very strong and SwordDPS meta.

Thanks. That helps a lot.

1. You mean offensive PD is more of PVP material nowadays? Interesting. Also yeah I do notice there is surge of Druids now. It used to be a very small niche.

2. Yeah hell lots of keys. I tried to create a Doppel-Barb-Blossom yesterday. On controller. It is objectively the worst trainwreck build I ever played. It constantly goes wrong in every possible ways. That’s how I gave up figuring it up on my own and open this thread instead.

3. For farming, what you think is better? Pelta or schwerterterter? I used to use the latter for farming but Pelta sounds interesting too.

4. Means Murmillo totally out from PVE scene now? I miss that doink! doink! doink! gigantic boss damage. And it was one of rare character that is truly silver sink, there is no end of improvement no matter how much silver you put into them.

5. Alright noted on pyro-ele. Any interesting wizard builds that is not pure dps? I prefer something that gives strategic support like the-then chrono and thaum.

6. Is there any Swordsman build that simply made of pure strength? like the old slow, but hard hitting Murm?

1 Like

Thanks. Sad that tanks are not the thing nowadays.
Summon builds you mean the good ol boring templeshooter?
I could see barb-doppel-blossom potential but it doesn’t work for me because there is too much skills. Made it yesterday and it was a complete disaster. Any sword that are more straightforward to play?

1 Like

Summon builds are not very passive/afk now, in highlvl and if you want to do good dmg.
Templeshooter is not the only good summon and not the best.
see Arise, Summon Army! The Purple Class Codex
and Soccerer Lvl Card affect dmg on monster grimoire

Thanks. this is useful.

About PyroEle what weapon is good? Do you use 1h+Shield or 2h?

I already unlocked Ep11 gears, and get a pistol. But now I regret it somewhat because it can only be used by one character that isn’t even a full time dps.
Is there generally recommended weapons to get for my remaining 4 box?

1 Like

2 handed Weapons and Trinket (new offhand for 2hands) are best for DPS now.
Shields are not needed (in pve). Get a Staff