Tree of Savior Forum

Returning Inquisitor-to-be

Hello. I’m returning after a year of not playing and looking to continue my previous build if it is still viable (all DEX): http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/h373eokd8y/

My character is currently an r6 oracle or r7 kabba (haven’t logged in yet). I’ve been looking through the forums and have not seen the build above recommended so I was curious why not and if someone could recommend something better. I am also curious if inquisitor c2 would be a better choice than zealot c1 with this build.

As a side note, is there a free or paid way to get a full reset? I’m not looking to start a new character if this build won’t work anymore. Thanks in advance!

If you haven’t logged in for a year, you will get a rank reset voucher. As for skill and stat resets, you can only buy them from TP shop atm…

For a full DEX inquisitor, I’d go with cleric2-X-paladin3-kabbalist-inquisitor2. I would go with diev for X. Most of paladin’s skills are attack speed based, so they benefit from high DEX. Or if you prefer a monk build, cleric2-priest2-monk3-inquisitor2.

Inquisitor has more synergy with Paladin than Monk. The common Inqui build these days is something like Cleric2 -> Priest -> Pally3 -> Kabba -> Inqui2. You could swap the second circle of Inquisitor for Zealot1 if you want.

I agree with @gexmnlin13 regarding Diev over Priest but it really depends on personal preference. With Priest, you get Revive for extra support and Monstrance to boost your DEX. Diev gives you SP reduction, cooldown reduction, and free warps. Pally and Inqui have certain stationary elements to their playstyles so staying within the statues’ radii shouldn’t feel too out of place.

Alternatively, if you want something more support focused, you could try Cleric2 -> Priest3 -> Chaplain -> Kabba -> Inqui2. Full DEX would help with Chaplain’s auto attack playstyle. You’d lose out on Conviction buffing God Smash damage though.

Haha interesting cause that those weren’t great paths before but I guess alot has changed.

I am interested in a more support oriented build which all seem to offer to an extent. I will probably look into the pally or chaplain build some more. Do one of those clearly have higher dps? What is the priest 3 mainly for?

Wait… Are you looking for a support build or an inquisitor build? Inquisitor is mostly a DPS class. If you are looking for an inquisitor dps build that can do a little bit of support, there is one that includes chaplain in it.

It is cleric-priest3-chaplain-kirivs3-inquisitor1. I don’t know if most people go with INT or DEX with this build, but basically it is an auto attack builds that focuses on breaking wheel. Aspergillum, last rite, and daino are all powerful auto attack buffs, not to mention pardoner’s buff sacrament and blessing.
Priest3 in this case it not mainly for the buff. First of all, it is a requirement for chaplain. Your main focus are defensive skills revive, ressurection, mass heal. Also aspersion to boost your aspergillum power. Krivis3 is a bit of support as well, with melstis, divine stigma.

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41222333cg.152535.1f214551689a75.113e4f5a65.153545.75416584 Exorcise and magnus are unnecessary, I just don’t know what else to spend the points on.

With this build (Chaplain-Krivis 3-Inq) you want to go mostly INT since it boosts your Aspergillum a lot. Some invested DEX or DEX in gear is good for the attack speed as well.

@jthreee3
It all changed when they buffed Paladin :smiley: Paladin is now a good support/defensive unit which synergies really well with Inquisitor.
The Chaplain version has more sustainable damages since you use your AAs a lot and it brings Res/Revive, the Paladin version offers slightly more synergies (it boosts Inquisitor’s God Smash) and better defensive support/utility. I’m not sure if one is objectively better, they don’t exactly have the same roles. I think it’ll come down to how you want to play, to fight, and what kind of support you like more.
Note though that only Paladins and Monks have the attribute that allow Clerics to use a 2-handed mace, so if you want to use one (better damages and they usually have physical/DEX/crit attributes), the Paladin 3 should be the best for you.

Since you haven’t played for a while, I’ll list you the noticeable changes they made to Paladin:

@gexmnlin13 I meant a more support oriented inquisitor, yes. That build is looking to be what I want.

@Goldie Thank you for the suggestions. It is looking like that chap, kriv3, inq build is able to solo some high level content even after the recent nerf. I think I am torn between that build and paladin build. Will probably check out more gameplay of them later.

I’m guessing incorporating Pally mostly has the benefit of the defensive utilities. In tems of DPS for most of the content, does chap-kriv3-inq beat out the other inq builds mentioned (Pally c3, monk c3, or any other inq build that includes inq2?)

chap-krivis3-inqui is the only build that can solo CM Stage 7 at the moment which is a form of end-game content we’ve at the moment due to him abusing flat dmg coming from elemental property attack and blessing, which completely ignores the defenses of the monster, which in CM the more stages you go the more defenses the mobs have, so it gets harder.

However mind you that the equipment for this class can be pretty expensive as it requires the Masinios Mace and Frieno Set to fully shine, up to some extend can add the Masinios Dagger too for the good amount of DEX and flat elemental damage, despite all of that though this build can perform pretty well with average gear (I was able to clear CM Stage 5 solo with Viena Mace and Crystalas with very bad accesory set).

Compared to the other Inquisitor variants this one is more about sustained DMG, I personally consider Paladin more of a Tank/Utility/Defensive Support nowadays due to his new kit and Monk requires pretty good investment before it can deal decent DMG with Double Punch (mind you also need high DEX and very good ping to get the most of it).

For the chap-krivis3-inqui you can just use Cafrisun Set, an Arde Dagger and a Five Hammer, get Pardoner buffs and you can already start rolling, however you’d be pretty squishy and the DMG won’t be that much, but it’s a good start, specially if you’re just returning and don’t have anything.

Awesome dude thank you for the info. So stats I’m seeing are ~150 DEX, rest int and then choose between Aukuras or Zaibes on whether or not you want more burst or sustained damage? Is there a consensus for one of these?

Also I’m resetting from rank 6. So what is the actual better rank order if I’m coming back with little or no gears?

For my chap-krivis3-inqui I use 150 invested points into DEX and the rest of the points goes into INT, I personally like Aukuras more, the consensus goes as follows:

If you want more overall sustained DMG, go Aukuras.
If you want burst DMG, go Zaibas.

I prefer sustained DMG so I went with Aukuras (also going Zaibas means you’ve to upgrade it’s enhance attribute).

The best rank order would be:

Cleric C1 > Priest C3 > Chaplain > Krivis C3 > Inquisitor

Basically you focus on getting to Chaplain asap since it’s the core of your build and it’ll help you level way faster then focus on Krivis, it’s better to leave Inquisitor last rank because the Class Exp needed for R9 to reach lvl 15 is huge and from Inqui you only need 6 skill points (5 into Malleus Maleficarum and 1 into Wheel minimum) which are pretty easy to get unlike class lvl 7+.

As for stats you could go a 1:1 INT:DEX ratio until both are at 150 then just dump the rest into INT.

Also I’d recommend if you want getting the Aspersion: Enhance attribute early on to at least lvl 50 since it helps leveling and it’s pretty cheap (only 790k silver for lvl 50 iirc).

This is the skill distribution I did for my chaplain:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41222c333g.152535.1f214551689aa5.1545.1f3f5a65.6585

You’ve 5 leftover points in both Chaplain and Inquisitor since you already have the core skills maxed, you can leave Wheel at 1 if you want, since I don’t use either God Smash or Pears I just maxed it.

The only real difference you could do to it is either maxing Aukuras or Zaibas, depending of what I said before of what you’d prefer.

The attributes you should get are:

Inquisitor
Inquisitor:Burn (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO MAX).
Breaking Wheel: Additional DMG:
Malleus Maleficarum: Mana Burn (just 1 point for the Silence in PvE).

Krivis
Aukuras: Goddess of Fire (if you go with Aukuras).
Zaibas: Splash (if you go with Zaibas).
Zaibas: Enhance (to at least 50, if you go with Zaibas).
Divine Stigma: Duration.
Daino: Duration (Very Important).
Daino: Additional Attack (Very Important).

Priest
Monstrance: Buff Duration (Very Important).
Revive: Duration (Very Important).
Aspersion:Enhance (at least to 50, after you get the Burn Attribute to max you should max this attribute asap).

Cleric
Heal: Remove DMG (Very Important).
Safety Zone: Increased Range
Heal: Creating Extra

Chaplain doesn’t really have any attributes worth getting imo.

As far as gear goes you can start your foundation with getting a Five Hammer, an Arde Dagger and Cafrisun, alongside a good Pardoner buffer, that should be enough for general gameplay (like Dungeons and Grinding, up to some extend CM), after you get to 350 which is when you can equip the best gear we’ve at the moment you should focus on getting pieces of 350 with stats like DEX/INT or in my case I prefer Looting Chance since I use this character to farm.

As for cards I’m aiming to use (since I’m still lving them).

Red: 3 Centaurus (Could replace 1 or 2 for Froster Lords if you’d like to freeze enemies).
Purple: 3 Gazing Golems (could use only 1 or 2 and use something like Yekub for flat elemental dmg, I just use 3 because I like it, personal taste I guess).
Blue: 3 Armaos (very cheap to get and a very decent replacement over Nuaele or Zaura which are very expensive).
Green: 3 Gorkas (Looting Chance cards, there isn’t really that many good options to get in this section, and I don’t feel like 3 Pyroego or Elleganos for 30INT/30DEX makes that much of a difference so I prefer the Looting Chance for the opportunity to get more drops, if you don’t want that then you could go Elleganos for more DEX so faster attacks).

For End-Game gear you should aim to get a Masinios Mace and a Frieno Set, those are like the core end-game items for this build, they’re pretty expensive mind you, so take things slowly and just upgrade whenever you get a good item out of your drops or something like that and eventually get those things (depending on server could be up to 500m-600m getting those 2 things).

I think that would pretty much it, sorry for the wall of text, and happy smacking :smiley:

2 Likes

@ChainOfMemories damn thanks a ton for the info!!! I will be following this :slight_smile:

No problem, if you’ve got any other question feel free to ask :slight_smile: