Tree of Savior Forum

Returned recently to ToS! I am looking for some feedback!

Hiya,

This is my current build. and I am wondering what should I do about right now. There is this new Lancer class, also I burned my all Founders DLC that I bought more than year ago, and got this Hidden class scroll that allows me to unlock a class. So I would like to know what direction should I go about right now? Should I go Dragoon C2 or Lancer? Or have fun with Shinobi?

Oh… also I sold 60 days Token by mistake for cheap :frowning: the feels

wait until they release dragoon c3 skill info then decide.

Considering rollback feature it shouldnt matter, I think.

Shinobi does not fit builds that need to be mounted (Lancer and Cataphract) because you can’t use shinobi skills while mounted.

Lancer needs to use 2h spear so Peltasta doesn’t go well with it. If you pick Cata 3 with Lancer, the most common build goes with Swordman 3.

Cataphract 3 -> Dragoon 2 (aka Catagoon) is currently very weak and the Dragoon C3 jump skill preview makes Catagoons even less appealing (jump skills can’t be used while mounted).

Cata 3 atm is quite weak as dps, but it’s a decent build for running around map and farming items (because of move speed). If you don’t like the idea of sacrificing dps for move speed, don’t really pick Cataphract.

To go along with what @mrshadowccg said about mounts:
In a perfect world where mounting is seamless and easy, Shinobi would work just fine even though you kick yourself off the mount whenever you use a Shinobi skill. But this is no perfect world, Your mount will immediately try to retaliate against an enemy unit and you cannot mount while your pet is attacking. Basically you lock yourself off of your mount if you decide to use a dismounted skill in combat. I wouldn’t worry too much about dismounting by ranged skills or buffs, but I advise you keep melee dismounted skills out of the picture.

Essentially just adding on to the post above mine, I agree that Pelt doesn’t fit into a lancer/dragoon build. Cata does synergize nicely with Lancer since they are both mounted classes although Cata DPS is weak but is nice for farming. I’m leveling an alt character as a future lancer and I’m going Sw2 > Hop2 > Cata3 > Lancer. Hoplite gives you a little bit more of a punch. You could also take a rank of dragoon before lancer which is in the meta currently. I personally just don’t like dragoon, which I why I don’t choose to take it even though it probably is the stronger build.