Tree of Savior Forum

Restricting New Players To Improve Server? That's a good Sign!

I just lost my trust in IMC in iToS, the way they are fixing their problems/bugs/servers is just slow and unprofessional. Before I was hoping ToS wouldn’t be picked by Nexon, now when I saw what IMC got to offer, any publisher would do a better job.

Having to pay to play (cash) a good game is better than not being able to play at all + (those damn dlc costs are absurd).

1 Like

It still could cause the lag/server stability issues to come back due to more people playing. It might solve all the problems buy lowering the amount of people who can access the game but it could also bring the problems back.

Opening new servers is costy, and you do not open them unless you must do it. Depending how the player base is getting smaller (what is normal since the launch hype is over) they are more likely gonna need to merge servers in the future.

I just do not think this is the ultimate solution. But I hope for the best…

Well better then nothing really

1 Like

Yes finally a restriction that can temporary stop numerous steam accounts to be created just to BOT.

1 Like

Yea, I am just really disappointed. I do not know much about the state of other servers than SA, but considering that they opened SA, knowing that they had a limited number of server-machine was a horrible decision.

They also knew a rough number of people that were about to transfer considering the big amount of BR players.

The yesterdays after patch notice about the SA server made a giant amount of people leave the game, lol.

And that’s the proof that they really needed to release the game in june like it was planned. They needed time but idiots kept complaining to have the game earlier than planned. You reap what you sow guys.

Anyway, I’m with IMC.
I hope they will have enugh funds to get through this.

1 Like

This has certainly peaked my interest, but… I have to wonder wth ever made them decide the game was ready for F2P in the first place. What future awaits the game? How long shall it be closed? So much money has already gone into the years of work the game has taken, how much more do they have to keep fixing things? Seems like a big loss of revenue already. What content, fixes, packages (if any), etc will come for current players?

There’s a ton of questions that I guess will only be answered with time. Cheers to bots going poof though. :wine_glass:

This is like FF14. Then realm reborn was a smash hit. Hope they can do it (in a smaller scale)

And if they are really doing their job, I dont mind them launching another round of founders pack to fund the server. It maybe just me but this game has potential that it should not be abandoned yet.

It was not them who decided but the F2P players who kept pressuring them to release and those same freeloders who could’ve just come during early access little by little.

The early access was planned to at least 2-3 months. The funders packs were reasonable, there were less lag. There were really no real reason to not jump in if some people really wanted to spend money on it.

Also, anybody who joined the 1 month early access was against the F2P release being earlier than planned but we were a minority compared to the horde of F2P train who jumped on the game when it launched as F2P.

Result ?
IMC can’t manage this tsunami!

That’s why I said above: “you reap what you sow”. :smiling_imp:

EDIT : READ THIS

There may be some truth to what you say, but we’re talking about a professional gaming company here, not a case of teenaged peer pressure. xD The state of the game hasn’t changed much at all, so I don’t see what would have made them think it was kosher then and now they need to yank it completely.

Read this: I Love Tree of Savior; I Am Leaving Tree of Savior

That’s one thing I dislike about people, indies dev can be easely forgiven when they’ve that title but not when it’s some young pro company like IMC.

1 Like

The only real solutions to bots and gold sellers is either
a) make the game subscription based, without free-to-play so it’s not worth it for botters to create accounts since they’re getting banned before making enough money or
b) somehow make people stop giving money to RMT sites/stop buying silver/items or
c) make account creation restricted in a sense that everyone has only one account, which is bound to your social security number/ID card/whatever. In korea this system works pretty good. Or
d) make the game cost initial money (say, 30~50 bucks) with no steam-refunds but no subscription fees/tokens/etc but allow cashshop. This, like a), makes it undesirable for botters to pay 30~50 bucks for each bot just to get it banned after a short while, without being able to get the money refunded. Or
e) magic

The most rational and easiest solution would be b), however that doesn’t work because it would require everyone to stop giving money to RMTers/botters/silver farmers. And since there are always greedy bastards who pay real money for items/silver the RMTers will keep coming back.

I can’t really think of anything else, because even if they somehow manage to implement a 100% reliable anti-bot system, the botters will quickly program around that system and reprogram bot progams so they don’t get detected anymore.

• Actually, botters exist on Subscription-based MMOs like FFXIV by simply using stolen and fradulent Credit Cards. It doesn’t work.
  • Won’t happen when people excuse themselves for “wah I’m playing a grinder but I have a life and a wife and kids” for it. But yes, buyers should be punished along side the bots themselves, but IMC doesn’t want to reduce their potential buyers if they’re willing to spend money on RMT and all.
  • Requires IMC to have ALOT of information about people on a global scale. The reason it works in Korea is because it’s mandated to have some knowledge of where people are since Gaming is a very large thing
  • Founder’s Pack you say? I see bots running around with enough TP to buy dresses and such.
  • Legit

There really isn’t a way to counterract Gold Sellers & botting that is widespread. It is a problem many popular RPGs face that most have not solved at all. The solution here wouldn’t be something out there, it has to be done and unique to the game’s design to hinder bot advancement or the areas they could proceed. And what areas they can go to, can be stomped out as such.

That said, I actually sort of like these news. Hopefully if done in a competent manner that what is displayed, this can attract people back into it. But again, only time will tell. Most of the player base who want to play the game has tried it already, so they can log back in.

I think this fix is more focused on the DDoS on the servers, rather than the bots. On one of the previous announcements, they did inform us about it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

guise, i am planning to play this server(new player) but it seems that game has been temporarily restricted for new players like me. I just want to know if i buy the DLCI packs, will i be able to play the game? Thanks in advance.

any of you guys know on what day they will put this player restriction out? i really want to play this game

Remember when we thought IMC had a grand idea to revive the game, fix the issues and essentially “relaunch” as something great? Yeah… IMC is laughing at us right now.

1 Like

LOL u bringing up this thread made me laugh at myself thinking that “Ooo IMC is gonna step it up!!! Brand new relaunch!! Better game!” And then now…

lol y u necro XD…

Then again… yeah… i see no improvement… nor stabilization of the population of ToS player base…