Tree of Savior Forum

Respectable farmer?

Thinking about this build:

Wiz3>Link>Pyro>Thaum>Chrono>Sage

Will Pyro1 w/ link be enough damage using fireball 5?

Any advice welcome.

Why Chrono1?

The meme farmer is Wiz3Link2Thauma2
Or Wiz1Pyro2Link2Thauma2

Chrono1 is completely useless. Get one of the builds proposed lower. But I would prefer wiz1-pyro2-link2-thauma2-sage full int.

Resurrect? This is for rare item farming, not silver farming.

//////20chars

Giving up a rank for link2 is pointless imo… link1 or link3 makes sense, but not link2 IMO.

Link2 can link up to 8 mobs
Thauma2 can Swell up to 8 mobs
The more mobs linked more the damage gets amplified making it easier to kill higher level 150-200k hp swelled mobs.

Only useful for low pop mobs that have long ass respawn rate or boss ressu in missions, you’re better off rerolling the drops using an Oracle for such mobs.

Yeah, but then you can’t swell body though?

1 Like

I can’t recomend wiz 3 link thauma after playing one. pyro 2 would be much much better. magic missiles is so annoying if you also desire to farm bosses. for example doing crystal mines would be much better as pyro 2.

I guess chrono 1 for reincarnate is useful for a very specific type of farming such as people who farm for the fossilized lizard amber. also chrono 1 is still useful for that attempt to reincarnate bosses for the extra cube.

The thing is… ressurect is apply BEFORE the death of the monster with a BIG COOLDOWN and NOT THE SAME DROP. (Soo… no your can’t Quadruple a rare drop with ressurect + Swell body…)
Ressurect is not a viable farming tool… It only viable for the 5% chance rez boss to double box

yeah if you are just making a farming char then you might as well go chrono 3 for pass to reduce all farming related cds. + haste is so good.

I did some research and honestly the best build I´ve found is Wiz1 Pyro2 Link2 Thaum2.

I´m unsure about the order and skill selection.

For example I went 5 Energy Bolt and 1 Lethargy 1 Earthquake. Yet I have seen people go 1 Energy Bolt and 5 Sleep 4 Lethargy, though I don´t get why 4 Lethargy, when 1 is enough for the Attribute.

Same for Pyro. Max Fireball, but then you can either max Flame Wall, Flame Ground and Flame Pillar, you have so many options.

I’m still supprise there nothing about warlock farming (That everyone rage about)

Demon Prison Make something around 1M/H (With gem selling)
Never tested dinabee.
Op Low Lv grind (30-100)

I was told Warlock farming is subpar and you need good respawn point, otherwise it doesn´t work and you need to fight those spots.

lol this guy was at a newbie area as warlock 2 and I joined his party for a few mins and I looked at the monster kill count and I was already at 2k kills of mobs most of which was from the warlock. I keep waiting for it to get hit by the nerf bat.

Well in demon prison is really easy once you reach warlock 2 you get the perma invocation buff mob basicly kill themself once you kill 1 in one of the 4 area (except Range and harugal that can something target your evil sprit out of their range and just kill them)

But honeslty, You can expect something around 1M/Hour with warlock 2
Lv up your newbie friend between 30-100 really easy in Royal lodge (If i get the name right …)
Warlock is one of the best Silver Farming class there is.

Other class like Wiz3>link/thaum Lookalike are more Dungeon Silver farming class. You can do quite a bit of silver with this too. (Best part of it… You aren’t affected by other farmer/player.)

TLDR: Don’t understimate Warlock As Silver Farming Class, there not much that out farm them. (Not counting daily thing like saalus or WB lucky drop)

So, if you wanted Silver, is Pyro2Linker2Thaum2 better than a Warlock?

Don´t high density areas are full of Warlocks that take your spot?

I know Pyro2 is more like a dungeon farmer, but you can also farm mobs open world

Depeding of the time… I don’t had any trouble to find myself farming alone in one of the 2 demon prison chanel. But yeah that the only negatif thing about warlock farming.
The spot might already been taken, but if it not a warlock 2… You can outfarm pretty much anyone and take the place for youself (If you don’t mind behing a jerk to pretty much anyone who whant to farm/grind there but hey… You lv up your class just for that. If another farmer whant to complaing he can just do is own warlock… Also there no rule about you can’t do that.)

Yeah but the only use of resurrect would be for mobs that spawn rarely (for battle bracelet, fossilized amber, etc.) and therefore the big cooldown would be negelegible. I do agree that it’s for a very specific farming build though.

On another note, is pyro1 good enough, will fireball level 5 be op’ed enough w/ linking? I know I’ve seen crazy videos where they demolish bosses by linking them to fireball and using agni… just want to make sure it’s not pointless w/ one circle. Thanks!

Thing is, you’re still gonna be gambling from either a DPK or 1%chance(or lower) loot.
For these cases a DievOra for Laima and Resetting partnered with a Chrono3 for Pass is much more efficient method of farming such items.

Something I’ve learned by experience, another way of to force respawn such mobs is via Red jackpot mobs, lure and kill the red guy to where your hunted monster spawns from.
Red jackpots aren’t as rare as silver or gold jackpots, in fact just keep killing monster in same specific map can make a Red spawn after around the ±300 or so monster killed.
I’ve gotten my 3 Melinas for my Audra, my second Venier Recipe, 30+ColiflyStamen(from main chamber since Roxana has lower droprate despite the bigger pop count), all from this method.

Another optional farming build is Sw3>X>Corsair3>X specially now(not yet implemented in iToS) that pillaging rates are based on Circle rank instead of JR lvl.

1 Like

Hmmm all good points. I already have a Cors3, which I’ll be taking to doppel for DPE. I guess I just see it as doubling your chance w/ resurrection, even with low drop rate. DPK though is a great point though so that wouldn’t be as useful w/ a DPK mob. I’d prefer to build a solo farmer, so can’t really see the point going for DievOra. Thanks for the input!