Tree of Savior Forum

Resetting my Kino Soon

So after almost a month of hiatus, I’ve heard of a rank reset voucher that is given to each account. That gave me a reason to check in my Wiz and play her again, though now I need to grind up to Class Level 15 (got like two and a half levels before hitting the mark). My only concern now is what to change my Wiz into.

My previous (current) build is Wiz3 > Cryo1 > Kino3 with a bit of CON for survivability and the rest to INT. I’ve enjoyed playing this build a lot, but I’ve mostly replied on IW+PP combo for dishing out damage (especially against bosses in missions). Plus, without RC in my build, damage doesn’t seem to be that great, and in the long run, it feels like I’m just trying to compete with other classes to get that “1” after every boss kill.

I’m trying to veer away from the meta Wiz3 > Kino3 > WL2 despite it excelling in PvP as much as PvE (I mostly do PvE BTW; I’ve hardly set foot into TBL/PvP, and I’m currently not in a guild to go into GvG).

I’ve thought of switching to something like Wiz3 > Kino3 > Link2, and be more of field/crowd control type of character (PP, GP, Raise) that can somewhat sustain itself soloing with JP+HK+MM. Sure, bossing will definitely be difficult with this build since IW+PP combo will never be used again, but it at least contributes more to party play, whether it be grinding or doing missions.

If you guys have any other suggestions, don’t hesitate to give constructive feedback and criticism. I haven’t been active for quite some time (as I’ve mentioned), and I’m more than open to hear what you have to say about my dilemma.

Did you already have a plan for what you were going to do at Rank 8? Honestly I think if you’re looking for a way to be competitive with the wiz3->kino3->cryo build, just tack on Rune Caster for rank 8 and you’ll be good to go.

I am personally doing a “fun” build that I’ve been enjoying with wiz3->Kino3->Runecaster->Sage (not Rank 8 yet). The main idea I was looking at was lining things up with Gravity pole, which puts things in the perfect positions for a Rune of Justice. And with the RC buffs coming at…some point…this’ll be even better. Right now he’s level 231 and I’ve had no problems with PvE, and I often place 1st or 2nd DPS during dungeons and Missions, though this is sort of dependent on whether there is a cleric in the party so I can channel my stuff. :>

I’m sure that later on down the road, other classes will significantly outshine this build damage-wise, but I think the utility (tons of CC, rune of giants, missile hole, teleport, warp portal) makes up for the lack of DPS. The important thing for me is that it’s fun. :smiley: (Also, I like themes, and sage skills seem to suit kinos thematically :D)

Back then, I was actually thinking of picking Rune Caster as my R8 class, but then I’ve like read a thread or two saying that doing so will just make me more reliable to the combo. There was also the option of going sage due to its utility for Missile Hole, Blink and Portal. It’s mainly these two classes that make me have a hard time advancing. The Linker option was just something recent.

I definitely think Linker is a very viable option. I considered it to replace RC. In the end, though, I just didn’t like how the Linker’s ONLY thing is to link monsters together. It’s not dynamic or interesting enough for my tastes, even if it’s incredibly useful.

BUMP!

My character just hit Rank 8 this afternoon, and now I’m ready to reset her ranks. All I need to do now is finalize what circles I need to do. After much deliberation, I’ve considered not going Linker anymore because I’ve read that later-content mobs can resist JP, and even if combo-ing from JP+HK to MM/PP/GP looks flashy with all the numbers flying about, I don’t think I’ll be able to enjoy that much being a link-slave.

Right now, I’m considering my six ranks to be Wiz3 and Kino3. I’ve decided to pick Sage for my Rank 8 class, mainly because the skills it provides are just too useful whether it be PvE or PvP. That just about leaves me with my Rank 7 class. I’m considering taking up RC much like TPAM did. I figured it’d be a better choice over Cryo + RC or Cryo + Sage.