Tree of Savior Forum

Reset of Team Names

With the arrival of the mass update, it just feels right to have a team name reset for everyone.

Not just a free team reset scroll item that can be used whenever, I’m talking about everyone’s team name getting reset, so everyone would have an equal chance in getting the name that they want.

A lot of people were forced to choose another team name, including me, because they were already taken up by another person. The new events, like the rush to 100, has a lot of new players coming to ToS but are unfortunately unable to choose their team name. Most of the team names have been already taken up by the players who have already quit, and by doing a reset of team names, you would be able to give the players the team name they wanted, instead of someone who has already quit.

If the player is satisfied with their team name, they could choose it again. You could also create an option for them to give up their name and change it or just simply keep it.

2 Likes

I don’t fully agree with that, because it’ll be another race to “get your wanted name right away”. Some players who did get the original popular names are still playing. It’d be kind of unfair to them if they’d lose it like that.

I think they should simply reset the names of all players who haven’t logged for over 6 months (or maybe over 8 months ?).
And give people the opportunity to reset once if they want to, I guess. But that part, I doubt they’ll do it since you can do it for TP…
But anyway, team names of players who haven’t logged for so long should be reset. Especially since we know it’s server-wide. If someone is named Shoutacon in Silute, even players on the EU, NA and SEA servers can’t choose this name anymore… There were over 50k players, and now not even 10k. That’s a LOT of unused Team Names.