Tree of Savior Forum

Requesting help and insights

Hi, guys.

You could say I’m new to the game as I’ve pretty much made multiple characters, with all of them being Wizards, just to make sure I don’t make a lasting mistake.

Currently, I was hoping to build a summoner-type mage that focuses on PvP (1v1 or multiplayer)

This is currently what I had in mind:

I’m hoping to get some thoughts and opinions and if it’s even “fine” to go for a summoner-type PvP Mage.

I’m also thinking of going CON (with some INT and a sprinkle of SPR, coz I’ve already placed the stats in) because I believe a full INT won’t even last long enough for the summons to do their thing if the mage gets 1-shot.

Also, isn’t Summon Familiar a really strong spell? Summoning a multitude of suicidal bats that deal “bat-crap” insane damage. Been also thinking of just going full Sorc.

don’t get Sorc 1, you’ll lose SP fast.
Don’t go a summoner build because you’ll end up with 4 dumb AIs lol.
go Cryo 3 kino or Cryo kino 3 instead so you can group up mobs for flesh cannon and shoggoth

How “dumb” are the AIs? I just read that they’re unreliable, but won’t it suffice for PvP? if it’s say a 1v1, aren’t they capable enough to just act like a typical monster and attack?

If it’s for multiplayer PvP, how bad is it?

Also, I wanted to know more details on Summon familiar. Aren’t they good?

Including kino3 or cryo3 -or both- makes for vastly more practical pvp builds. The most useful skill you get being subzero with 35% chance and large downtime. In group pvp mass summons serve as a nuisance to the other team instead of a direct threat. If the summons do take a toll on the other team for whatever reason, smart opponents will be more mobile and focus you when subzero is down.

Summon familiar at higher skill levels is pretty good for pvp purposes, though I think it needs a shorter cd if you wanted to call it insane.

As for sorc1, the AI can work if you only play defensively. As soon as you need your summon to chase down the opponent or promptly switch targets, it will hold you back. Considering its cost, the summon AI without c2 skills is inefficient when you’re trying to damage targets that regularly move in and out of its attack range. Instead of the summon following your lead its basically the reverse.

Thanks guys.

I was planning on asking more questions here, but I think it would be more appropriate if I was to post the as a new topic.

Continuing with this, so I guess it means summoner-types aren’t going to be that effective in PvP? :\

I just saw a vid of a necromancer’s skeletons dealing strong damage. is a necro bad at 1v1?