Tree of Savior Forum

Request for SEA IP address to ping, as aid in server transfer decision making

Continuing the discussion from [FAQ] Server Transfer:

Requesting for SEA IP address that players can ping to aid in our decision making process.

1. Not all SEA Internet Service Providers have good connectivity to Amazon SG.
  2. Unlike their western counterparts, SEA Internet Service Providers do not openly peer with each other. It is very possible that you may be in the SEA region geographically, but you will have better ping to Klapedia/US East.

TLDR: Being in SEA does not guarantee better latency to the future SEA iTOS servers.

http://www.cloudping.info

1 Like

That is not reliable. Those websites base their IP information on publicly available records. Amazon has a buttload of IP addresses. Our tests will be based on the accuracy of those websites.

Also, said website only tests for consumer Amazon clients. IMC as a large customer may have other optimizations, IP routes availed of.

The only way to reliably test latency, if for IMC to provide an IP address.

Thank you for this really neat AWS ping utility!

@Dogma I do not live in Singapore but I highly doubt they still rely on services that do not approve of Static IP/UPnP specially with the fact that Amazon is a business establishment so they should be using high level internet services as of now which is why I highly doubt this matter at hand :open_mouth:

Oh, I have absolute faith in SG IP engineering/policy.

Its the ISP’s from other SEA countries especially mine, that I am worried/slaved to.

1 Like

Yas Amazon is all good but certain ISPs like to cheap out in their international internet connections.

I live in Australia. I would know.

Then you have nothing to worry about! :smiley:

Tels___ LOL.

/20frickencharacters

1 Like

Better than opturd

Lalalalalala ~~~~~

If for some reasons that you will have a bad routing, provided by your ISP, you can still always use Pingzapper/WTFast

The game will always adjust according to the majority’s welfare, imo.

Aren’t the servers currently located in the US? You do know they haven’t particularly decided on the SEA servers being relocated to SEA region right? And I doubt they’ll decide on that matter before the server transfer deadline.

WTF fast and other VPN’s only lessen the packet loss, your latency will be the same. Its physics.

Majority’s welfare is all good, but many of us players have no information to base our decision on. Namely an official future SEA IP address.

TLDR: Being in SEA does not guarantee better latency to the future SEA iTOS servers.

1 Like

They already specified it will move to SG.

That is absolutely reliable.

You don’t even need to ping to a random amazon server located in singapore, as long as you ping to a server in singapore, that ping result will be fully accurate.

Reason is because singapore is small, VERY SMALL. And also well connected(island wide fibre optic connection).

So there is no difference in where exactly a server is located in Singapore. My ping is 4-5ms to all public servers here.

The topic is for SEA/Australian players NOT in Singapore. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you, as a player outside of singapore, tries to connect to a server 1 in singapore on cable A, you will also be connecting to server 2 on cable A.

Your connection to ALL singapore servers will be thru cable A. And because within singapore there is no difference, thus ping to any singapore server is the same ping to all singapore server.

right, but the answer for them (aka, you) is “Singapore.”
ping ANYTHING in Singapore, and anything ELSE in Singapore should be less than +/-10ms from that.

Singapore is a terrible hosting zone for Aus/NZ :\

No. Singapore is not served by a single submarine cable.

I may have good connectivity with SingTel, but not necessarily with Amazon SG. Different SEA ISP’s have different relationships the various SG ISP’s/Data Centers.

Furthermore, viewpoints from INSIDE Singapore are not valid. Your government mandates proper peering. This is not something other SEA countries enjoy.