Tree of Savior Forum

Request for pagination

I’m new here, but have been lurking a while. I like the forums overall, but think pagination would be an improvement over the endless loading mechanic. The current method works fine if a topic is short, but for really long, fast-moving topics it can be really hard to come back to where you last read. The jump to the bottom button helps, but for some threads coming back after a few hours means there have been 50 more replies and you either have to keep scrolling down, or jump to the bottom and keep scrolling up to find where you last read. Endless loading is also really hard to read on a mobile device, because they tend to have less memory and auto refresh tabs, making you have to find your place again.

Another mechanic some forums have that is really useful is the ability to jump to where you last read. This can either be done as a button, or clicking on a forum topic can automatically take you to where you were before.

When I go to a topic after new replies have been posted, it moves me to the beginning of the new replies.

Then you can freely move to any post or all the way up and down.

Is that what your asking for?

Yes, that’s one thing would make browsing easier. I just tested that out and it did take me to where I last was, but there are many threads I’ve been following where it just takes me to the top when I return. Maybe the behavior isn’t consistent?

I still think pagination would be useful though, at least for finding specific posts.

You can’t fight the future my friend…

1 Like

A lot of features of the forum seems broken after the huge amount of traffic, but normally it does seem to work fine.

1 Like