Tree of Savior Forum

Remove the 199,999 damage cap

This damage cap renders several classes that have 1 hit-strong skill, like Cannoneer, Musketeer and Featherfoot, classes that are really weak and being even more rent down by a unless cap system that only make them weaker.

There is absolutely no reason to keep a system like this if not to harm people who play those classes, it should be removed. When monsters have 600kHP late game and your 1-hit skill is ineffective on them because a mechanic that is basically useless.

All this is only for PvE focus, I don’t play pvp so I don’t know if should be maintained there or not.

It was actually 99k pre r8 fyi. Most non swordie class will never hit cap just fyi. Even swordie have issue to hit cap without stacking debuffs from dragoon.
Mostly just archers. (Cannoner and musket mostly lol)

I believe it will be tweak sooner or later.

They should remove fake multihits more from the game instead of damage cap for now.

It make skills capping at 200k (showing 3 hits worse) LEL.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

to “balance” out OP skills

Pretty much to balance out huge hitter skills, but the limit is too small.

Any way i got my second S corona +15 today rofl.

The problem, in my opinion, is not the damage cap, but the fact that we can have such big damage numbers in the first place, which is the reason why so many high level mobs have these stupidly high hp.

If this damage curve continues we’ll probably do 5~10 million damage hits at rank 10, with normal trash mobs having like 100~200 million hp.

So you are the one shiny shouting just now. XD
Dam luck omg…
I going +8 also lost 3 potential. FML.

And the entire reason why we need to cut off damage caps are monsters having such high HP in first place, specially bosses and world bosses. While those classes can do the 199k+ damage, they need to use several buffs and debuffs on their kit, making it not viable as DPS. Unless classes like Dragoon2, who has damage everywhere, WAY lower cooldown and their skills are multihit.

High damage numbers don’t mean much when a a class with less numbers - but with multihit, can deal WAY more damage than the “cap”, the system is just useless in terms of “balance” and shouldn’t be here in first place.

@easonong6207

heh you spotted me, costed me 10m. I got lucky.

@haukinyau0

It is it will eventually be uplift when bosses have billion of HP like maplestory.
300 billion +++++ +? i dunno.

@Valsh

Pretty much you got the point. Due to HP VS damage ratio and insane debuff stacking game mechanics T2 buffs.
They do not want players to pretty much one shot any thing. Which make it a “EZ game” .

Pretty much now it’s a system as a soft cap to keep classes that have potential to hit way more then intended in a single skill in check. It is stupid i know.

We all agree it’s stupid but looking at how things progress eventually it will be lifted, but when? Prolly when boss hp goes over 600 m the next patch and general mbos having solmiki hp ( 800k ~ 2m)

1 Like

It’s to easy to reach damage cap with Full Draw, if they fix this skill first, maybe.

The 199k cap is still too high for the current cap,it should be way lower[75-99k seems alright].
Just imagining having skills deal like 199k and hit several mobs at once while the mobs have only 300-400k HP is making the game a faceroll again.
That’s why these caps are needed, and why some classes have to be considered as too strong for the game,especially some Archer and Swordman classes.

About Musketeer/Featherfoot: These classes are not supposed to deal more damage without having higher downsides. Imagine a musket dealing 1m+ dmg with a Snipe… That makes every worldboss obsolete and the mission/dungeon bosses would drop ± instantly because they don’t have so many HP.

I believe the current solution to keep a damage cap for all skills and exempt certain skills from it (e.g. how Oracles Twist of Fate bypasses the cap and has its own cap of 999k dmg) to make certain classes/combinations/builds more viable is more balanced.
Noone needs certain classes to drop monsters with low CD time skills even faster or the meta will become even worse than currently…

And make multihit skills even more stronger? Big numbers don’t mean good damage or DPS. There is a reason why Flecher can output good damage without high numbers, same goes for SReiter and Fencers, and other multihit classes. If you deal 10x less damage on 1 hit, but deal more hits(which adds your patk into each hit in true multihit skills), you’ll deal MORE damage than the damage cap, while not being affected by it.

1 Like

@haukinyau0
Yea. HP sponge.

eh remove reiter out. A reiter without a musket slave/ party specific composition is extremely weak unless you are fully cap to teeth.

By cap to teeth i mean a 550% aspna pistol. That is still about 60ishk per hit on Retreat shot at cap and 40k without on glass moles.

Still have a huge down time ( unless you have krivis + chrono bots).

Fletcher do fall off now on cap slowly.
Fencers are the one actually but they are bottlenecked by their rapiers + lol.

I half agree that it is an issue but how much value would be decent in this terms. It was originally a issue to also various games like maple MU etc. who capped their damage base on mob base HP. It’s a lack of hindsight by the developers.

This damage cap is pointless. Classes that do DoT can easily cause a lot more damage than these from burst skills as from blood curse of Featherfoot. For me to hit the cap with my Featherfoot it requires a lot of preparation and buffs, it is not something like I am spamming 199,999 everywhere. As my level increases so does boss lvs and their HP, as a result the skill will cause little damage in terms of percentage of the HP for high level bosses. There is no cap in HP for bosses why should damage have a cap?

Damage Cap is silly. Example.

Currently can do 120k damage with snipe. Which is nothing on level 270 to 280. Mobs let alone world bosses. Most you can’t even 1 shot for trash Mobs.

Now this is by… button stroking. Cloaking and sniping.

I prefer my multi shot skill of musketeers. Cause I just do button stroke and fire. Not only will I do over 200k but actually feel like I done something.

But don’t worry it not op. The immunity to damage. Dodge. And revenge ( that last like 1 to 3mins or whole fight with meekos) . That people stack during pvp make me useless. Unless it non cleric party I am facing. Archers are useless in pvp vs how much better utility and cc other three classes bring to the table.

Only people complaining is clerics and wizards with full con. That I managed to either get to before or after buff expired. Which usually never happens cause I die to some weird stun locks from wizards. Or dragoon 1 shooting me lol if I am not clocked I die to some weird spell someone casts off screen lol