Tree of Savior Forum

Remove free TP and replace with exclusive exchange shop

The time I spent playing the game made me realize that the free TP you gain overtime doesn’t really benefit the player aside from a few megaphones and pet food time to time for your Premium pet you don’t own. So my suggestion is to completely rework the idea of " Free TP " and replace it with an item that is collectable as a drop from monsters that you eventually exchange for items normally found in the TP trader. The drops and the items purchased would only be Account shareable though, as to not fluctuate the in-game economy.

Items such as:
- EXP Tomes To allow new and old players to catch up on those levels or to save for new characters to level them up faster.
- Pets and pet food Giving players a chance to get some cute Penguins ~
- Megaphones Can’t go wrong with some shouts every now and then
- Costumes and Hairs Farm and style up your characters

Maybe even add a time where exclusive items appear for a limited time or day.
-Like an Accessory that could boost EXP %, Healing received or even Drop % by the number of players joined together in a party that also stacks with the already party buff to encourage players to group up more often, whether it be for questing, adventuring or going to the fields or hunting grounds.
-Silver pouches that award a random amount of Silver when opened to allow new and veteran players some extra cash to sustain their training or even gear up faster.
-Instance Dungeon One Entry Reset Vouchers; not much needs to be said about this one.
-Power-Up Cube that contains a 1, 3 or 7 day(s) version of a random armor or weapon for a high level item that you could wear at certain levels maybe…?
-Token. You know it was coming, haha.
-Skill, Stats or Rank Resets. To re-roll, re-fit and re-customize your character as you wish or ever wanted from the beginning.

-I also think the exchange shop should have a limit to how many one can purchase each item per day or week; to keep it balanced and all.

And I guess that concludes my suggestion for the rework of free TP
Please let me know what you think of this idea! Thank you.

2 Likes

With the free TP the token I buy costs me 94 instead of 99.

Then the afk farmers come in and get free exp tomes, costumes, and hairs.

Also, why would IMC switch to giving these items away when they already charge people money for them?

2 Likes

To allow an additional way of obtaining premium items for doing everyday things; to be rewarded for playing of course! So that both low and high level players can benefit from gaining a few extra boosts along the way of climbing their way up that ladder.

I have no issue with IMC having to charge TP for their items, I understand a f2p game needs some sort of money sink, but I also understand the need to feel satisfying playing the game to know I’ll have a chance to spend or exchange items effectively and have a fighting chance to reach end-game. New players would benefit the most out of this kind of system, as they cannot trade or use the marketplace for a week, giving them an opportunity to progress the game with a much friendlier approach.

Of course I’m not saying ALL items I listed there should be added. I just thought up a few to get the idea across.

Perhaps a separate reward system for reaching certain miletones or achievements, just like killing 500 hanamings gives black hair color.

Maybe an exclusive “pioneer costume” to those who has 100% explored
X ammount of maps,

ofcoruse items would need to be untradable, or people would just mass farm on multiple characters and sell them on market.

Not really sure why current free tp overtime should be changed though.

and we do get "easier ways to level up"every now and then anyway, through events.

Dont just afk for stuff, participate in the events.

1 Like

Yes. All items will be untradeble and only shareable between characters of the same Team. By replacing the free TP with Free Items (I’ll just call them Spirit Orbs for the sake of repetition) every now and then instead.

Most events tend to style-up to new accounts made though. This would give Veterans a chance to have the same benefits and wouldn’t cause an uproar in terms of poor management. You shouldn’t feel penalized every time you decided to make a new character to try things out and maybe even frustrated at how some Circles tend to take too much time, either from no damage or just no gear/general progression. Putting a limit on how many can be purchased at one time would be a necessity though and putting some niche rare items every now and then, sort of like how Goddess’ Cubes work every month or so. Items would rotate into new ones and refresh to change up the feel.

As for the milestone thing, I believe it is coming with the new balance as they will bring it with the upcoming patch. I am very open to criticism though, so please don’t hold back on what you may think if it were to be realized.