Tree of Savior Forum

Remove EXP Scaling/Penalty

I suggest to remove exp penalty. Please pardon my english as i am not fluent with it.

Pros :

Promote more party leveling( Why? gathering in group to kill a harder monster in a harder map = more reward instead of just soloing)

Makes low dps class more effective(Many people says that the exp penalty is for balancing. But imo it doesnt matter and in fact its worse for low dps classes. So when able to grind at a higher level map, “Mainstream” Dps may not be able to tank the hits from the monster, thats where tank/healer comes in) Why did i say it does not matter, Many will say because the high dps can take on these map solo too sometimes. But heres the fact. Tank getting ksed by dps like mage, archer almost everywhere. Does this slow the process of leveling for the tank? Yes it does.

Cons : as mentioned in the pros DPS will leveled alot faster than non dps class.
EXP Have to rescale from a level 1 monster to whichever the highest monster there is.( I seen tosbase most of the monster exp are only about 100-500exp no matter the level http://www.tosbase.com/database/monsters/
if it is the truth, then IMC would have to “revamp” the whole game and the exp would be something like a level 1 monster with 10exp and a level 50 monster have about 500exp and level 100 with about 1k exp, just an estimation)

Probably 1 good way not the best and efficient to make the game better.

Just my own opinion

Leeching would be activated if this happen :frowning:

^ you have a point that means the party system may have to be revamped as well :disappointed:

“low dps classes” = tank , AOE DPS, single target DPS or healer?
tweaking mob density, respawn rate and mob train max amount(cuz the max is 6 or 7 if you dont have provoke) would fix the problem.
case closed.

Game is fine as it is, people already party to kill monsters in a higher level map. Nobody solos trying to grind to 280 thats stupid. You’re probably in the pre 200 map because alemeth onwards all parties consists of a healer and a tank (if available).

If you are referring to mobs 20+ levels higher than you, you are forgetting that there is also a system where you deal decreasingly lower damage the more gap there is between your levels (until your damage per tick is only 1, and you die when he sneezes on you).