Tree of Savior Forum

Regional Servers: Euro community was been forgotten

I don’t think that’s quite the whole truth. At least I was just waiting for the announcement how they are going to deal with the possible EU server. The previous info of having to keep the founder’s packet saved in the mail box just in case for possible EU server wasn’t really tempting as there was no info how long you would be just keeping it there and not being able to get any benefits from buying it.

Now that we are getting the free server transfer, I think the problem for many players just disappeared. ~150-250ms ping sure limits on some builds but it still wouldn’t render the game unplayable in general unless there is lots of packet loss (which means you just have bad isp). I think the ping problem, while it’s still there, has been blown out of proportions.

At least I believe this game has lots of potential to become a hit after it gets polished during obt. I don’t mind not having the full potential to be the very absolute best player during my grind to end game (which will hopefully take rather long) as long as I can still be good and enjoy the game.

TL;DR: I think many didn’t buy the FPs because there was too much uncertainty whether they would lose too much in case of EU servers were added later, not because EU servers weren’t planned to exist at the beginning of obt.

1 Like

nope, not me :stuck_out_tongue: their internet must be bad.

It is always funny, how americans still think of them as the center of the world. thanks to @12ahl3 for proving nearly every bad cliché that we have about americans.

back to the matter at hand:
I made another post about my worries regarding IMCs actions regarding regional servers and i think it really ads to this discussion.
IMC already is talking about more than one server in their announcement. So this means 2+ servers but i am predicting even more. IF they launch 3+ servers there is no excuse to not host each of them regional. there are 3 hot spots: the american continent (north+south), the EU+Russia and SEA each of these 3 hotspots has between 25% and 30% . if the plan to launch 3+ servers having one in each of those 3 hotspots would mean a perfect load balance, no ghost servers and good ping for everyone (i assume the american server could be moved more to the center of the continent so everyone there gets below 100ms). Since they use aws it makes no difference for them where to launch the servers. I use AWS at work a lot and i can 100% assure you it is about 15 minutes of extra work to have the 3 servers across 3 zones instead of them all beeing in the same zone. you just need to set up your security groups accordingly and they all can be connected to the login server as if they were in the same zone.
if we only see 1 or 2 servers at EA i must admit IMC made the right choice, but if we have 3+ servers at EA then IMC is not handling this properly.

1 Like

They’ve already made their statement clear:

International Tree of Savior Staff:

We don’t care about EU market. You don’t matter to us. We looked at the market (and by market we mean the Early Access sales only at this current point in time for being on sale for about a week with no advertisement or promotion and loads of controversy) and we just don’t care. Go away. You don’t deserve a server. You need to pay us more money. Don’t like our high ping crammed servers and p2w formula? GET OUT!

Yes there’s just as much EU as there is NA but NA servers were already made and we don’t want to risk anything so we’re going with the same cheap ass servers as we did in the closed betas. It’s cheaper for us. We don’t want any risk, even if it means alienating the entire EU market for our game.

So have a 30% discount 4 weeks from now. We’ll even throw in an empty promise of a transfer. You’ll never use this transfer, because we’ll never make you a server. But hey, at least this way we can trick you to play in the NA server and waste your money for a 300 ping experience and constant lag spikes and disconnections.

4 Likes

If you think it’s pay to win, why are you even wasting your time crying for servers? Go play a game you think is better. I’ll even give you one: dungeon fighter online.