Tree of Savior Forum

Regarding the awakening changes on the KToS (Warning: also contains the salt and rage of me)

So, let me introduce myself first, I’m a returner from the from the 2016, been playing the game again for almost 2 months now. About two weeks ago. I wasted like 300 m in an attempt to get myself a +16 Masinios Staff, made 2 of them and got myself +8 and +10 staves sitting at 0 potential. I thought I was done so with the game but I continued to play it anyway. Yesterday, I just made 2 more staves in an attempt to get a +16 ones again, made it with the help of a DA to +16, it was sitting at 2 potentials and i was contented with it, I had the money to slap another DA on it which i did and it failed in an attempt to get a +17 (it was a luxury) so I was left with 1 potential, it was all good. I awakened it and got the accuracy stat which is completely useless for me, without knowing the facts that I could awaken the item again until i got the desired stat, I proceeded to socket the staff and it’s left with 0 potential where i could no longer awaken it anymore.

Anyway, what are the changes to awakening in the Korean server ? I know that alchemists can open an awakening shop now and the mechanics still hold true for the awakening (?). I know that awakening isn’t gonna really make or break anything, but it psychologically does so for me, i felt lost and didn’t feel like I can continue after I’ve finally passed through the RNG barriers that is the core mechanics for ToS (or any MMO / gacha games, really) which i strongly dislike.

PS. I still owed my guildmate 4 golden sockets which he sold to me really cheap, 60 - 70 percent cheaper than the market prices, he told me i could just pay him later. I told him, if you didn’t get paid means that I already moved on from the game. He told me, how he would give them to me for free then, I’m really thankful for that, really.

PS2. Every time I look at the accuracy stat, it reminds me of the fact that I fu*ked up

PS3. Gonna be missing my toons and the people i talked to here but i don’t really feel like playing again, to staff-kun, you made it to +16, I’m really proud of you but alas, the time we spent has been less than a day.

I hope that this awakening is not the only reason you are giving up on the game because the reason seems dumb

edit: Most people seem to no care for awakenings, I look at the trans10 weapons of many players and they don’t have awakened their weapons, very few people try to get the crit rate/p-atk for phys weapns or m-atk for magic weapons, most of them stay with the nearly insignificant 30~40ish elemental property attack.

2 Likes

I guess so, kinda burned out, idk, after i lost my resolves to not touch the anvils, I gave in, did it, got it, then proceeded to fuk up with a human error

To be honest, not being able to awaken an equipment at 0 potential is most likely an old decision (due to Awakening Stones not existing in the past) or oversight. Using Awakening Stones doesn’t consumes potential so there’s no reason to lock it to >=1 pot.

I expect this to change when coming from kTest just like we will be able to use Briquetting on Shields and Sub weapons now.

Although I think that in kTest you can’t awaken an item more than once and there was no change in the stats. So you’re pretty much at the scenario everyone will be.

The good news is that if it changes it will affect you as well, allowing you to change the awakening just like everyone else as long you use an Awakening Stone - at least I hope so.

You are not alone, many people ■■■■■■ up their items even in a worst way than you did, don’t let this affect you.

I will tell you some things I did:
-■■■■■■ my entire solmiki set trying to upgrade them and forgot to open the sockets (this before the inclusion of golden socket items) and the worst part is that I spent a lot of time awakening them till every piece get +HP awakening, so I ended up with the set mostly +5~+8 without sockets with 1000HP awakenings. Thank god I could repair this with golden anvils and golden sockets months ago, now my set is all +11 and with gems. Lesson learned, never upgrade items when you are asleep, you most likely forget things or screw things up.
-Dismantled my +18 7potential Emengard Shield by mistake, well I couldn’t get him back since IMC said they don’t have “the means to do so”(but they have this service for kTOS). But nvm, now I have a better Masinios Shield.
-About anviling luck, well you know my bad luck doesn’t stop at my solmiki set, I tried with Masinios Mace, 2x Masinios Musket and a lot of Primus weapons, I ended up buying my Masinios Mace and being happy with +11 musket.

Now I’m going through all this again with Velcoffer items, hope I have more luck this time >.<

1 Like

Well, being at 0 pot made me feel like it was over, I really hope that it’s changed somehow about it, thinking about it in the current state will just bring me depression.

That was a bug and got fixed the week after AwakeShopPatch.
We can awake as much/long as we have Potential + Stones.

Not being able to awake with Stone but 0 Pot is dumb. Only IMC knows if that is a bug or intended. Hope they’ll change that soonish.

My old 315 Weapon (back in the day when it was bis) also had 0Pot and no awakening. Annoying but not a good reason to quit… just take a break and return after a while.

3 Likes

I know it’s quite a dumb reason to nitpicking about that .8 - 1 percent more matk but you know, after I’ve gone through the RNG barriers, being tilted and lost, I finally broke through (I already mentioned that I have a strong dislike for gacha / luck based systems).

@Po 0, you can’t upgrade it more ( only Golden Anvil can)
@Po 0, you can’t sell it on the market
@Po 0, you can’t awakening it anymore.
@Po 0, the item becomes untrade-able.
@Po 0, you still can trans it but if it fail, the item will be gone

Just wait for that +1 potential item that will come in gacha
When IMC get desperate enough to sell us their cubes.

2 Likes

you can awaken more than one. they just fixed the bug.

2 Likes

I know all of those but that’s not the point here, I used the stone, I didn’t know I could re-do the awakening. I thought that was it. I socketed it. I fuked up.

Oh dear, @@, that isn’t what I’m really looking for, I would probably quit the game by then, with so many layers of RNG after layers of RNG.

if you’re new on this game. anything you don’t really know you should ask around or do research it first. and if you wanna quit because of this little thing… bye

1 Like

There was a time when I had the awakening stone (14-days) from the log calender in my inventory and I thought, well, let’s not waste it and tried to awaken a 0 pot, +12 primus staff of mine and I couldn’t, lmao.

To be honest this could be a good chance to tag someone like @STAFF_Letitia and ask for a change to allow awakening items that have 0 potential and show how we feel about it.

1 Like

It’s kinda too harsh for my taste ?, idk, I did a lot of research, just not that thing and here I am, ended up with a lot of disappointment

i remember when i come to play on 2016 my first pro weapons was the tipical ignition rod + venom. untill the 290 wepon patch i reach my agnis to +14 or +15 in that time that was OP and cost like 50kk at all if i can remember. anyway on that patch imc decrease the cost of the upgrade for first time to like 20% of the total cost at over +11 (depending on the rarity of the weapon) and i was annoying because that the only thing that i left to do was sold my agnis for like 15kk and every others players newies and olders say that it weas fine because i enjoy that weapon for a time and that is how this game are.

now i have a regar +30 and i know that if i dont hurry on get a velcoff weapon some day i will lost like 500kk if i cant sold my weapon soon
but how they say this is how the game are :tired:

Well, just because the system exists doesn’t really mean it’s a good one, that’s just my opinion, though, I wouldn’t be so upset if it wasn’t about something I strongly dislike, namely RNG, left disappointed, got through it to finally being disappointed again

edit: It was after hours and hours and hours of HG grinding

1 Like

take it easy… :smile::smile::smile::smile: