Tree of Savior Forum

Regarding Skill or Stat Reset

I know there is many threads about this but most of them are about where is it or does it exist.I’m 100% it will be in the game BUT it will cost us some real money perhaps.It doesn’t matter if you need to play silvers,Icoins or real money to reset,I would love to have 1 free reset for free per week.After that free reset with skills or stats you will have to pay for the other times on that week.I love PVE and PVP but lets say I have a Chronomancer that is build for PVP and then I got a “raid” with my guild the following day.It would be nice to have the freedom to have one free reset per week and the rest of the times you need to pay.

Both skill and stat reset are exist.
I think idea of free reset per week is too much. That’s like you can change your build every week.
And then plan of status build or skill build won’t be important any more.
Not to mention skill like craft that people will be freely switch it.

If gonna give for free then just give it for everyone only once per character or account. Since there’s too many job and skill it’s normal if we happen to mess up build once.

Free reset should only be given out if there is a major class rebalance, making your build useless. I don’t like the idea of having to pay real money for it though, so it would be better for it to be a quest+silver fee instead. That, or allow selling cash items for silver ingame.

I’ve also been thinking about something like giving a reset once you advance a class. That way you could experiment with the class as you level it, but could fix your mistakes once you advance. Otherwise people are more likely to go for “safe” options.

2 Likes

The idea of attribute reset on advance is interesting, but i think they have to make money on somewhere, and thats where it enter Reskill/Restat on CS, honestly i want to see the CS of this game turned to the side of cosmetics and utilities (stash spaces or w/e they come up to) and not stuff that give you advantage over others (xp pots, special gear/costume with + stats).

A stat reset costs 10 iCoins.
You gain 1 iCoin for each Coin Box.
You gain 1 Coin Box for each lvlup in your adventure journal.

2 Likes

That’s interesting info, @kill5link

I agree that I’d rather they make money on utilities than p2w stuff, that’s why my suggestion is probably unlikely. One is allowed to dream though.

It’s only for extend test server though. They might remove it in real server or not add in our TOS beta server.

I say that because PoE is a good example, i just dont buy more CS money from them because the dollar cost 3.5x my currency, otherwise i would have lots of weap/armor effects there, but i would gladly support ToS by buying CS cosmetics/utilities, as long as its not timed ones like Nexon loves to do lol.

Yeah it does not matter if your game is P2P or F2P enjoyment of the game should come first, plenty of games like PoE and GW2 are great examples of how a game can still make money and not lessen the fun with in game purchases.

Right now the game feels like their are so many pay walls and lots of people on steam are complaining about it and down voting the game because of it.

People don’t like pay to win and with good reason, this game as it currently is I find is still enjoyable but does feel very very greedy for my cash.

I don’t have a huge problem with paid stat resets if their not over the top expensive and of course some people will want to be able to buy them with silver. However if it ends up costing $20 AUD to stat reset and then another $20 AUD to skill reset, I will be pissed and consider leaving the game probably.

I know it’s an old thread but I’m really one of those who want a tradable skill reset potion. Or a skill reset potion free for every character (this one untradable).

Because not everybody want to copy the exact skill build of some guys on a video or on a PGM who shared his build on a forum, some people want simply to play the game, but it can lead to a bad skill build, and I think reseting it once is normal when you understand more the way it works.

But reseting it every week should be buyable with silver or with TP but a bit cheaper cause here it’s very expensive for something needed by almost