Tree of Savior Forum

Recent Sorcerer Card Testing?

Hi! I’ve been away from the game for a while, and I posed this question in the big Summoner thread in guides, but has any testing been done on other Grimoire cards besides the most popular ones (Froster Lord, Marnox, super expensive Ignas, etc.)?

• What makes a good Sorcerer summon in Tree of Savior 2020? (SFR % and cooldowns? a good AA?)
  • Are there summons that suddenly become much better with the new Art that allows them to autocast (or the opposite)?

I understand that the population has probably dwindled a lot from 2018, so answers to these are probably not super readily available. All the more reason I think we should talk about it!

Population is higher than 2018 at the moment.

The exact specific summons they buffed to be usable and nothing else.

Marnox
Zaura
Netherbovine
Froster Lord
Gorkas
Templeshooter
Ignas

All summons but these are very weak in comparison.

Marnox gets far worse, Froster Lord gets a lot better.

The art is good in some situations and bad in others, it ideally shouldn’t be used all the time.

1 Like

Whoa, really? That’s hard to believe, but I’ll take your word for it.

They only buffed that small amount. That…explains a lot. Like why I don’t see anyone trying to sell other cards. That’s such a small list… :grimacing:

I’m playing a hybrid Wizard, so I use spells to fill the gaps where I would normally be Riding. In that sense, the Art is actually freeing up a lot of my time (but also limits me to cards that take advantage of it).

It still ultimately results in a damage decrease, especially for bosses. Riding boosts damage further than the art, summons are extremely inconsistent with their skill usage & easy to interrupt, and multiple summons require precise positioning to maximize damage. It’s an option, and probably ideal for your build, but it comes with caveats.

1 Like