Tree of Savior Forum

Recent kToS patch and theorycrafting a Wiz3/Pyro3

So it’s still to be seen whether or not iToS will get the buff to Hell Breath that gives the +50% damage debuff, but if it does (and I have to assume it’ll come at some point), what are peoples thoughts of a Wiz3/Pyro 3 over a Wiz/Ele cookie cutter build? For the last rank, I’m actually thinking of waiting for rank 8 and going Ele 2 for the fire explosion attribute for even more synergy.

Thoughts?

link with this info about pyro changes?

1 Like

It drains too much SP in my opinion. Nice buff, but the skill is easy to cancel. You would be forced to use surespell quite often before using Hell Breath.
Its doable though, if it hits its nice damage.

1 Like

As a C3 Pyromancer I didn’t take Hell Breathe at all because everything about it in it’s current state seems very underwhelming, it’s damage isn’t great, and it eats SP like crazy.

However depending in how long said debuff lasts on enemies I could see this making the skill worthwhile.

Got a link to patch notes? I’m very curious about said changes.

Fireball is too annoying to use. I was leveling a Pyro and it was awesome for solo play. But in Dungeons, people kicking away your fireball makes the skill pointless. ( I know you can place the fireball in places where they stay locked, on organized groups it’s not so bad )

I don’t think Pyro 3 AoE is weaker overall. If they fix Fireball, maybe this build could be bettter.

I will still think Wiz/Ele is better, it give you more flexibility of cast and go, the downtime you can do something else for rank7+
Pyro require you fix casting Hell Breath the status (50% fire dmg) chance is still quite random.

Link to patch is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4frb0i/ktos_had_a_pretty_amazing_patch_today/

I guess the question comes down to how often Hell Breath can proc it’s debuff, and how long said debuff lasts. If anyone has seen/tried this in kToS, i’d be really interested if they could share the results.