Tree of Savior Forum

Really Bad Rubberbanding

Every few seconds my character rubberbands back to its prior location .5 seconds before. The Regularity of the issue makes me think its some setting, Other online games are perfectly fine, fps’s mobas and mmos

Date and Time(Please, specify the timezone) : 4:10 2/20/19 EST

Server Name:NA Klaipeda

Team Name: Garan

Character Name: Sajeel

Bug Description :
(letting us know what you were doing before, during, and after the bug happened will help us a lot)

Steps to reproduce the issue :
1)
2)
3)
4)

Screenshots / Video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TbmLvse580&feature=youtu.be

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) :

System

• CPU : Intel I7
  • RAM : 8gb
  • Graphics Card : GTX970
  • Mainboard :
  • Storage :
  • Internet Connection : Verison FIbre
  • Country, Region :USA East Coast

This is a common problem when your IC is unstable. You don’t see the problem in other MMOs because they refresh the position of your character from the client. In ToS, they do the opposite: they refresh the position of your character from the server. So if your connection fails for a short duration (<1s), next time the server sends a refresh packet it will “reposition” your character at the position at which it was saved before. And if it happens often, you will have the impression of warping back in time constantly because all movement on the client is discarded.

My IC is stable my ping is 18-23 on average. I think my ports might need to be configured but I honestly cant remeber how any of that works as its been several years since I have had any sort of issue

With other games I know you somtimes have to change modem ports. I’ve done that in the past many years ago following online guides, but I can’t find any for this game, nor do I even know if thats the problem. This is my ping over a decent span of time Minimum = 11ms, Maximum = 24ms, Average = 13ms not enough to have this massive of lag

Added a video

My ping is usually 5-6ms with constant FPS of 120. Doesn’t prevent from having the same problem. Just open Task Manager and check your Ethernet or Wifi connection on the Resource tab. I’m sure you will see some little “holes” here and there that last a very short time but are enough for the game to miss an update on the character’s location. Then the server will reposition the character as the location on the client is discarded for the location that was saved on the server before the missed update.