Tree of Savior Forum

Re:unbalance and the Scout mistake?

been honestly I’m disapointed on the way that this “Re:build” its taking. first its break the lore on the game, one of the only good things in the game, and also its look more like “a balance” on the class system than a rework on the it. like if IMC knows that they made several mistakes on the power balance in the last patches but they are just hidden that mixing the class in a blender and serving it to us like something new.

and to end the biggest mistake in this balance its the implementation of a class focused on 1h weapons because actually make a weapon t10+20 its a hugh waste of time and make a class who needs at least 3 weapons to figth equally against others with only one 2h weapon its a mess

I know that maybe this will be changed and also I said that this kind of changes on the class system will take us to a hugh balance and maybe to a gearing feature rework too. but I’m not worryed about what things will be changes I’m worried on how much things IMC will need to change, because the more they have to change the more they will give us glitched and bugged.

Honestly this looks fun, i hadn’t played this game since end of 2016 or early 2017 because the huge balance problem since the insertion of the transcend system ( i don’t really know if is still overtuned as before) and the gatcha cubes ( i hated that i needed to play lottery to roll the glamour item that i wanted) ops i almost forgot the sorcerer/necro bots, the huge silver sink in attributes and the lack of class direction (mostly all where only focused on dps) and with this re:builds they’re fixing quite a lot, no longer clerics will be an inmortal dps class, swordsman are getting a lot tankier ( and maybe we can actually have a true tank), pvp classes will no longer be best at everything as before which indicate that the game will evolve in both directions ( they announced a guild rework) and the rebalance of p2w stuff that are made to fight rmt in the game (since they mentioned that the dmg of upgrades and weapons will be lower).

1 Like

The issue I see with balance patches in ToS is that it seems like there is 1 person or the same group of people in charge of it and it has been shown in the last few months and years.

There are certain classes, synergies, restrictions, etc. in place that always remain the same no matter what. Shop classes are pigeon-holed into their roles and there is no real effort made into making them viable as dps, support or tank, so they get lackluster attack skills with no real uniqueness to them. The majority of swordsman and archer classes remain with heavy weapon and mount restrictions on skills making build diversity simply not possible.

Now a majority of skills and attributes have been deleted with rebuild of ktest, but we’re still left with a lot skills from the beta days that have never been good in the first place like thrust, stomping kick, spear throw, energy bolt, embowel, etc. It seems like not much creativity was put into them and they remain in the game just for the sake of having them around and they progressively get worse by having attributes get taken away from them.

All in all, most classes still don’t have many skills to play around with, because they’re simply not useful as attack skills, have no syngery with other skills / classes, or any interesting effect that makes them worthwhile. There seems to be a stuck mindset with the developers on how balance should be done that hinders the players, takes the fun away and doesn’t allow for much freedom in decision making.

I’ll still keep an eye on the ongoing ktest updates, because things still change daily.

there is nothing wrong with making dinner out of old meals :blush:

1 Like

why would shop classes ever be viable as dps, what an absurd complaint

4 Likes

People too attached to the RO mindset.

I mean it’s one of those things I’d say are nice to have, but not mandatory, and from a design perspective I can see why they don’t want shop classes to be completely independent (and also why they want only one shop up per account at a time).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.