Tree of Savior Forum

Re:Build Wizard, Solo CM5

He means that now you can take 2 Circles of Pyro and 1 Circle of Pyro before you can even take Sorcerer. 2 Circles of Pyro gives you Flame Ground, Fire Pillar, Flare, Fireball, Fire Wall, Entchant Fire while 1 Circle of Cryo gives you Ice Wall, Ice Bolt and the amazing Ice Pike also while giving you the class masteries on top of it (higher freeze chance with cryo, resistances, ec.).
With the new System you get 3 classes at Circle 3, thus you can’t pick “1 Circle wonders” anymore to such an extent.

1 Like

in addition to what @chamaeleonx said, if you take both Pyro and Cryo, you won’t have any room for stronger classes like Onmyoji or Shadowmancer or whatever former late rank classes. Also, have you seen the nerfs to Pyro? I personally think it’s no longer worth taking. Sorc class alone is severely lacking like always, especially so with only 2 other classes now and less SPR.

If you take both Sorc and Necro, you only have 1 class left which means you will rely completely on your summons because that 1 class’s skills just isn’t enough, you won’t have enough skills compared to now. And no more support filler classes, no Thaum, no Linker, etc.

TLDR; “summon with fillers” and “summon as filler” meta is dead. Either you go full summoner and abandon any DPS, or go full DPS which Wizard is basically now.

There’s one build that seems to fit what you’re describing though, Bokor-Sorc-FF.

use zombify and hex to easily apply debuffs for double kundela hits, and alternate it with effigy to have 2 core low cd dps skills. Fly fast with levitate and samadiveve and have a trail of zombies follow you too if bwa kayiman ends up as a decent skill. In challenge mode or general pve you’ll have access to zombie bombs while against bosses you’ll have bone pointing for easy hexing-effigy spam to kind of fill in the weaknesses of either classes

Sorc doesn’t have any direct skill synergies but it will be your core summon class. It does provide heals for zombies with salamion though and you get 3 dark spells that will benefit from curse damage multiplier.

Oh ok get it. Would it be a good choice though to go for full summon Sorc-Nec-Bokor?

i will try sorc necro shadow… if will be bad will switch into sorc lock shadow :< my other wizz will be ele for sure, and cryo pyro or lock omni or cryo lock… something like that, still confusing with those new circles ;/

I have a character that will go this route, Bokor, Necro, Sorcerer. Its a flavor character but I am also interested how it is gonna work in the end. Of course I will be lacking a lot of direct damage but you have to resummon your Skeletons more often now and Sorcerer has a few skills you can use.

@Kihseki
I will for sure do something close to that as well, maybe a dark summoner as well.
Featherfoot has a self-heal option as well I believe.

I think the new system will get better once we get more classes eventually/hopefully and maybe even a 4th class choice at the end.

@insertwhateveraddres
As said above, I will go full summoner on one character for sure. I will loose Cryo, which will be a bad but I will just have to adjust my gameplay.

Not just new classes or additional class slots, it’s also possible that when they increase the level cap they add new attributes for specific skills too since some attributes have a base level requirement to learn now.

And yeah for that build you get self sustain and I forgot to mention but sorc cat buffs will also grant much needed AoE ratio for FF skills so the build really has good chemistry overall.

found a necro version in action, i think it functions close to sorc

i like how you can levitate like an overlord and watch as your goons beat the ■■■■ out of the mobs bellow lol

2 Likes

Legit question: are u guys that “forever alone” to consider having such amount of troubles soloing a content made for a group of 5?

Where is the social aspect of the game? No wonder it got harder.

doing solo challenge means you get all the silver and drops for yourself though, so blame it on bad party share loot/silver system giving incentive for solo play

@yodish92
I already play sorc FF right now, I actually wanted necro instead of bokor initially because of shoggoth pretty much being a walking debuff lol. Will definitely play around with these classes, especially after they finalize the balance.

1 Like

So given that you would probably go Sorc, Necro, FF where FF functions as survival and slight damage option?
I think the cat buff is a tad too expensive for solo play, but that is just my opinion.
Some demons are poison based as well if that is something to think about.

@yodish92
That certainly is an option, especially as some Necro stuff does poison damage as well and could fit the theme a bit more.

@pedro_h_g_alexandre
I personally do solo challenge modes when I level and don’t plan on doing a group challenge mode that day. Maybe I have other stuff to do or simply want to grind alone, thus me using my ID alone for the day. Don’t think it is all so strange and sometimes you just want to challenge yourself and your build to see how far you can go in challenge mode on the different maps.

Don’t forget that cat buff speeds up sp regen too so you can actually save some money from sp pots. I’m not sure if it’s enough after re:build though, whether it can win against overwork attribute and also the effigy-dambala-kundela spamming if going bokor-sorc-ff.

As for demons afaik most of them don’t actually use the correct element, like frosterlord actually doing mostly non-elemental magic damage and has no ice damage at all. I hope they fix that with re:build somehow, and I’m also hoping the demons themselves are balanced to some extent too and is not just a direct conversion of their current stats. Well aside from that there’s also Ignas to look forward to as a new summon, though obtaining the legend card is a different matter altogether.

Well, currently, if you are a full summoner, you simply don’t care about any SP. I only run out of SP if there is a mob that drains it, otherwise I am always full or nearly full SP no matter what I spam. Helps that you get regeneration of like 2k-3k.
Sidenote: Now that pure SPR is gone the Sorcerer Attribute that gives you more SP regen actually could be useful. xD
They probably forgot to change Overwork SP drain and now you can’t use it anymore as you run out of SP in like seconds. XD XD

I agree, they need to change a lot of summons and buff a lot more to make a diverse playstyle possible. I don’t see how they can’t do this in like a few days. Even upping the stats and attack values a bit would do wonders to make other demons viable. Some demons are like 500-700 attack behind others on level 1 cards. Don’t even talk about defense values.
A demon choice should be due to playstyle, offense and defense and not which currently new released card is “Best in Slot”… .

1 Like

I’m thinking of going full summoner for my sub char it wont be my main. Still deciding about my main whether a pure “element” build aka Ele-Rune-Onmyo will work

1 Like

I will go full summoner and have a Fire Char as the next highest after that. I only have 5 chars but they are all relatively high that I can pick 2 full classes already, which will make it interesting when Re:Build comes out.

I wouldn’t give up my Marnonmyoji after all the fun I had with that build. I need to figure out which class to replace Thauma so the build stays playable…

Can never do CM5 without Bwa Kayiman :3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.