Tree of Savior Forum

Re:Build questions

Hello

It’s been a few months since I played last time ( I dropped out around April I think) and with coming tree changes I’m thinking about coming back, but I have a question first:

a) If I understand correctly, the new tree system will allow me to pick my most desired classes right away? Like, With swordie I’ll be able to go for Doppel at r2 when normally the earliest I could get him at r6?

b) This is more of a theorycraft - very excited for the new Scout branch, as it basically packs my 3 favorite classes in one tree: BM, Corsair, SR. And while I think that picking these 3 would make me a farm machine, they don’t really synergise well with each other. We lose QS, so no more Moving Shot. Corsair has only Pillaging and QaD (but it’s an awesome pistol skill so I’m glad it’s finally back with other pistol users). SR… Well, nothing to say much, it’s a solid class in itself.

So the problems start here. I wanna pick Cors and SR, that takes care of farming potential. I’d pick BM but as I said, no Moving Shot makes it kinda pointless to have in this setup (my fave Archer build is still QS-Wugu-BM). So from what I saw in the pic:

I guess the best option here is Thaumaturge for Swell skills.

So my pick would be (in order) Sco1-SR3(main class of the build)-Thau3-Cor3,

Does that make any sense? Any ideas for builds centered on BM?

a) Yes, the only exception is hidden classes wich are unlocked at r3
Also, in general you can only choose 3 classes for now (without counting the base tree class, in this case archer), however you get all 3 circles for each (so in this case you start with archer 3)

b) No idea if your build is good or not
As for BM builds, BM & SR goes well together afaik so picking these 2 should be a good start

Well, I picked those because:

SR: Fast AA with spread. I honestly never use Retreat Shot and any other skills, maybe occasional Marching Shot.

Corsair: I’m basically picking it for Pillaging buff and QaD. Coupled with Limacon this smells like awesome farming potential.

Thau: Just for Swell Left & Right. Without Featherfoot, Linker-Thau combo loses it’s farming potential since after Swell Body there’s no nuke to quickly finish off the empowered mob.

I never tried SR-BM, but from hat I know, BM’s best 3 skills: DGS, RIP and Bloody Overdrive cannot be used while mounted.

Unless, I could ditch Thau and treat SR/BM as equal main classes and use SR for mobs and BM for single target.

PS Any idea when the Re:Build comes out?

Caracole one-shots linked+swelled groups. And with a good enough weapon, Retreat shot and marching fire also kill them super fast

My bad. But I still want either BM/SR+Corsair :stuck_out_tongue:

I would advise you to play around with the new skill simulator: https://tos.guru/ktest/simulator

Scout>Corsair>BM>SR is defenitely possible, since Corsair received a 2nd buff skill that increases pierce and pistol attacks. BM buff skills and some attack skills work while mounted, so your main dmg for this build would come from SR in the end.

1 Like

Oh sweet, thanks! I was wondering if there is a skill sim for the re:build. I’m gonna play with it a and will post my results in a bit.

EDIT:

Ok here’s what I came up with (pardon the mistakes but I had to use a lot of Google Translate): SR/BM/Cor

For Scout, I just got Oblique Shot and buffs.

For SR, I got the usual, with the difference that Retreat Shot’s max level will be 10, so I put the remaining points into Caracole.

For BM, I’m gonna need help, because I don’t know which skills to put points into. I allocated them as they are, but I can’t decide between Silver vs Freezing Bullet. I never used SB but the freezing chance coupled with Limacon seems like a neat idea.

For Corsair, Hexen Dropper is usable from a mount, WOOT! Remaining points into flag, not sure if it still has a minor aggro effect.

As for stat points, I pumped all into DEX.

you have the right idea first with Thaum + Corsair for a SR. Gives you pillaging and a big damage boost from Corsair and then Thauma boosts stat a ton and not only adds Swell Body but more importantly Swell Brain which increases loot chance by 500. Which is a lot, your typical piece of good loot chance gear gives 100-150, when you count the loot chance gem as well.

As for a BM build. Enchanter is the big obvious choice. It gives the ability to block, more MS, Enchant Lightning, +5 to your pistol, and if it’s possible that they may eventually fix it so lightning hands works during DGS which means an additional line on your auto attacks.

The other two choices depend on goal, I plan to World Boss and PvP (potentially) with this character so for my third choice I picked Corsair, pillaging, missle damage and the flag are again all great just like they were for SR but in addition to that you get hook.

Another class that initially seemed really good and I hope it will be in the future is Squire. Currently Rebuild Squire is the worst class in the game, it does nothing but provide food and shops so making a Squire that reaches rank 3 is entirely pointless.

However in the current version of the game, Squire has somethings that would help out my Rebuild build quite a bit. Since BM is being moved to Scout it loses Running Shot which is a huge hit to it. Luckily it has it’s own version of Running Shot. Unfortunately the duration of BM Running Shot was not increased in Rebuild, it lasts a terrible 10 seconds with a 30 second CD and high cast time. So having the current Squire in Rebuild would allow you to not only make your Enchanter buffs 15 minutes and your Silver Bullets 1:30 it would allow you to make your Outrage(Running Shot) over 30 second duration, giving it 100% up time vs a World Boss and not completely ■■■■■■■ over the class.

There is a Squire rework coming so it’s a thing to look out for as an alternative to Corsair.

In my opinion, it really depends what you are trying to farm.

For CM solo farming, Corsair-BM-SR will be great.
But for HG, while still viable, its just not as effective as Link-Thaum-SR, or even Link-Thaum-BM.

And about your skill distribution:
-Corsair’s flag and Quick&Dead dismount will be very, very annoying. Unless you have the xmas sled(which cant die and can be mounted from far away)
-Put 5 points into Silver bullets. They aren’t always useful, but when you are in a map with dark-type mobs, you will surely feel the difference in dps. (I’d reduce 5 points from Tase)
-Put 1 point into Tracer, it’s attribute gives +15% crit rate (Again, I’d reduce from Tase)

And just a few important things I’d like to point out:
-Swell Brain is even more awesome because it has an enhance attribute. Costs 103m to max, but increases the Loot chance bonus to 800. Each LC point = +0.1% drops, so maxed attribute Brain gives +80% drops
-Corsair’s Pillage cant give you unidentified items. (Makes pillage much less valuable in my opinon)
-Linker drastically reduces the amount of investment you need to farm well. If you dont have a good pistol, take this in consideration.

I really hope they bring back the buff duration increase effect, otherwise squire is 99% dead. Not even the food with be worth much anymore, since they will only last 30min or so.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.