Tree of Savior Forum

Re: Build New synergy ideas to make more viable builds

With the removal of what i feel like where two core classes of the wizard tree, Linker and Thaumaturge, there are some classes without enough synergy with the rest to make a viable build. For the most part there are the cases where damage is the problem, shadowmancer for example, but there are some classes where it seams like it would enhance a certain build, sage’s “duplicate” and “enlarge magic circle” attributes for example, but they actually do not work properly.
What a i want with this post is to theorize new synergy ideas or a way to fix pre-existing ones.

Ex.: Pyro > Sage
they way i see sage is that its suposed to be a utility class with a potent nuke ( Hole of Darkness), you would use Micro Dimension and Ultimate Dimension to enhance the pyromancer estationary damage, and use blink to gather enemies (with Dimension Compression as well).But…

°The duplicated Fireball comes too far away from where you cast the originals

° Ultimate Dimension: Enlarged Magic Circle is not enough of a boost to Flame Ground, i feel like the effect should increase the damage or the duration of magic circles (either you change the attribute or add a new one to complement).

°And sage skills should do more damage, not to the point where it would turn sage into a DPS, but to make it feel rewarding to use them at least .

There are other classes like FF and Shadowmancer that are in need of some rebalance, what do you guys think?

P.s.: Overall i’m very satisfied with rebuild, and i’m not trying to imply that IMC did a bad job with the update, but i still think it could be improved through balancing to make more builds viable and making the game more fun as consequence.

I would love to see rework with Featherfoot, not just having more synergy with other classes, but also improve on the skills. At the moment, it neither has the single target DPS nor the AOE to compete with other classes

• Kundela Slash should be more of a slash rather than a simple poke. This makes it easier to hit enemies and also give Featherfoot some AOE. Also, make it such that it triggers 2 hits after 1 debuff instead of 1
  • Enervation is great now that it has lower CD and you can use it more often. But it would be better if either the skill factor increases, or let more hits apply. Make it like a giant magic circle like zombify and causes mobs who enter the circle receive the debuff. Let the magic circle last for around 5 - 10 seconds.
  • No one really ever use Blood Sucking for DPS, and it would be more viable to reduce the CD so that Featherfoot can heal themselves better. To compensate for the reduction of CD, reduce the damage done by Blood Sucking
  • Make Kurdaitcha a buff rather than a channeling skill. Make it a 5 - 7 second buff that leaves footprints on the floor, so that Featherfoot can use other skills.
  • To me the highlight of Featherfoot is its Curse. Thus, having more synergy with other classes affects by Curse would be a good way to make Featherfoot viable. At the moment, I’m not sure what Curse actually does. I read it was supposed to increase dark property damage last time but now I’m not sure.
  • Make Featherfoot attacks “dark” instead of poison. Currently poison have zero synergy with any class at all.

Chronomancer

• Usually you pair this with other DPS so that you can Pass your high CD skills. It is mostly used for Pass. Reincarnate is a nice bonus but it doesn’t make the class.
  • Make slow a giant magic circle (around AOE like Pass) that slows enemies that enter. Slow currently have synergy with Sage skills but the CD of slow makes it unreliable. Making it a magic circle can make it more reliable as it stays for a while and also make it better in CM/ET whereby you need to stay at a spot for long period of time.
  • New skill - Accelerate. Fast forward the time of magic circles in area. Basically creates a magic circle, which causes wizard magic circle skills (not sure if they are magic circles but Flame Ground/Fire Pillar/Frost Pillar/Toyou etc etc) to have shorter intervals between their ticks. For instance, skills which tick every 0.5 seconds will be 0.3/0.4 seconds instead when cast in Accelerate. This makes them better in party and also create synergy with other classes

Shadowmancer

• This class honestly is pretty weak now. Shadow Thorn is good single target DPS, but other than that the other skills are not really strong. Either a damage buff or a cd reduction. Honestly I’m not really sure what to do with the other skills

Warlock

• Make Ghastly Trail such that it automatically collects all the spirits and make them circle around you. This makes it much easier to use and you can use Evil Sacrifice to retarget them easier.

Just look at the TOS Class Build Ranking and you will see these Featherfoot, Shadowmancer and Warlock are so underplayed.

2 Likes

It would be wiser to make those class stand out on their own instead of turning them into great classes slaves. Pyro doesn’t need more help, sage doesn’t deserve to become yet another pyro buffer.

Rune Caster:
-Increase damage of Rune of Rock
-Enable all skills to be used with Rune of Giants. Increase character’s AoE defense ratio.
-2 OH for Rune of Justice
-Turn Rune of Ice back into a buff, that turns all your no-property skills into Ice Property, and give them low chances of freezing.

Sage:
-Let Micro Dimension and Ultimate Dimension hit as many targets as they hit (no AoE or target limit)
-Turn Ultimate Dimension into a charging skill and increases its radius with charging time, which similar to dimension compression, can’t be shorted by any means (rod mastery and quick cast)
-Fix Duplicate (let it duplicate more instances) and Enlarged Magic circle (50% increase)
-Let blink image channel your channeling skills instead of you
-Give Dimension Compression an attributte that confuses targets pulled in by this skill.
-New skill: Wisdom. Let you use your last used skill again. The skill level is the same as the lowest between your original skill and Wisdom skill level.
-New skill: Overlap Dimension. Bring the AU versions of monsters hit by the magic circle from another dimension. This AU monsters have the same properties as the originals.

I agree that tying sage to pyromancer is not a good direction to the game, pyro already has the damage and synergy that it needs, it’s almost a stand alone class in that regard, being a class that can have a spot in almost any build right now. What i was giving was only a example of how to improve sage’s synergy, given that IMC clearly had an intention of pairing those two (the demonstration of sage’s “duplicate” being with “fireball”). My intention is that sage becomes a great enhancer to installments and magic circles users in the wizard tree, while also being able to CC with blink.

With all that said… Sage definitely needs to shine for itself, it has the tools to be a good class on its own, yet i think it is not being handled properly, sage shows a lot of potential with it concept and attributes.

Sage:

1. Give Dimension Compression a new attribute, rooting enemies in place for 2 seconds after getting pulled (this makes landing AoE skills like Fire Pillar easier). Does not apply in PVP.

2. Buff “Ultimate Dimension: Enlarged Magic Circle”. A 10% range increase that increases SP consumption by 30% isn’t just worth it.

3. Give Hole of Darkness a new attribute. After casting the skill, there is a 50% chance to make enemies more vulnerable to Sage spells for 8 seconds (applies after the hole dissipates). Works somewhat similar to Lethargy.

4. Buff Micro Dimension: Duplicate. We all know it’s trash that increases your SP consumption by 30%. Wasted synergy opportunity.

5. Give Sage a special attribute (similar to Pyro’s Staff Mastery: Fire and Sorc’s SP Recovery).

Elementalist:
-Enhance attribute for Fire Claw
-Give Fire Claw an attribute to knockdown enemies. Increase cooldown in 10s if attribute is active.
-Reduce Stone Curse cooldown. Increase targets

Featherfoot:
-Add an attribute that allows Blood Sucking to recover past your max HP. The extra health will vanish over time or when receiving damage. Using Blood Sucking while Hallucination is active will recover its HP as well.
-Bring Blood Curse back. Consumes Hallucination’s HP if it is active.
-Levitate as a 5 level skill. Max level make you levitate for 40s.
-Add an attribute that allows Blood Bath to spread dark and poison related debuffs affecting the enemy through its blood. 5 level min requirement.
-Kurdaitcha’s footprints don’t vanish when hitting enemies and last longer. When “drawing” a circle with kurdaitcha, the enemies caught inside it will be affected by a strong curse which inflicts extra dark damage when hit by dark and poison property skills.

Shadowmancer
-Enemies hit by Shadow Condensation lose their shadows for 2sec*skill level. Enemies with no shadows can’t be affected by shadowmancer skills, but have their AoE defense ratio reduced to 1

Warlock
-Turn Gastly Trail into a buff. The effects are the same, but you don’t have to channel the skill anymore. Max it at level 10
-Bring Drain back. Turn it into a buff that fire the absorbed spirits with your basic attacks. The damage is the same as the absorbed spirits. 1 level skill.
-Invocation attribute that generates Evil Spirits when bokor Zombies explodes.
-Invocation and Dark Theurge damage are affected by SPR.
-Enemies (except bosses) try to run away from Pole of Agony. Every target that stays inside the pillar (through some CC or for not running away, like a boss monster or player) receive an additional 5% per tick damage from it. The longer it stays inside, the more damage it receives. If enemies are brought back inside by Backmasking, the effect does not refresh, it continues from where it took off. The effect counts for every PoA skill hitting the target

Necromancer (very obvious remarks)

• allow us trough attributes to cast 5 summons at same time. Casting one by one is boring. Maybe not in early days but later sure, like level 350 prerequisite.
  • allow all minions to gather corpses on Kill, not only skeleton skull.
  • increase duration of mage skulls to 300 seconds (casting 5 at same time also solves this but they need to also gather corpses on kill).
  • Give minions knock back immunity trough attributes. Having to buy a very expansive necklace(rangovas) to make the build viable is nonsense, it’s wrong!!!
  • I have no idea if my minions are still alive. A stackable buff with the number of minions alive must solve this. Eg. I summoned 5 magic skills, so a icon with 5 stacks will be give to me while they are active.
  • Make change of maps without losing minions standard.

Bokor

• allow trough attributes to recover 100% zombies after using dambala.
  • Give minions knock back immunity trough attributes. Having to buy a very expansive necklace(rangovas) to make the build viable is nonsense, it’s wrong!!!
  • Give back the skill where zombies walks in circle by thenselves.
  • I have no idea if my minions are still alive. A stackable buff with the number of minions alive must solve this. Eg. I summoned 8 zombies, so a icon with 8 stacks will be give to me while they are active.
  • Make change of maps without losing minions standard.

Socerer

• I would like to see salamion having more Aoe damage, like casting a fire ring.

Cryomancer

• new skill: creates an ice statue that also agro enemys and explodes if damaged.
  • combo of ice bolt with tornado.
  • a new attribute to cast ice wall faster and full compact, making it very useful to combos.

Warlock

• More Aoe curses.
  • Summon mini demons like imp from world of warcraft lol.