Tree of Savior Forum

Re: Build Magic DPS

What do you guys think would be the best build for magic DPS? Share your ideas please.

After playing it around a bit, I think Cleric-Sadhu-Plague-Exorcist has the best stat and skill combination. Good attacking skills but at the same time good healing ability. Very high INT and SPR.

https://tos.guru/ktest/simulator?build=eyJqb2JzIjpbIkNoYXI0XzEiLCJDaGFyNF82IiwiQ2hhcjRfMjAiLCJDaGFyNF8xNCJdLCJza2lsbHMiOnt9LCJzdGF0cyI6eyJDT04iOjAsIkRFWCI6MCwiSU5UIjowLCJTUFIiOjAsIlNUUiI6MH0sInZlcnNpb24iOjJ9

Edit: deleted false info

Err actually the site was made by @rjgtav1 and you can find it pinned somewhere, imc even announced it too.

You probably weren’t meaning any harm though so its allg

how come you didnt figure it out although its on the web footer lol.

I am not the creator. The creator is Rjgtav.
I think gexmnlin13 means they saw this link from one of my posts.

topic:
Best magic dps should include diev in my opinion. Owl statue’s AoE is just too strong right now.

Well I mean he said ‘provided’ so probably Greyheim provided the skill sim to him as in he linked the site somewhere and then he saw it. That doesn’t mean he really meant to say that Greyheim created the site. :blush:

Yea I’m an idiot… I saw a post from greyhiem linking the skill simulator…

Magic DPS is only Krivis>Sadhu>Exorcist.

All other builds are not viable DPS-wise.

Divine Stigma does more damage than Incineration + Plague Vapors combined.

Krivis also offers damage buff, crit buff and accuracy buff.

Stats aren’t that important actually, the +5% part only affects a tiny amount (400 base matk for clerics for example). No idea if that’s intended though.

Spr is still important if you wish to scale buffs or owls, dex potentially for atk speed scaling on chaplains and con for hp ofc. But that’s about it cleric wise.

And I just don’t know yet.

• Chaplain’s Build Capella is a solid boost to holy dmg so I’d expect chap/exo to become a decent combination. If a bit boring.
  • Carve owl is rather overpowered atm, but I don’t yet know enough about ausrine to know the best way to build it. And it’s technically full spr.
  • Miko’s Kagura is also tempting but I need to see if it affects ongoing effects or if it is support only.
  • Druid and Zealot for the dmg boosts is also an option ofc.

@Umineko:
DS can’t be pandemic’d right?
Because Pardoner should be able to extend it to 30s with ease now.

And DS got nerfed already: http://tos.nexon.com/ts/notice/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=242

OK I see, so basically sadhu-exorc are needed for magic DPS, last spot is still up to debate?

What if I want a more balanced build? I’m thinking about priest.

I believe that cleric focused on damage died, even because the other classes do more damage. The great advantage of the cleric was to have the ability to heal a group in the base class that added to the other healing class could sustain a group in any content of the game, and still had ranks to add classes focused on damage. But with only 3 classes to choose from, if you want to be a healer you will need at least 2 classes to heal, leaving only 1 class left to focus on damage.

Ok well, doesn’t need to be focused on DPS. I’m more interested in a balanced build to be honest. I like the idea that cleric tree deals less damage than others but has better survival.

I’m considering going kabba-chap-exo for an all rounder cleric.

Kabba still has a passive +20% matk from using rod (afaik it doesn’t change your attacks to projectile anymore) so it’s a simple build based on capella rubric, with some auto attacks on downtime. The healing is a bit on the low end though only having tree of sephiroth.

Druid could probably replace chap or kabba too (leaning more towards replacing chap cause low dex stat spread), though the only thing I don’t really like about it is chortasmata turning stuff to plant type.

Kabbal still has the SP recovery attribute? If it does it is definitely my style XD

no SP recovery unfortunately, but the movespeed boost if you go full cloth is still there. Tbh looking back at the classes there seems to be a decent amount of choices for cleric. Diev looks good even without miko, divine stigma is also a solid dps booster etc.

If anything it’s healing which seems to be a bit restricting as far as class choices go, but I think it’s fair. Either get a pure healer in your party or have two clerics with at least one healing class each to keep the party healthy. Maybe have everyone stock up on potions too and move on from the old meta of only having one healer to make every content a breeze.

No SP recovery huh…

Divine Stigma debuff duration is already 30 seconds so you already have 100% uptime on the debuff damage.

By the way, when doing the math after the SFR reduction it’s still ~ equal damage if we max Divine Stigma and compare it to maxed Plague Vapors & maxed Incineration.

Heal got nerfed so it just sustains the Cleric, not a group.
Players have to utilize their base Class skills to avoid or reduce damage if they are keen on face-tanking or actively try to minimize the damage taken so they can survive on pots alone.

No, because unless they have high evasion already, they will take more hits and thus damage on average by staying inside the AoE of Chortasmata. I don’t think the skill can outheal so much damage taken any longer.

Tree of Sephiroth is enough healing outside of potion consumption when the gear level is high enough for the content you’re participating in.

As it’s not based on your stats but solely on the HP of the target, allowing a maximum of 225% HP recovered, I can’t see how that is anything short of being enough for eventual cases that require attention of the Cleric (e.g. the Velcoffer Gargoyle utilizing its suction&damage attack).

I think the biggest issue ahead for magic DPS is that there are way less possibilities to reduce magic defense [no more spiritual link] in the game now.
Demons have the highest magic defense modifier in the game and provide the majority of boss monsters in endgame content, followed by beast type with the lowest magic defense modifier in the game.

So on the one hand you will have it easier against Boruta, Asio Mage and Velcoffer, on the other hand harder against the Demon Lords and Ignas [i.e. the new lvl 389 raid boss].

If we consider this, pure magic DPS on Cleric is heavily crippled in several endgame scenarios.

By low end I was referring to the downtime of the skill and not the amount healed. Tree of sephiroth can heal your party sure but it has a downtime of 30 seconds and that probably won’t be enough for CM if you’re the only healer. As for druid it’s a theory craft on weighing in between its utility vs. the straightforward holy damage boost from chaplain, don’t count it out already when there’s plenty of opportunities to test and make a better informed choice when the update comes.

Also I’m entertained by how you think magic dps cleric is crippled while you also disregard the concerns of musketeers. You’re exhibiting quite an intense tunnel vision that it’s becoming troublesome for discussion, you’ve even completely left out that most demons are weak to holy anyway to exaggerate your point.

Only the tooltip description was updated, actual duration is still 15s for debuff and 60s for buff minus attribute.
Nekorin’s pt1 stream has it showcased iirc, and he also tested ds + discern evil already.

If DS was 30s it would be quite strong, but it ain’t.

As for stats:

Demons also get a 0.7 hp and 0.7 crit res modifier though, so I don’t care to much.

How am I exhibiting tunnel vision if I say that the concerns of musketeers are based solely on SFRs and not on the Class itself? If you do it right Musketeer can use Prime and Load to reset all CDs of all skills and send prime and load into a one minute CD. That fact alone makes me wonder if the musketeer players aren’t overreacting, given their weapon attack is ± 1,5 times as high as the lowest weapon attack (i.e. mace) and thus results in way higher damage numbers with all skills executable with it.

if you read my text , you will find that I state

which means that I consider endgame content with a pure magic DPS build on Cleric.
I say crippled because a lot of the higher magic damage in Cleric is not holy property but fire [Incineration,Divine Stigma], lightning [Zaibas] or psychokinesis property [basically all Sadhu dmg skills].

This means they won’t get +50% damage against dark property monsters [psychokinesis only gets +25% boost, the other elements 0%], resulting in low to no compensation for the damage loss on average if you go for full magic DPS.
Meanwhile, physical damage dealers can always utilize Inquisitors Judgement to decrease the defense of brute race monsters like Velcoffer, thus increasing their dmg output against him while also decreasing his attack power[~23%] at the same time.

A change from brute to demon will reduce the overall physical defense by ~48%, which is pretty significant.
In comparison, the effect of Druids Chortasmata doesn’t even affect boss monsters, so there is no way to remove their high modifier for the Cleric himself.

People already soloed well into CM (stage 3-5) without Clerics and before potion CD was halved, so I don’t think this is an issue now.
With 30 seconds downtime Tree of Sephiroth allows for relieve heal of damage that exceeded the amount recovered through potions, and it should be enough once every 45 to 60 seconds.

If a full Heal every minute is not enough, there must be something wrong,
be it either not evading enough actively, not having enough defense/block/evasion for the content tackled or not utilizing all possibilities of additional recovery[Squire foods,Restoration scrolls,buff potions,cards].

Since the tooltip was changed but the skill duration was not, the developers seem to have forgotten to change it,simple as that.
If they didn’t intent the change, they wouldn’t have reduced the damage modifier or changed the tooltip…

Tunnel vision means you’re complaining about losing mdef reduction and high mdef bosses when swordsmen (and musketeer) also lose a lot of armor break and wizards also have the same issue with high mdef bosses. It also tends to lead into painting things black and white, like when you say magic dps clerics are crippled and when you dismiss the idea of using druid even though there are many other things to consider. Heck, the same open mindedness you’re putting on healing can be applied to DPS and you’d arrive at a different mindset completely and would bring about healthier discussion.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just saying it’s troublesome to discuss when you have a stricter personal mold for things such as magic dps cleric and bokor for example and that there’s an additional need to put things into context like how I had to put the things you quoted me on into context.

Btw the non-holy magic DPS classes in cleric such as Krivis, Druid and PD also have the highest damage output per spell cast and some of the lowest CD and they honestly look more appealing to me now than going the holy route.