Tree of Savior Forum

RCKINO Build feedback

Thoughts?, been theory crafting through builds and i really can’t find one that im exactly 100% comfortable with, this looks pretty solid though i decided not to go cryo+kino route in favor on Wiz c3 / Kino c3 quick cast seems pretty crucial in conjunction with RC Runes given there long castime + damage scaling.

The only real reason why you’d be taking RC is for the cryo combo. The rest of the runes aren’t worth it. The cooldowns are over 2min long. It’s just not worth it. In fact I personally feel it’s not even worth taking for the ice combo. Just putting it out there for you to consider.

What do you think would be a good fit instead of Rune Caster then? like honestly, i know warlock might be a better option with the c3 kino / c3 / Wiz

or featherfoot, or even dropping a rank of kino and going two into necro or something but i really like the RC playstyle the runes seem pretty strong even with a minute cooldown, i think only rune with a high cooldown is the giants rune. the rest is like a minute or so or a little over a minute

• the avi is really sexy ,you don’t think it could work at all?

If you really want rune then you’d best be going for a cryomancer build already. Honestly as long as your build isn’t full on pants on head stupid it can work out. Its just a matter of how much you’re going to suffer for your choices.

If you really want rune then a cryomancer build would be recommended. Also, take note that if you do choose to go cryo your damage will probably be on the lower end of the spectrum.

The big problem here is that if you want to go RC then you’d benefit from at least getting a C2 cryo so you can get a sufficiently high ice wall to combo off. But if you’re going C2 then you might as well go C3 since that’s where cryo shines. Then, since you’re getting a cryo you’d need a psycho to psychic pressure so that you can activate the combo. With all these “pre-requisites” your build doesn’t have much room for adjustment.

Its honestly really hard to give you advice because I don’t really know what you want. What I’ve gathered from you is that basically you like the look of runecaster so you want to put it into your build.

Well again, these are just the more “viable” builds around. If you want rune caster in your build just for the hell of it and don’t mind the fact that its not being fully utilized then you can just pick it anyway.

Tell me what classes you want to see in your build and I’ll try and work a build for you.

Also, if you plan to insert wiz3 into your build, even though wiz3 is really great with the buff, you really do suffer quite a lot even getting past wiz3. Right now the only build that really maximizes the use of the wiz3 buff is the wiz3->ele3 cookie cutter builds, and those builds don’t really have a palce for rune caster in there unless you want to throw away your R7.

A word of advice regarding wiz3: people make it sound like its so easy to get though the first 3/4 ranks but maybe its because they’re already experienced. I’ve only started since EA and although I’ve done extensive research on wizards and builds I didn’t enjoy the leveling very much. “Late blooming” classes are indeed classes that make you suffer quite a bit early on. In case you’re interested I’m running a cryo3 build.

what kind of build are you running for you cryo 3? you’re going chrono 3 with it?