Tree of Savior Forum

Rate my Summoner

Reasoning:

1. Wizard skill because of preference, and because I’m not a masochist and am not interested in leveling off AA. No C2 or C3 because it’s not a caster build.
  2. Cryo C1 because CC. My summoned dearies love targets that stand still on one spot you see.
  3. Linker C2 because Joint Penalty and Hangman’s Knot.
  4. Sorc C1 because summons, and no familiar because it’s a caster thing(?)
  5. Necro C3 because dem minions. Also Flesh Hoops.

Questions:

1. What stats to pump? Traditional INT:CON? Do I need to (or rather can I) pump SPR?
  2. I am in a dilemma between Linker C2 and Thauma C1. I’ve read a LOT of discussions on this and seems to arrive on the conclusion that Linker C2 is better for summoner?
  3. Do I need to get Summon Familiar? It is kinda summon-y but I wan’t little critters that auto-attack as I go AFK (Gods I miss my Amistr/Sera).
  4. Flesh Cannon or Flesh Hoops? Flesh Cannon might be somewhat potent on frozen enemies but I think I might get close and personal to guide my demon. Which one is better (or should I get both)?
  5. Dirty Pole or Corpse Tower? Corpse Tower is a straight up turret but I’ve read that the pole is link-able and knot-able. Plus with the new attribute the pole can turn into pseudo cryo-kino kink. Which one is better for a summoner?
  6. I know the AI sucks demonic balls. I plan on using demons for bosses and shogghoth + Skels for roaming. Anyone have an experience on this? Am I fated to chug mana pots for the rest of my career?

TL;DR : AI sucks, Planning to CC and half-support party members or summons. How do I bend things when alone?

I r8 8/8 would farm at dina bee farm again…

going only sorcerer 1 isn’t a great idea now…

summon AI aren’t the smartest cookies in the jar…

for bait salami is better than boss summon in my opinion cause it cost no sp to maintain active and familiars are good for aggro

Oh I am well aware of the current state of the AI. I’ve come to the conclusion that obsession towards being in constant proximity to your target is a way to circumvent this, is this not the case? If you have any experience on the matter would you care to share?

On a side note, I have no interest in mounting my demon and taking the wheel. The experience I seek is micromanaging the AIs with CC, though I can see why this is not everyone’s cup of tea.

I think is best to experience something than to be told it :blush:

I can give you this advice though, don’t let your shoggoth out of sight…

haven’t been necro in some months now, but that cute derp is a killing machine with no attachment to you…

if it see a mob it wants to kill it will go kill it and not return until it kills it and anyone else that attack it…

and there is no way to tell if it’s still alive or dead for what I remember, so must people see the summon isn’t there and assume the worst wasting fragments on s still alive shoggoth :sweat_smile:

Ahhh I see, thank you for the insight! I completely forgot we have zero indicator for our summons, be it location or status. Managing the summon’s aggro sounds exciting though! But iirc shoggoth can be resummoned right? And demons AI is tailored around following us. Only skeletons have a major problem then?

it takes 30 fragments if am not remembering wrong to summon at any time as long as it skill is up, also it can be heal with heal tiles…

but if I remember correctly they changed the AI so the summon doesn’t steal the heal by themselves, so you have to manually walk it through or have it been cast on it…

all summons will follow you as long as there are no distractions xD

1. INT:CON, personally I aim for 100 CON total and then pump the rest into INT. Don’t invest anything in SPR if you’re going to be using Summoning since it eats up your SP by a percentage of the total. More SP = higher Summoning cost.

2. Thauma C1 is a filler class, you’d probably be better off picking Linker C2 to get the most out of that class. That said, I do play a Sorc/Thau…

Swell Body is what makes Thau C1 a great filler class, you get 2x drops/silver/EXP from mobs using it which is nice for farming and running into flashing mobs. I wouldn’t dream of farming item drops without it, honestly.

Shrink Body is pretty useless, especially at C1. It’s a 10 second debuff that needs an attribute to have any real effect besides changing the enemy’s body size. Not worth it unless they rehaul the skill.

Swell Left Arm gives a decent chunk of magic damage at low levels, but it’s negligible at high levels (especially if it’s only Lv5 and you don’t invest in the attribute).

Transpose has two possible uses: either you use it for passive HP recovery at campfires/when using potions, or you go for a full-INT-no-CON build and transpose your high INT into a completely ludicrous amount of CON (except you won’t heal up all that HP on your own, so a Cleric friend is necessary for this to shine). This is actually not a bad idea for a Sorc-oriented build since you can summon at full INT, transpose into full CON and get healed by a friend to have both a powerful summon and a ridiculous amount of HP. Still, it’s a pain to deal with if you don’t have that Cleric buddy so unless you’re really into team PVP it’s not really worth it to build around. I just threw 2 points into it for 100% uptime when I need it for healing and it does a fine job of it.

3. IMO you’re wasting your points maxing Salamion instead of Familiar. Salamion doesn’t do a ton of damage and attacks very, very slowly, not to mention the derpy AI. If you’re C2 then it’s fine to toss your leftover points in there since there’s nothing else to get after Summoning/Familiar/command skills, but at C1 you’d get much better damage for your points buying into Familiar. They’re a nice little chunk of damage each and they only get better and better if you get more circles in Sorc later on.

6. Here’s a tip for dealing for Sorc SP drain: get lv4+ blue gems for your gloves, and if you have any other ways to get more SP recovery (enchanted hats, gear effects, etc.) go for it. The Sorc SP recovery passive is ridiculously expensive, but it’s easy enough to get a ton of SP recovery without blowing all your money on it. Since you’ll have a low SP pool thanks to a low SPR stat, it should only take a few ticks to get back to full SP again. Simply unsummon and toggle /sit on and off or put down a campfire for quick SP regen, no potions necessary.

another tips, play a squire and get a lv 11 yogurt, combine with cat buffs. You get 0
5 to 1secs sp recovery per tick. From empty to full in just 3 to 4 secs