Tree of Savior Forum

Rank7 for Pyro - Linker - X - Sage?

I got a Pyro 3 - Linker 2 at the moment, but can’t really deside what to do with it for rank 7. Planning to go sage for rank 8. This is a pure for fun PvE char, as i do enjoy setting stuff on fire.

My options for rank 7 are to go linker 3, thaumaturge 1, warlock 1 or featherfoot 1.

Anyone tested this out and got some insights of strenghts and weaknesses for the different choices?

Warlock has good synergy with Linker, basically Joint Penalty makes up for the lack of Quickcast. I’d go for that.

Firepillar is able to snare mobs that step on it so you’d make full use of pole of agony.

All of the 4 will work, i think. It’s more about figuring out what will work best.

The only one i have experience with is Linker 3. It will let me link more and longer and let me play Superman for 1/2 the time with the right party. So that one is my main choice atm.

Thrama, warlock and featherfoot are all unknowns to me, but seems to fit the build as well. So any insights are welcome!

you mean get just 1 circle of warlock? then sage for rank8?

Yes, Linker makes up for the lack of Quickcast and Warlock is a strong class by itself…Sage is able to dupe evil spirits too.

Thaum c1 is not worth it.

What if i skipp Sage, and go Thaum c2 or Psyco c2?
Or even wizard c3.

Then you can just easily reroll. Sage is the only option for almost any rank8 for wiz(except for FF2 build). Go either link3 or warlock. I would go link3. Thauma is a useless rank. It only has Reversi as a partially usefull skill in PvP only, but it not worth wasting 2 ranks.

What about going FF1 - Sage or FF2?

This is my for fun build, as I do love the combo link + sett everything on fire, so i’m just trying to make it the best it can be with the pyrolinker base.

I have my PD for GvG and Mergen for PvE, and a Chrono/linker/sage will always be the best support.

ohhhh nice thats good info, is it worth duplicating evil spirits? I’m currently wiz>pyro2>link1>thaum2, soooo was thinking of going either link2>sage , or warlock2, now you just opened up lock1>sage1, whelp

I’m a Pyro3 - Linker2 - WL2. The classes synergize well with each other. Getting WL1 - Sage is not really worth it because your POA and DT would lack real burst damage.

If you really want to revolve around just Pyro then go for Linker3 - Sage1. Fireball duplicate combo would consume tons of hits and you need it. Sage’s ultimate dimension rekts with your links too.

You will be extremely frustrated against Link immune, Stormcalling, Rain, Moving boss, Melee, and the lack of skills though.

Not to mention, Pyro3 - Linker2 - WL2 is more futureproof. When R9 is out, you can go for WL3 or Linker3 or Sage1 or new class. Whereas Sage only offers you Sage2 and new class, assuming the new class is not a lackluster.

1 Like

do not skip sage. It is a very good class that keeps you and your team alive in grinding and in questing group in rank 8 content.

Missile hole can reduce range attacks from mobs to 1 damage. Meaning having high magic defense is not as important as most magic mobs deal ranged magic damage which is brought down to 1 damage. This goes for physical damage ranged mobs as well, but stacking physical def is easier than magic def.

So if i’m keeping the Sage for R8;
Linker3 for more and longer links or Featherfoot1 for Ngahundi and gore for R7?

I would just give the missile hole job to the support chrono>sage which is needed in a party anyways, @Roywashere has a point on having a warlock or other DPS class than just pyro, I notice my fireballs get kicked a lot with dopples around and having that kick I’d just rely on AA? since other pyro dps skills have high cd

Do you have a skill build on tosbase for your WL2 i could take a look at?

Just to add why I did not go Sage is that, I prefer to have more mobility and versatility. Pyro already took long enough to cast 2 fireballs, Sage has long animation for Micro and Ultimate.

During the battle, standing still spending time to cast 2 fireball and duplicating them with Micro takes up a lot of time. Do not create your build just because you see it is strong in killing Siauliai, Crystal Mine missions because that is a really bad example of a good build.

Those videos are only good in showing what damage they can potentially deal on low MDEF mobs and when bosses are standing still.

To be honest, when you think of Sage, throw the idea… and I mean it… THROW away the idea of DUPLICATING away from Sage. The good stuffs about Sage are Portal, Ultimate Dimension, Blink and Anti-Projectiles.

Micro Dimension is just extremely bad unless they rework it.

[Edit: If you really want Sage, you can fireball > duplicate > move > fireball > duplicate > link]

1 Like

Thanks alot!
Do you ever regret not going linker3 - sage?

A part of me said yes, a part of me said no. I don’t know…

R8 mobs are super deadly and can kill me in a few hits. At these time, I wish I had missile hole.

Had I pick Sage, I wish I had stronger burst damage because R8 mobs have insanely high amount of health, even fireball > link combo is not strong enough. Some mobs are also link immune, which I have to rely on Flame Pillar and WL2 damage.

I like both classes, however I prefer more damage. Hence, WL2. I have to use full combo of DT>JP>HK>Flame Pillar>POA>Flame Ground>Fireball>Mastema>etc etc just to kill Yellow Caro in Pytis Forest.

My MATK is 2300+.

If you are Pyro3 - Linker3 - Sage… Good luck, unless you are rich with insane upgrades or until when Agni comes.

[EDIT: Thinking about it, you can kill with Sage too, it is just the speed of killing.]

depends on how often you actually run into a chrono support sage. Missile hole has a max number of hits, it wouldnt be too bad to have a second one for it anyway.

not getting 4 shotted by magic ranged mobs vs more dps which depends on your gear.
I would pick the former, just personal preference.

as with warlock being dps class, im still not sure if agni might phase out warlock skills. i have a pyro 2, linker 2 in itos and whenever i see a melee class there, i just go around the mobs to cast fireball, but this cannot be the case all the time. But I think the choice of going warlock bows down to how warlock c3 is going to be, I place my bets on sage because more missile hole will make wizards invincible to ranged attacks.

1 Like

Wiz -> Pyro 3 -> Link 2 -> Thau 2 is my recommendation to farm stuff.
However, Let me see for planning to go sage for rank 8… hope you to get linker or warlock. :slight_smile: