Tree of Savior Forum

Rank Reset:why not make it unlimited?

You need to put this into perspective though: there are time limitations in people’s days, and many players have multiple characters they are trying to reconfigure.

If someone can only play during the weekends (and Friday maybe), they only get 6 resets. That means you need to choose what you want to test–do you want to try a different stat allocation with the same skill set? That’s 1 reset. Want to try a different stat set with the same skills? That’s 2. Old stats with new skills? That’s 3. Want to try a different class entirely? That’s 4. Different set of skills for this new class? 5. By now you have 1 reset left and you’ve barely had a chance to test a new rank, and you need to make a decision since you only have 1 reset left.

Now multiple this by 2, 3, 4, etc depending on how many characters you have, and there likely isn’t enough time in the day to figure it all out anyway. But at least if you could reset at-will rather than having to wait a whole day, you could at least figure out exactly what you want to do for your main character without too much worry.

1 Like

And there are about 8000 players, you can use their information. You don’t have to test it all alone. If your not using the information others are posting your doing a disservice to your self.

or maybe people want to try it out themselves rather than mindlessly following what people say, what could be worth for someone could be useless to the other, since you know, everyone has their own opinions or preferences, like the debate of maxing SZ or leaving it at lvl 1 with attribute, or if Deprotected Zone is worth taking or not.

So maybe people want to try out different lvl setups for skills and stuff until they find the one they want, and right now you can only try that twice, with rank reset and then using skill reset if they don’t like it, but I still feel like 2 isn’t enough, specially for example priest, they’ve SO many setups that you can go for and 2 tries per day isn’t enough to try out the different combinations, specially since the lvling of the priest’ skills depends heavily on your other ranks, like if you go chaplain you want aspersion at lvl 15, or take exorcise or not, leaving stone skin at lvl 1 or 5 or not taken, so many things to try.

I feel like having unlimited resets for this event would be better so people can try all possible setups for 1 char in 1 day then dedicate themselves to their other chars and stuff like that, besides the event is gonna end and we won’t have resets, so why not make it unlimited so we can test all we want while the event last?

1 Like

I don’t disagree with that. But considering the depth of the class system and the severity of the changes to stats, skills, and monsters, the odds of people posting about an exact thing that you’re wondering about aren’t the highest, especially if you are not of the hive-mind and have some non-meta ideas you’d like to test that others haven’t considered due to past doubts. :0

1 Like

You realize they could have rolled out this patch with 0 resets. The entitlement is so strong around here lately. We feel the need to complain about the best improvement the game has had.

I honestly sometimes feels like this game should’ve a system like skyforge or final fantasy XIV, the ability to change to whatever class you desire and try out things and stuff, specially since there’s 80+ classes I believe, and let me tell you, when R9 gets released and the lvl cap increased to 400 probably, I’m not going to lvl up a char all the way to almost 400 to simply try out a new class that just got released, it’s too tedious, lvling is annoying, which is why I only have 1 char atm, I just can’t bring myself to lvl up again.

Specially with how many restrictions this game has on certain things, it feels like I’m playing on different accounts everytime I create a new char, atleast with the exploration now sharing between chars it has got better, but there are things that are still lacking imo.

1 Like

Yes I know, but you also need to take into consideration that not everyone has multiple alts or the time to test things by themselves, they couldn’t do it without resets because they know isn’t that easy to lvl up a char, gear it up, and then do a major rebalance and leave some classes completely useless (like the many crit builds that got guttered with the removal of crit from dex).

I for example, only have 1 character, a lvl 251 cleric, I can’t try out all the builds I want with it because I can only reset once per day, and sometimes I want to try out the exact same setup but with a different class at certain rank and such.

I’m not complaining, I understand you, this event is really nice, you can try out new things, and I enjoy it since I can try classes I haven’t try before, overall a pretty nice event, just that it would be better for us plebs with only 1 char or not as many high lvl alts as some veteran has to try out different builds on the same day.

2 Likes

Well you only have one char and the event is what it is, so back to what i said before. Read the math other players are putting down from their testing.

I feel you–similar sort of thing in GW2 where you’re allowed to switch up your spec literally whenever you want. I LOVE that, because I love testing things out and experimenting, and I really feel hesitant to do that in ToS even though there is SO MUCH to experiment with. It’s not worth the time-sink for me.

1 Like

Yeah, I only have 1 char atm, a lvl 251 cleric, I would like to make a wizard, but I just can’t put myself through all that questing all over again, it’s too tedious and unfun once you’ve completed it once, atleast that’s on my personal opinion, I’m pretty sure there’s people who enjoy questing and doing multiple alts (like some people who have like 10 characters at R8…), but I just can’t, and it’s sad that the game forces you to have multiple alts, otherwise you progress really slowly, mainly because of the saalus farming :confused:

1 Like

when i make alts i just grind up to dungeon/mission lvls then go from their. The only quests i complete are the ones that give stats.

dungeon / missions each day are not the fastest but like you said quests are agonizing.

Yeah, like it was refreshing as I was progressing through the game with this char, but tried to do it again with another char and I just felt like I wanted to die.

We can only hope for a better system in the future where you don’t need to lvl up multiple chars, for now I’ll just stick with 1 char :frowning:

1 Like

Yes they should had done that, chase all the old players away.

1 Like

I wouldn’t care. Out of 8 characters i only actually changed ones ranks the rest i just used skills / stat resets.

Despite all the complaints i think 14 resets is plenty.

I wonder if imc is thinking business -like because i would have to say that making these reset unlimited would entice people to play the game. tsk2! poor managing skills.