Tree of Savior Forum

Rank Reset Event!

maybe since they paid for the character slots and already spent time to level them? Well sure, you can turn these players away too if you want less stress on the servers.

I had personally enough time, when the game started, to reroll over and over. It’s not because you took time to have 15+ characters that means you still have this time right now. Plus just think about how boring it is to level a character… I mean, you’re not supposed to get tortured, but play the damn game. A game where you need to reroll 50 times only shows how bad the design is.

1 Like

Then show why you need more instead of want. It’s too easy to mask the real thing just to try to justify your argument and that’s where I’m complaining.

You say the current event is bad while I think the event is good enough. Yeah, we’re done here. But if you want to discuss about my opinion of finding the event good enough and convince people to make them think the event is bad, you gotta show true data.

Uh, can you read again please?

In response to this I sent:

It’s clearly one example of how people thinks too many resets are bad.

Here’s, another one, just for you:

A lot of people agrees that TOO MANY RESETS are bad.

Now, if you want an example about something else, sorry, you gotta be specific when asking before posting memes.

Also, may you post examples for what I asked now then? Or are you going to avoid again?

Go back, read. I don’t want more resets, I’m fine with how it is atm. But if you want to give me more resets, yeah, fine, I’ll take it, I’m not going to reject nice things.

I’m not angry about it. And yup, the event can be better, there other options to explore. But it doesn’t mean the event is bad.

Now, let me ask, why are you angry when we say that the event is enough?

3 Likes

Oh so you don’t want it even if it’s better? Okay if you say so.

Wow a thread about making the reset event a permanent feature and you use that to promote the idea that too many resets are bad.

So? This reset event is not a permanent feature, it’s not gonna hurt the game in the same way as what most people are saying here. There’s a major update and the reset event is meant to accompany that, how is having more resets during this limited time going to hurt the game?

I feel strongly against elitist players who think what’s enough for them is enough for others. I can see that the reset event is enough for you but I can also see that it’s not enough for others, why can’t you do the same? And I keep repeating myself but if these players’ concerns are addressed it’s not like they’re imposing anything on you by giving you more resets. You on the other hand, are imposing less resets on them because you feel it’s enough.

2 Likes

So what’s the point of shitting up the thread if you are fine with how the event is.
I already know the answer though. You’ll defend anything IMC does and will fill every thread with inane noise so nobody will want to bother reading it. Of course it’s not entirely your fault since trolling only works if other people take the bait.

A lot of people agrees that TOO MANY RESETS are bad.

“too many” as in “too often”. But if it’s a two week long, almost a once a year thing, then there’s no issue with having per character resets. The previous reset event we had worked fine and was fun. It doesn’t matter why people want to play around with resetting, it could be for fun, or maybe to fix builds, it doesn’t matter.
The only reason you’d want to limit and cripple the event is if you want to prevent other people from having fun.
Like the pvpboy I quoted above. He has his characters he’s satisfied with, but there’s a problem. There’s a problem because with each reset cycle, other players get closer to getting characters they have fun with as well. And he just can’t allow that.

4 Likes

I don’t even know yet as I said, if I’ll need more or not, but I think I’ll need more, simply because the theory =/= in game. You can’t know if you will like the way to play certain type of build, but maybe it’s not important to like the character you have. Havin 1 reset per day per character would have helped me a lot. IMC is only doing that to make players stay on their damn game cuz they are desperate, if you can’t see that I’m sorry for you.

No I really don’t care about your opinion, because it’s based on your only person, if you can’t talk about what is the best for everyone we are done here, and we have nothing else to discuss.

There is nothing about reseting everyday, or maybe it’s in the topic but I will not waste my time to search your proof, which will anyway result in a proof of someone saying he’s against.

What you think is not what will happen, maybe you didn’t understand that, but the game didn’t suffer from the amount of reset, actually it helped the game a lot, and by the way all the players.

Why do you bring up old topics like that which are just proving they were all wrong ?

1 Like

Okay lol, whatever you say there :smirk:

Sorry to break it to you, but VERY few companies spend time developing anything for the 0.1%, its just not realistic for them to spend resources on them, especially when a company like IMC has a small team and is always behind schedule. If they decide to please every demographic then great, but don’t expect it.

That’ just life. get used to it.

Saying something is fine or acceptable =/= defending it, it could be better but its not bad. It’s like you have this terrible black and white mentality.

I’ll say my points again:

• The event is not bad, it could be better.

• The event is not meant to be able to test out builds, its meant to reset a character to a build you are happy with.

• The event is not as good as it was last probably because the game was drastically changed back then, its not very different this time.

• They could improve the event by giving out one time limited reset voucher per character on top of the daily reset we get now.

• The Hidden class is fixed now.

The end.

5 Likes

Different things. Being fine with getting more doesn’t means I’ll be wanting more and more.

So you gotta be specific when asking. If you ask too many resets you’ll get a reply based on what you asked.

As well, having a more ample reset before doesn’t mean the current one is bad. You’re not losing anything. No one is crippling the event - it’s a different one and that’s it.

Now to answer this, let’s look back:

Why am I shitting up the thread if I get an answer like this to a legit advice?

Or even? Why am I the one shitting up the thread if I get an answer like this?

Sorry but I’m not the type of person to shut up when someone is acting like that. I can’t please every nor I try to. If you come talking stuff to me you’ll get an answer in the same tone, it’s simple as that. If you lack respect to someone, this someone won’t respect you.

It’s not going to hurt the game.

As well the current event isn’t going to hurt the game - that’s one of my points.

I’m doing the same. I accept your opinion. But if you want to convince me that the event is bad, yeah, I’ll ask for data.

We can either agree to disagree or present arguments to convince each other. If we don’t do either, this will get nowhere just like ot os right now.

Now you gave a bigger explanation on why you think about it like that.

It would help you a lot. Yeah, more resets makes life easier but all of us can live with less resets.

I told in the thread and I also agree with you on the point that we could get skill/stat reset potions separately.

But again, it doesn’t mean I NEED and can’t live without the extra stuff. Which leads to this again:

The current event is good enough, the previous one was better sure. But that doesn’t mean the current one is bad.

Sure, I totally agree I can’t talk about what’s best for everyone. Because it’s clear: majority/everyone always like freebies as long they don’t hurt the game.

But still it doesn’t mean that having less freebies than before makes the current event bad. If the first event had only 14 resets people would like that, it’s only “bad” because people are comparing both.

Yeah, there’s nothing about resetting every day there. I got what you asked: Example that too many resets is bad. I don’t have crystal balls nor mind reading skills, sorry.

I agree that it helped players to have more resets! But again, it doesn’t make this reset bad nor means who used ALL resets NEEDED all resets.

Wanting more is fine, liking more is fine.

Just don’t make dumb excuses or pull data from nothing to try to justify it and convince people otherwise.

That’s what I dislike and the only thing I’m continuously answering to you and @Kihseki about.

In a summary, I pretty much agree with @Valkoria list.

By the love of God… This thread decayed to cancer itself.

Let’s put this as straight as possible:

+rests > -resets
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

I agree, but that’s not going to happen, IMC isn’t going to change that. You and I both know this.

3 Likes

Just share my opinions here, no intention of arguing… 0-0/

I think IMC just need to do these to improve this event :
-Compensate those who has over 14 chars with extra vouchers.
(Equal to the amount of their chars -14.)
-Make the voucher able to transfer through team storage.
-Extend the expiry date of the voucher.
This may help those who can’t reset all of their chars due to no time or other reasons.

As for whether IMC should give everyone more vouchers, like per char per day, IMO that’s not necessary. 0-0
Unlike the last reset event, the new patch changes this time aren’t that huge.
And we already have enough information in this forum, there is no need to “test” builds any more.
Instead, we just need to adjust our builds and choose the best builds for us.
Also, if we have that many vouchers again, this game won’t be fun anymore, we can try all builds without any sacrifices, and nobody will spend time to make new chars again.

In all, I think we just need “enough”, not “more”.

3 Likes

RR is not a requirement to play, I was stuck with W3>Psy3>WW for a long time, and I felt just fine with my +15 Ignition.
This game isn’t as competitive as people seem to make it out to be. >.>

1 Like

Would be nice if you can give an example of a f2p game run better internationally than in Japan, could use more games to play. No sarcasm, would really like to try them.

so adding extra limitations to screw the 0.1% is acceptable?

as for your points:

• I’ve pointed out the reasons why it’s not enough, if your opinion won’t change then I won’t pursue this further.
  • Could’ve helped returning players and those not up to date to catch up if they wanted to though.
  • It’s not drastic, but it’s a big enough change. I think it’s better if they give resets every time they make a change to classes, it’s healthier that way imho because this game’s character building can be very punishing.
  • Yes, or do it like the old event. Though a reset voucher mailed without expiration is good for people who miss the event too.
  • That’s good, would be better if they make it up to anyone inconvenienced by this as well.

With that, let’s just agree to disagree or let other people discuss between our different points.

:tired:

Already said this before but people who have more than 14 characters lose the chance to use those characters for awhile unless they play an outdated build or force themselves to pick the fewer options they have left with their existing builds. There’s a loss brought about by change which didn’t provide an opportunity to adapt, something IMC should have considered especially since character slots cost real money.

The limitations are hurting some players in the game, or making it harder for them. Does this hurt the game? Depends if you think a more robust player base is good or bad.

You’re using data as an excuse to invalidate the problems raised by the 14 reset max limit. This event is worse than the old one, no one is saying they don’t want it they just prefer the old one.

1 Like

A wild magical number appeared !

1 Like

Do you always take everything literal?

Let’s be completely honest here; I doubt its much greater or smaller, especially in a free to play game where a massive percent of the population doesn’t spend much or any money on the game at all, and even less % with 20 characters lol.

Come on :neutral_face:

1 Like

Not everybody reads the forum, nor is required to. A game should give you suffice information “within” the game. Yeah they can spend some time and effort searching for it, but why couldn’t the game give it to them instead? Honestly, I spent more time learning about the game from outside sources than actually “playing” it. That’s not a good thing.

8 Likes

The game just went through an all time low of concurrent players, this new update is just the thing that can turn that around. The new r9 content is great, randomized item drops is moving the game away from monotonous material farming. The new challenge mode is the most worthwhile daily in a long time, it gives exp, it gives silver, it gives item drops and it also promotes cooperation. The new raid is very rewarding, and people who can’t be bothered to do dailies can use the market to get more entries to it.

But what about the reset event? Why risk making it difficult for returning players to get back into the game by making it one character a day? Why try to squeeze out more money from players who already spent on too many char slots by not letting them reset all of them?

This game badly needed player retention, and the new r9 content they worked hard on just might be the answer. They shouldn’t let all that new content fail to reach new players, uninformed players, or frustrated players that are affected by the 14 rank limit. The reset event was one thing they could’ve handled better to do this, a less punishing way to “fix builds” in the class system is another possible thing as well. The upcoming rank rollback feature would have helped players make better decisions on their character progression but IMC is also thinking of adding a 1 time per rank limitation to this which is another unnecessary restriction that makes the feature less useful. It would have made a good testing environment if players can try all the options in the next rank first hand, but with the limitation it just becomes a way for players to change their mind once or to fix a misclick.

EDIT: (Side note: Dungeon Fighter Online, a game released more than a decade ago lets you test class branches in a training stage. ToS needs this, they should make it possible to use the rank rollback feature this way so that players can be well informed within the game)

This is not whining, this is not wanting to get what I want in excess (I’m not even complaining for my own sake, it’s for the sake of others I see who are struggling or frustrated). These are not negative comments, they are what I believe would improve the game. If you still think the 14 reset limit is something IMC did for the sake of improving the game then by all means you can cite the reasons why you think so. Otherwise it’s a shortcoming on their part, and people are better off complaining to show them that they can’t keep doing pointless decisions like this.

2 Likes

I can’t get My reset pack SEA i just brought!!!

recently i have brought a reset pack for My SEA acc… but after everything done (i even recieve the email and message that i have confirm brought the pack)… but once i log in game and check it show nothing in the lodge inbox… please help!!!

Hello, please restart the game and double check your inbox. If it’s still not there, please PM me!

As for the rest of the thread:
I am happy to hear that so many are enjoying the new updates, but at the same time, I’m sorry that others have some frustrations with the rank reset event. I will pass on the feedback.

3 Likes

Yo

I’m playing pretty casual now, testing new builds and characters on the daily reset basis
But I can sure tell, that leveling became so slow. Don’t know whether I would ever be able to 360 all my chars…