Tree of Savior Forum

[Rank 9+] Were going to need more skill bars

You should use 3 skills from Wizard, 4 skills from Linker and I don’t know for FF. Are you using all skills from FF ?

Missing skills:
Energy Bolt: Overheat+Knockback for preventing monsters from running away.
Lethargy: +100% Strike Bonus.
Reflect Shield: Preventing knockback against monsters such as Kugheri Zeffi, some monsters from d240 and others.
Unbind: Break all links.

Where I have those on Set 2, but you can’t be changing Set 1 -> Set 2 -> Set 1 -> Set 2 in active battles (such as grinding/bossing), so you need to keep on Set 2 the same pattern of skills as Set 1, for example which can be adapted.

But once you get to Rank 9-10 you’ll start getting more skills which will push even the ones you use constantly to the Set 2, which will populate Set 2 too much and mess up everything, this is what I’m talking about, you’ll need to have entirely different Sets 1 and Sets 2 and it simply won’t work properly for most players and as well prevents you from using the slots to hold switchable gears and others items.

Now think if I went Wiz3Linker2Thaum1FF2 or Thaum1RC1FF2 variants. Still non-rainbow class with even more skills.

Man, your skill bar management is awful, that’s all :joy:. Screens say everything.

Have any tips for improvement? :3 Help me make a better skill management?

1 Like

you really need a better skill set up

on games like FFXIV that i like playing on a controller, i usually organize my skills by seperating their sides and uses

seperate sides by which side you use more (left/right)

side 1 (left side) i like all my ATTACK, DEBUFF skills here as i use the left side of my controller more

side 2 (right side) i like all my BUFF, HEALING, DEFNESE skills here

so heres what id do for you.

REMOVE - unbind, energy bolt, reflect shield, lethargy

L1 - put 4 attack featherfoot skills
L2 - put magic missle and any other attacking skills

L1+R1 - keep it all the potions

L2 - joint penalty, hangmans knot, lifeline, spiritual link (keep joint penalty and magic missle both on x so when you press l2/r2 it allows for fast skill usage)

L1 - quick cast, sure spell, levitation kurdaitcha

on set 2 put the rest of your skills in the same fashion

if you ever switch to keyboard here is what i do

hotbar 1 - all attack skills
hotbar 2- all healing/defense skills, misceallanious skills (oracle change skills for example)

if you’re don’t have any kinds of these skills and are a dps just put the rest of your attack skills, ORGANIZE them by usefulness and how frequent you use them

hotbar 3 - all buff skills (if you’re a cleric always have divine might on 1 so you can go in a order and use all your buffs with divine might)

if there are combo skills like chrosmata and carnivory i have them keys right next to each other or above/below each other for easier usage and i don’t have to dance around my keyboard

remove all useless skills, usually rank 1 skills and random skills from a job, like ranger remove high anchoring and time bomb arrow, etc

also its nice to organize them by color to make it look pretty

Hi, thanks for the tips, but then, I need to tell my point of view and how I organize them:

I try to keep a pattern with mine, I have multiple wizards varying by linkers and non-linkers.

I can’t use targeted (such as Evil Sacrifice, Multi Shot etc) skills on the “A” buttons since there is a bug where some skills can’t be cast because they conflict with Jump action.

For keeping consistency between all characters I have most used offensives skills on X and Y buttons while keeping buff and less used skills on A and B.

L1+R1 too stays as default for all characters for potion usage.

I can’t really move all Attack/Debuff to left sides and only buff, healing and defense to the right side because it breaks consistency between other characters.

For example: Joint Penalty, Hangman Knot and Unbind stays on the same buttons between all my linkers. Sleep, Surespell and Quick cast are on the same buttons for all my Wizard 3 characters.

On skill removal:
1- I can’t remove Unbind: If you’re farming orange weapon materials (Lv.315) and you’re casting Swell Body sometimes you end up with less than 5 monsters alive or monsters running away, it is required to be able to cast this skill to make sure you don’t miss a double drop chance.

As a side note if you link only two monsters and then link another group into these two monsters the link won’t work as you expect and you’ll end up with monsters alive because how Magic Missile and other skills won’t go through all linked monsters properly compared to as single link.

2- I can’t remove Energy Bolt: The knockback is too useful when farming Materials, if you’re a linker you need to group monsters and this sometimes results in monsters running away/returning to spawn position for some reasons which I can detail if you need to.

3- I cannot remove Reflect Shield on my Featherfoot and Warlock: Because how Reflect Shield prevents knockback for a determined hit count, there are no other ways to prevent knockbacks as wizard and it is required for farming monsters in some maps such as Nobreer Forest.

4- I cannot remove Lethargy: Because I get parties frequently with Plague Doctors and Murmillos which both benefits from the Lethargy as a 100% uptime debuff for Incineration and 100% bonus Strike Damage (attribute).

For example:
SR skill bar:

Mainly offensive skills on X and Y buttons, self-buff/less used/green skills on A and B.

Same goes for my farmer character:

Mainly offensive skills on X and Y buttons. Sleep always on same position on all Wizards. Linker skills shares the same buttons between all Linkers. Thaumaturge skills shares the same buttons between all Thaumaturges. Warlock skills shares the same buttons between all warlocks.

Same goes for my CryoChrono:

Mainly offensive skills on X and Y buttons. Sleep on the same position for all Wizards. Buffs and less used skills on A and B.

Same goes for my Kino:

Mainly offensive skills on X and Y buttons. Sleep, Warlock and Kino skills on the same buttons for all classes.

P.S.: Party buff skills are mainly on R2 and R1 slots on all characters.

I organize skills between all my characters to keep consistency and on the skill bar as a whole instead of by L1, R1, L2, R2 combinations because this is how it felt overall better to use if you have 17 playable characters and want to keep an overall pattern that feels the same for all of them.

That’s the reason I keep Magic Missile that way and keep it even on non-linker characters to maintain consistency.

Few skills are completely useless, especially if you play PvP, example of my Archer2Ranger3SR3, keep in mind that in my case I have Stage 7 weapons (Crossbow and Gun) on my SR so some skills which you call useless aren’t actually useless for me:

-> “Useless skill” : “Reason to have”

1. Critical Shot: 0 cooldown and cancels any monster attack cast without moving them away. Better than AA and have a specific case usage. Damage: 8-24k per cast depending on buffs.

2. High Anchoring: Really range multi-target on single line, doesn’t require a target. Can be used to hit safely characters near statues and/or turtled where could be hard to target (Controller/Keyboard mode targeting mechanic). Damage: 6-18k per cast depending on buffs.

3. Bounce Shot: Multi-target bounce-after-hit attack. Can hit characters outside normal reach range because bouncing mechanic. Damage: 10-18k.

4. Time Bomb Arrow: Single-target status ailment damage, +50% damage against plate. Good skill to counter Missile Hole and CC-applying character (such as Kinos) because the knockback even thru Missile Hole. Damage: 5-18k (yeah, can one shot some players with Missile Hole).

5. Wild Shot: Aimed 10-hit per 1 skill point, fast hits, really long range and fast charging. Good for breaking objects, Missile Hole and dealing fast damage. Damage: 8-16k per hit (*10 = 80-160k damage total).

I still can’t understand why I need better skill setup, since there’s a solid pattern between all characters that works while keeping consistency. Is there something I could do better now that it is explained how I organize my skills?

For Set 2 there aren’t much to do, you need fast actions, changing between Set 1 and 2 leaves you vulnerable, it isn’t smart to be used in PvP if you can’t switch between both Sets fast enough (maybe need heavy practice?), but if you keep both Sets usable you won’t have enough skill slots for Rank 9 skills. We really need a rework on skill bar for higher ranks.

I do agree, having a Priest chaplain PD wew the skills are overwhelming and need to practice.

1 Like

More skill more problem more buff slot more bug come.

IMC need to rework skill.People Only need Core skill not many Junk skill.

2 active skill per class is OK.

It should be pretty simple to add more controller skill bars.

| L1 + L2 | L1 + R2 | L2 + R2 | R1 + L2 | R1 + R2 |

| . . L1 . . | . . L2 . . | L1 + R1 | . . R2 . . | . . R1 . . |

This will sacrifice some functions, and ‘Rest’ will have to be something like all the shoulder buttons and triggers together.

Another way would be to do away with what I personally find as a useless feature (The targeting system) and have the exact same Shoulder button combinations as we currently have, but instead of just using the ABXY buttons, we can also use the right-stick’s up-down-left-right to use skills.

Not to mention the Useful Skills, some of the skills are just a display.

that’s why I always laugh at ppl who don’t consider the number of used buttons when optimizing their builds )

1 Like