Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 8 Viable Builds?

Hi there, I’ve just returned after having not played for several months. I have a Wugushi I mianly played before but came back and picked up my Wiz3 Kino 3, I’m wondering what I should focus on for R7 and R8 to be semi viable in Rank 8 content - I’ve heard it’s pretty rough for Wizards.

Any input would be great - also could use my Rank Reset so other viable builds are welcome, but would like to avoid using that on my Wiz if possible.

You can continue with wl2, kino is a pvp class, you won’t do much in pve. You have to be more specific about what you want to do, always do this when asking for builds.

I’m aware it’s mainly PVP but I enjoy the class regardless.
Since I asked about Rank 8 Viability I assumed it was a given I was meaning PVE.

Try Wiz 3-Linker3 or Linker2-Thau1-FeatherFoot2.

I’m seeing a lot of Pyro skills on that hotbar. I don’t think the build you noted above is correct.

oh no but the main core of linker-featherfoot build is still there. I just couldn’t find the specific wiz3.

You dont need Pyro. Her build is actually very nice. I would take linker3 instead of thauma, and go full con. For now it is the best PvE solo and party build as DD as Wizard class.
Or you can go pyro/cryo-link2-chrono3-sage and be a good support for any partyin the whole content.

I heard full CON no longer works for Rank 8 zones. I heard if you’re not pushing a MATK of around 3,000 or so you will likely hit for 1 DMG due to the MDEF of the mobs and this renders full CON builds void.

Can anyone speak on this?

If you want to grind fast/deal sustained damage then yeah, FF is horrible (cds too long), especially full CON.
If you just want to kill mobs for questing or grinding items/mats, FF can bypass the mdef wall with Ngadhundi 6 (decay down to 1 HP) or JP BC, which should kill anything but isn’t spammable for obvious reasons.

Iam new on the game, and i saw some videos and decide to make a featherfoot. I ask a friend some advise and he told me to do this build

But he tell to do full CON. So how i spent my points ? 3:1 4:1??

Thx

Full CON means full CON.

Thaum1 is for full/high INT because you use Transpose to swap your INT to CON.
If you’re going full CON drop it for Linker3 or Necro1 or something.

So thinking about going this route?

Or would going FF C2 or WL C2 be much much better?
I haven’t played in months so I’m a little out of touch, if it’s ■■■■ just let me know!

If you want a PvE build, Kino doesn’t do much aside from (great) CC.
Wiz3Linker3WL2 is good, but it might have been overtaken by the Pyro builds due to Agni.
If I had to take a stab at it, Pyro2Linker2Thaum2Enchant might have amazing output, but you should ask the more specialized Pyro threads about it.

Is any Sorc2/3 build viable in rank 8? Seems like [Wiz3 Link1 Sorc3 Sage1] is the most popular. I wonder if [Wiz3 Link1 Sorc2 WL2] or [Wiz3 Link1 Sorc2 WL1 Sage1] would be good?

Sorc3 offers nothing compared to Sorc2. For now the best is like cryo3-sorc2-necro(for doubling damage of temple shooter when we get fix)-(sage or any) when we receive buffs for Sorc like on kTOS, so up to 2x matk is added to summons damage.

Pyro C3 ezpz Sorc C3.

I thought linker was super good with summoned pets?

What about Wizard3 > linker2 > pyro2 > pyro3/sage with agni? JP+HK+MM for mobs clearing and pyro skills for high sustain damage? But still doubt that standard JP+HK+MM still do the job well like at rank 8 environment. Please gimme advice, cz im doin this right now (still wiz3 > linker 2)

I’m considering a Pyro2 > Link2 > Nec2 > Sage build for strictly PvE

I have already thought of replacing Nec 2 with WL, but I like Necro a bit too much to just abandon the class.