Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 8 Theory Crafting Discussion (WIZARD)

necro becomes a pvp oriented class, now they’re more focused on summons and debuff RIP wiz3 linker necro builds

STAT! i need someone to say its stat before i consider. Duration and CD particularly. I assume Levitating Featherfoot also take more damage from missle attacks.

https://treeofsavior.com/img2/news/developersblog/20160715/pic16.gif

Until this point we haven’t know the full info, so I will comment some base on what we have.

Sage C1
They are meta for guild utility, but not much add-on to PvE/ET.
Warp Portal: Very important in any guild event, either boss hunt or gvg or guild quest. We all like Priest in RO
Micro Dimension: Beside fireballs, we don’t know what objects able to duplicate. Would be interesting in include Icewall/Dirty Pole/Carve Owl
Ultimate Dimension: The attribute would be more interesting +power as mentioned, it would be great if +50% dmg. The +range might obsolete due to the best AoE have limited to 15 targets, the rest either high CD or hit-count dependent.

Builds Possible:

1. Cryo C3 > Chrono C3 > Sage
    The undoubt path for such important role in a Guild, they bear high responsible to transport members in any guild event especially coming Templar C2.
  2. Pyro C3 > Chrono C3 > Sage
    It seem a proper path, but not forget it is complicated to play this build in PvE, you have lotsa of buttons to click and dish damage and not as effective as elememememe. The only great thing is PvP/GvG
  3. Wiz C3 > Elementalist C3 > Warlock > Sage
    This concept looks weird and surely defeat the purpose of Pure DPS, with most likely Cyro3>Chrono3 going Sage, it likely overlap the role.

Enchanter C1
Enchanter definitely play meta role in ET like Pardoner sell Paladin’s skill (err…) especially JP which would make any small AoE dps valid in ET, did the news mentioned they also have combat ability? Maybe they can modify the element of normal attack?

1. Wiz C1 > Cryo C3 > Linker C3 > Enchanter
    While selling JP, SubZero Shield, Frost Pillar like skill scroll, could it be they can enchant Lightning on their on weapon to deal lightning damage? the Freeze + JP surely boost alot of the damage. While their JP will be selling like hotcakes for ET players
  2. Wiz C1 > Cryo C3 > Chrono C3 > Enchanter
    Selling haste for party grind? we have less dependent on chrono and maybe it make other non-meta class easier to join party? We need 4 different classes, the last slot now is usually chrono so it would change on this.

Warlock C2
Warlock C1 has been renowned as small AoE with high burst damage, it seem this positioning hasn’t been change but with advance version. They now can auto-attack with spirit and require to rush through enemies to deal damage. I believe evil-pots can be brought and they are expensive to play (it need linker’s JP scroll too if no linker in party).

1. Wiz 3 > Elementalist C3 > Warlock C2
    It seem the proper path as a Pure DPS warlock, but somewhat the positioning is different, 1 is AoE sustainable damage, another is small AoE high burst damage.
  2. Wiz 3 > Linker C3 > Warlock C2
    To fully unleash the power of Warlock C2, it seem linker is unavoidable to compensate their pity damage range.
  3. Wiz 3 > Thaumaturge C3 > Warlock C2
    To highest number for magic damage, but it will somewhat rely linker scroll to be able to do well in grind party. Could they be Fletcher no2 in single target high damage?

Alchemist C3
The crafting surely interesting and awesome, but the homunculus is more interesting to new builds path. I guess they are more valid in a grind party than before.

1. Wiz 1 > Pyro C1/2/3 > Linker C3/2/1 > Alchem C3
    Homunculus can cast Joint Penalty? Double Joint Penalty in ET for 20-22 targets? Looks great, but who need linker if everyone can cast lv5 JP from scroll?
  2. Wiz 1 > Cryo C3 > Psycho C1 > Alchem C3
    Same homunculus but double Frost Pillar? Can we rely on their AI? I guess no.

Featherfoot C2
It looks really cool with levitate, they offer a lot strategies for GvG and PvE as well. But to say they taken the role of cleric would not be true until we know the CD the levitate resource.

1. Wiz 3 > Elementalist 3 > Featherfoot C2
    The semi role is more useful and good for any party if the cleric is dps based. Somemore Sleep > Kaboom > Frost Cloud would be heal back 100% in 2-3 seconds
  2. Any Chrono C2 / Psycho C3 build that fly into enemy base and raise + stop them will be very important strategy.

Necromancer C3
They seems like best partner for Archer, and Rogue role in RO to strip armor.

1. Wiz C3 > Linker C2 > NecroC3
    More for PvE, Lethargy + Decay + Archer Skeleton + Linker would clear mobs really fast. But would they sustainable in ET as well?
  2. Cryo C3 / Psycho C3 that CC your enemy and decay them.
1 Like

What? No, my Wiz3>Link2>Necro2 Does just fine with PvE content.

I can one-shot a mob of elites, and if that doesn’t happen, linked Flesh Hoop or Magic Missile will finish them off.

With 5 Skellies, 5 Archer Skellies, Shoggoth and Linked, you don’t think Summons will do much damage?

My Necro is gonna have an awesome time with Necro 3.

Just trying to figure out if getting Sage/Enchanter should be my Kino3>Cryo3’s R8… Money or awesome dimensional stuff?

I’m also thinking of my end class for my Cryo-Kino

Duplicating skills seems cool and all, but I’m not sure if there is anything worth duplicating in Cryo-Kino skills. Double Ice Wall ??? (is there even a need for it though), or bigger frost pillar/raise AOE???

But there are only 2-3 skills revealed, hopefully more will be revealed after.

yea same here, i got a cryo3/pyro3 char and frankly what do i use sage for.

Not what you can duplicate of yourself, rather than your party. It means you can bring both DPS (Duplicated from other people) and CC to your party.

Warlock really didn’t need new good skills… Its C1 skills all scale amazingly with levels as they all gain either duration or more hits. So, I really wouldn’t feel bad for them at all. I’m mostly curious about what Sage can duplicate though. I might make a Sorc 3 if I can duplicate familiars…

Sage is my go to for two characters, my current Cryosorc main and future Pyrolinkerchrono.

My thauma troll is going enchanter, duh.

On a side note the Sage costume is honestly my aesthetic. Super cute.

FF are suicide bombers pass it on.

they will most likely see what elementals are moving into, if they will lack damage or drop off they will probably make a burstier wl3 solution.

So yea, its fine now tho.

[quote=“valkyrie_regalia, post:28, topic:312863, full:true”]
Warlock really didn’t need new good skills… Its C1 skills all scale amazingly with levels as they all gain either duration or more hits. [/quote]
All skills scale amazingly well and gain more hits? I don’t think Mastema gains more hits nor does it scale well, it’s a pretty disappointing skill overall.

It’s not a skill, it’s an embarrassment that shows a disconnect between the devs and their own game. Not unique to Warlock at all, however; in-fact, Warlock is doing great. Other branches also have such disgraces, while also not offering anything new that is worthwhile. My statement is correct though, as Mastema isn’t a thing anyone gets on purpose aside from those looking to gimp their selves. This makes it non-existent in reference to the class in terms of its actual skills. I’m awaiting the patch that changes such jokes into actual abilities worthy to be called skills, but such a thing hasn’t even happened in kToS yet, let alone here. Sigh . . . It puzzles me how developers can be so disconnected from their own creation…

2 Likes