Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 2 choice? Cryo1 vs Wiz2

Just need some input on my Rank 2 choice - For PvP, is it better to go Cryo 1 or Wiz 2 - aka Freeze vs Sure Spell? My higher rank is a Linker3.

I’m thinking probably Cryo 1, but it seems to have limited use if there’s always Prophecy / Bloodletting. And on the other hand Sure Spell is really situational, but at least I can spread it to my party with spiritual chain.

For those who are active in PvP arena, can you think of situations where it would have really helped if you had sure spell?

If you’re not going for wiz 3 I think Cryo will give you a bit more utility.

Anytime you’re being targeted by an archer or smart swordsman. Or multiple opponents. Cryo skills alone (not including c3) aren’t a sure-fire thing in 1v1 scenarios as I found out the hard way. Getting interrupted in pvp can be super irritating against certain opponents.

If theres any reason left in the world PD’s skills will be balanced (rip linker).

Can I ask why linker3 with a pvp mindset? Going to guess zergfest GvG scenarios.

2 Likes

necromancers and bokors

Can you give some more examples? Because I was under the assumption that most skills don’t have a cast bar, and sure spell doesn’t block knock downs/ups anyway, so it may have limited use. I would love to hear all the various shenanigans that happened in your experience.

As for the linker3 question there’s some interesting mechanic I may wanna try out.

have you actually played as a mage?
most skills have a cast bar also the animation can be interupted.
I had to avoid a quest for a long time because the mos I was supposedto hunt had multishot and walked in swarms, I just couldnt cast anything

1 Like

I mainly played support mages which don’t have cast bars, but I’m aware that the offensive mages have cast bars (psy and ele and the notorious runecaster).

And iirc surespell doesn’t block cancellation of animation?

I also know about Archer and Highlander. But other than that …?

I think with this comparison, it’s going to go like this for PvP: If they have bloodletting, wiz2 is better, if they don’t, cyro1 is better. Sure spell is really nice for skills you hold down though like with psycho. But even for a psycho, it’s the same scale. A Psycho would very much enjoy you freezing someone. If you can’t though cause of bloodletting, then them not being interupted would be nice. However. . . If they have bloodletting, the Pyscho can’t stunlock them anyways so it’s easy to just run away from it. It could help eles and rune casters who didn’t pick up wizard 2 or 3 though. It really is going to depend on the situation which is better so I’d get whichever one you think will help yourself more.

Well for one archers will try to lock you down with AA to stop you from throwing ice bolts at them. They’ll keep their distance and serpentine when they think you’re going to try to land ice pike which is easy to miss unless they’re already cc’d.

Swordies will just try to cc you first. Without haste, its very possible to do this with dash and stun skills if you can’t land bolt in time.

Also it can be nearly impossible to manage multiple opponents with cryo cc (without slow, stop, ice pillar, raise, subzero shield) if they have good teamwork and you don’t get the proper support from your own buddies.

I haven’t had the opportunity to test surespell in game. One thing to keep in mind here is successfull pvp has a lot to do with the amount of offensive magic you can throw at your opponent at the right time. Even if its ‘weak’. If you have to resort to AA and can’t retreat smart opponents will definitely notice and take the chance to kill you.

I will play my own build even if it’s sucks…i dont like the idea about everyone had the same build, i dont see the point on that. Doesnt matter if you do wrong now because more rank are coming and maybe we need to create a new build again… On CBT i was pyro full… this time i am going to test the rest of the class after i finish to test everyone i will create my ultime build.

I’d go with cryo, wiz 2 is not good at all, Surespell is not worth a rank. Cryo has 2 freezing skills and Ice Wall which is good ground control and can be used to create shards and deal heavy damage depending on what your team combination is.

You should only go Wiz2 if you really don’t like wiz3 and have a huge need for Surespell on your build (RC or something with long cast time)

1 Like

In which case you’d benefit from Quick cast with +50% damage scaling, in wiz 3.