Tree of Savior Forum

Ranged Controls Guide. Mouse mode for Best Controls and DPS (Explained)

For ranged characters I strongly suggest mouse mode with esdf movement and targeting with the mouse. This allows you to aim your aimed skills the fastest (They go instantly to where your mouse is). By doing this it allows you to instantly atk with your aimed skills which will improve your dps compared to the keyboard and gamepad mode where you have to slowly drag the aimed skill to the enemy you want to attack. Mouse mode also makes changing targets instant as well since you target the enemy your mouse is hovering over. Which is much faster than tab targeting. This mode will take a few minutes to get used to but it is so worth it and will greatly improve your dps and target switching from a few seconds each to instant as it did mine after I switched from the keyboard mode. This has a big impact on Pve and Pvp.

The keys that work best for me in this mode are:

esdf - movement

qwrtyghcvb - skills that require movement

Shift+q,w,r,t,y,g,h,c,v,b - skills that don’t require movement and some movement skills work fine too if they are pressed fast. I noticed if your hold shift to long you stop moving somtimes.

1,2,3,4,5 - A few skills and potions.

Number Pad 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 - Buffs (Quickly move hand from mouse to buff and then back.

While using this mode you may have trouble talking to NPC’s here is the fix for this problem:

I had to modify my hotkey_mousemode_user.xml
Not hotkey_mousemode.xml/

See what works for you :slight_smile:

In this image I show my controls for my archer. I am saving some easy keys for when I become a musketeer.

Hope I could help :slight_smile: Please leave a like or reply if you liked this guide.

1 Like

You may want to use keyboard or gamepad mode for the target lock and then cycle targets with tab or gamepad button. This will let you stay locked on a target easier. With the mouse mode It can be hard to target bosses or other targets if there are lots of other monsters around them or pets.