Tree of Savior Forum

Random Map Events, a pause to grinding for some reward

To make the game less plain and boring, there could be random events happening
on the maps, that if the player participates, the player gains rewards upon finishing it.

Random events could be like… An npc walks in the grinding area you are, and asks the players to
gather a certain number of an item that drops from a monster that spawns on that location,
monsters could begin spawning like crazy and you would need to reduce their
number, a village could be attacked by monsters and you would need to defend the npcs,
a boss appears on the field, and you must stop him before it reaches the portal to the town.

There are several kinds of events you guys could do to make the game grinding be
less boring and with more things to do while playing.

Also, try not to make the system greedy and rewarding only the one who did best on the event,
plus, not make the events very frequent.

1 Like

I would like it more if it started spawning more blue mobs on all maps as an event over it been npc quest and single map…

1 Like

I mean, the Party Event Bosses already half-accomplish this. It’d be nice to have that added, but I’d be leaning more towards the Boss + numerous spawning minions (That can CC, and aren’t just meatshields) around him instead of more dreaded item gathering.

Blue mobs? They are a legend since the first weeks of icbt 2, they still exists?
Beside truth, they could increase their spawn rate a bit.

The idea is not a plain item gathering quest, is some random objective that may pop up while you are grinding,
doing it would be like an extra to the grinding.

Grinding, grinding and grinding will be boring after a long time, but if something happen in between the grinding and give the player something good, that may reduce the bore level depending on how entertaining it were.

One good example, you are grinding on the Miner’s Village, until you see a notice that Vubbes are trying to raid the Miner’s Village.
During the moment the event is happening, troops of Vubbes will spawn on their villages and begin marching to the Miner’s Village, ignoring anyone in the way.
They will only begin to attack a player if they get attacked by the player while they move, if all players in the map successfully repel their invasion after some time, the players will get a exp, coins and item reward based on how much they contributed to the event.
But if the Miner’s Village is dominated by the Vubbes… Well, Vubbes will start spawning in all areas of the map until the players reduce their number, so the event of the Vubbe Invasion can be triggered again.

Then who knows when the event will be triggered again.

don’t know if they exist on kobt, but they were real on icbt2…

I got to see and kill… 1 …

:expressionless:

You mean, something like the FFA events called FATEs (Full Active Time Events) on FFXIV .You’re asking for something like those events but with less spawn ratio, something just for breaking the monotony of grinding from time to time. I guess it would be nice to have those + the existing party events.

Dunno what is FATE, since I never played FFXIV.
But yeah, the events may turn the grinding less boring.

This is what Guild Wars 2 and FFXIV does. It isn’t necessarily a bad idea at all. However, I’d like to see different actions rather than copied from those games styles. Low drop% quest items to start events or hidden quests could be fun, different, and interesting depending on the reward.

Having map stories would be interesting as well, your Vubbes idea could be interesting for a map stuck in a war setting for sure.

Another idea would be depending on how long a boss monster stays up, it starts creating minions that give more experience, and it itself gains more experience at time goes on. Making more people make noise about it being there so everyone comes to kill it.

Yup, with the system the game would get way more interesting to be played.