Tree of Savior Forum

Random Corsair Build

Any opinions? Thinking of trying the below builds. Aiming for a dual wielding swordsman (AA probably, anyway I just want to dual wield).

Sw3-High2-Cor3 (I would have decent skills in Double Slash and Skyliner)
Sw3-Barb1-Dop1-Cor3 (PATK stacking with DoV)

I know it would suck so please don’t lecture me on that. lol. Too many balancing going on, I’d just like to get a fun build.

Or would it be too foolish of me not to go 2h sword with a build like Sw-High3-Barb3-Shinobi? figured I could stack more crits with dual wielding than 2h sword.

EDIT : Just wanted to dual wield badly. Not a fan of Kirito btw :joy:

EDIT2 : I will not even consider using Pistol, so there’s that as well.

You can try

Sw3 pelt corsair 3 dragoon (dragoon 2 gives good boost at c2 anyway and I dont see any eye opening rank 9 for corsair. I repeat I dont see any build that is good for corsair in r9)

Sw3 pelt corsair 3 doppel (Dov+ dwa if you want to dual wield so badly)

I personally use dragoon though. Dont worry since dragoon has attributes to wield 1h and 2h spear.

Sw3 pelt corsar 3 doppel is still the best corsair farming build atm.

can it be sw2 ?

sw2-barb3-cor3 (Maximum aspd build)

Ah sorry I forgot no spear classes, I actually have Dragoon right now. just wanted to try something different.

I’d agree with this 100%. I know better not to hope on the future. :sweat_smile:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but will it affect DWA? much that I have read so far is that it doesn’t. That’s why I didn’t even considered Barb3.

frenzy just increase attack speed. (+250)

it still depend on your ping too.

Frenzy increases Physical Attack too, still it’s not worth it on a Corsair farming build… with the recent monsters nerf, you usually one/two/three shot every monster in Rank8 maps, and you are able to build Frenzy stacks on auto attacks only, that’s a waste of time in that scenario. :confused:

I have a Corsair too and it’s Sword3Barb1Cors3Shinobi, not really a fun of Hoplite/Spears so I skipped that route but it’s still an option, before the free rank reset weeks, it was Sword3Pelt1Cors3Doppel1.

IMHO I would suggest you to go for Sword 3 Barb 1 Cors 3 Doppel 1, I don’t know why people are suggesting you Peltasta 1, it gives you nothing except the taunt, and if you’re that much of a lazyass you can use the flag to aggro the mob in the same way.
Skip Shinobi, I found it funny at first with its burst on daily missions/ET runs but on farming session it’s pretty much useless.
Doppel 1 is a way better choice, with 5 DoV, 5 Cyclone and 5 DPE, you get: more damage, more AoE capabilities and additional chance to double the loot, and on a farming char that’s what you should be aiming for!

If your intention is farming of course having faster farming utility is better.

Swordsman is like swordsman 1 or swordsman 3 or gtfo imo. Unless of course if you plan to go doppel.

Barb is pretty good improving dwa from corsair though but barb 3 makes it optimal since barb 3 has the necessary attributes.

So yeah if you want faster farming then include peltasta. If you dont want to include peltasta then MAKE SURE YOU ARE GOING SWORDSMAN 3 NOT 2. I hope peeps read this part to avoid misunderstanding.

Only problem is that if you have only rank2 open. Sw2 can be good for extra painbarrier + patk + conc.

then again pelt1 is easy extra 25% hp and taunt + evasion/pdef.

then again if you go corsair3. You cant use swashbuckling well since its not allowed to use with pistol. Thats the main problem. You would have to manual swap all the time which is hassle.

HL1 is pretty much useless there. So only viable option to take is sw2 if you dont take pelt1. now that they made sw buffs scale with str/dex theyre decent.

barb3 actually works quite wonders with corsair. Now with new patch coming up. DWA is stamina free so you can get 10-11 stacks pretty much instantly with dwa on. giving 15-16.5% patk bonus. Also frenzy gives +250 attack speed. Saving you a lot dex points you could throw in into str or con.

This also leaves your build open for any new class on rank9. be it shinobi or any new hidden class or any new class really.

both barb3 and cors3 work quite well as standalone and they combo well.

still i pretty much prefer that pelt1 over sw2. since for farming taunt is really good even if you had to manual swap (we can also hope they add swashbucklin to pistols since you can already use it with dagger)

edit… also yeah… barb is pretty much one of those classes you take circle1 or 3. circle2 just isnt good. Circle3 is quite op for party too. Warcy extend debuffs work for party members debuffs too… giving typical 2-4sec debuff 12-14sec timer.

with the incoming gazing golem card i think it is not a mandatory to take sw3 for lv 15 pain barrier.
I am using sw3pelt1cor3doppel atm and feel very lacking at single target dmg department, i would trade sw3 with sw1hl2 if i could.

another thing I am considering as well, maybe I can skip PB15. knockback is really annoying and only the main reason I am forced to a sw3 build.

though Barb3’s Frenzy and Doppel’s DoV can hugely boost DWA.

One question for Barb users, is Pouncing still mediocre? Would love it if my Corsair can at least be decent against bosses, which is why I am thinking of at including least High2 in the build.

the thing is. Gazing golem for example was disabled in tbl/pvp/gvg etc… and there is talk in ktos that it might get nerfs in pve too. who knows what but its reasonable to think that it would get cooldown of 1min or then duration is really low or then nerf the trigger%. anyways at the moment its quite OP and doomed to get nerf.

Another thing is that they could just add SW3 some extra attributes for painbarrier or even SW2. dmg reduction etc…

Another thing to think is that there is actually a lot good cards to pick instead of gazing golem…

also IMC has stated earlier than cards will have combos and set bonuses when you equip spesific cards. not out yet but will come someday. Just like in Ragnarok you had . Equip this and that card and get this and that bonus on top of cards own bonuses. That will change meta a lot too.

well it’s just pretty annoying that most sword builds are forced into sw3 just to be able to deal with the knockbacks. they ought to do something about it. maybe an aerial recovery or just reduce the tendency of being knocked back.

Pouncing is still mediocre. Also for mob groups it misses most mobs and hard to hit. Doesnt register most hits. Its hitbox sucks…

For example if you compare it to CAta3 rush… its just A LOT weaker version of it.

then again swing does insane dmg and 5hit seism is decent. Main selling points on barb3 is frenzy+warcry in my opinion + long wild stacks.

If you compare it to something like uhh… heck even cyclone3 on dop1 does way more dmg than pouncing will do :I

Auto attacks are stronger than pouncing. Like I said barb 3 is just for attributes of warcry and frenzy. Wild nature makes seism decent though. Im not exaggerating but corsair 3 has better damage than dragoon 2 especially if you have serpentine debuff by a party member. Since I have no faith in corsair’s rank 9 choice I just went sw3 pelt corsair 3 drag, sw pelt barb 3 corsair 3, and sw3 pelt corsair 3 doppel

well pouncing does more dmg than autoattacks on bosses. If you have big immobile target that acts as wall. It does more dmg than autoattacks but then again if youmean DWA as autoattack… DWA might do more.

1 Like